Thread: X5 25D reviews?
View Single Post
      03-18-2014, 04:03 PM   #5
Patch Mccoid
Rep
Drives: X5 25d msport

25d Msport

Took delivery of the car 2 weeks ago (14 reg)and so far I am very pleased with it. I have driven a Q5 for the last 4 years and since new I never had one problem with it, but when I saw the new X5 I knew it was time for a change.

I like the cars exterior but love the interior. I went for the following:

Msport
Comfort front seats
Heated front seats
Reversing camera
Alpine White
Black Dakota Leather
Brushed aluminium
Connected drive services
Sun protection glass
Fully electric tow bar (love this)

I do about 30,000 miles a year so bought the car for comfort on the motorway and it really is comfortable. The drive is smooth with the 8 speed box and engine noise is minimal. There is a bit of wind noise but no where near as much as the Q5 had.

I have been fairly light with the right foot for the last 2 weeks but gave it a bit of thrash in sport on the way home tonight and it didn't disappoint me at all. It's obviously not going to throw you back into your seat like an M50d but for a 2 litre engine it can still move a big chunk of metal at quite a pace.

The only negative I have is that the steering feel is a bit light in comfort mode when you aren't motorway driving. I have also had 2 minor issues so far. 1st the connected drive computer has randomly rebooted twice for no apparent reason and I have had the dreaded door seal pop out once on the drivers door.

One other thing I wasn't aware of is that you have to fill it with Adblue about every 9000 miles but it's only about £15 for 10 litres.

All in all I am very impressed with it and I am sure you guys still waiting for delivery won't be disappointed.
Appreciate 0