07-22-2014, 03:33 AM   #87
Armen383
First Lieutenant
Cyprus
Rep
Drives: Mercedes-Benz E63S

Quote:
Originally Posted by opasha View Post
1) Either way doesn't hurt. DME is the one where you need engine on because battery does not have enough power. Realistically though, it's better to just code with the engine on - less stress on battery as you mentioned. That's what I do.

2) I would say it takes about 2 minutes per code because you have to locate which folder everything is in, but r33's cheat sheet makes things much faster. The more practice you have, the faster you will get because you will pretty much know things by heart. Here's something I wrote up with bits of help provided by many people from the forums:
Thanks a ton, opasha! I'll keep the engine running then. The cable is due for delivery today so I'm good to go r33's cheat sheet is indeed helpful, I've also downloaded lots of e-sys FAQs with screenshots/etc. plus cheat sheets for various Fxx and couldn't help but notice that the coding stuff is either exactly the same across the range or very, very similar. Plus I found this BMW CAFD ID's cheat sheet which should help me navigate and easily locate the CAFD in which to locate the HU_NBT/etc. (kinda makes no sense to load all if you're not coding them, right?)

Only one question left on the table... How to code the Auto Start-Stop function to start as last used (i.e. disabled in my case ))? Found these in pre-LCI F10 (standard in LCI) cheat sheet:

For last used: CAS => 3000 => TC_MSA_MEMORY => aktiv
For always off: CAS => 3000 => TC_MSA_DEFAULT_OFF => aktiv

Is it the same in the F15?
Appreciate 0