Thread: Glacier Silver
View Single Post
      06-02-2014, 10:58 AM   #29
AG64
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 X5 xDrive35i

To me silver is a matter of conviniece for where i live - NYC. Especially in the winter time i found it to be the best at hiding the salt and grime. Glacier Silver actuallly appear to be a bit lighter and with maybe a slight bluish tint in direct sunlight. Had a chance to compare to an older X5 while parked opposite each other on the street.
A few observations:
Steering is a lot lighter, in fact when i picked it up i was overcompensating by twisting wheel too far
MC seats while great feel quite a bit 'thinner' then the ones on 2011.
I wish the grab handle on the driver's side door was more towards the edge of the door. I keep missing it when entering the car, since its fairly narrow and more towards the dashboard.
Carpets are very thin as well, in fact mine keeps flopping on the brake pedal after exiting the car (probably just me twisting it when i exit.
The humongous key already has scratches from being in my pocket with other keys. Ordered a cover for it. Maybe it will bring back 'man purse' - on the other hand 'Are you glad to see me, or is that a BMW key in your pocket?' could be a difficult question to answer.
Glad i got the Lux Line, i think painted arches actually make the 19 inch wheel look like they are bigger (if that makes sense). The black arch trim would actually 'extend' the wheel well whe looking at it sideways.
And the streeng weel being a bit thicker doesn't hurt.

I didn't really have a chance for a longer drives over the weekend - 35 miles total LOL. Should post more impressions when i get a chance to drive/play more