08-05-2017, 02:45 PM   #71
David70
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 Z4M Coupe - 13 Cadillac ATS

Quote:
Originally Posted by SYT_Shadow View Post
Like I said before, I hope Porsche and all its fanbois are really proud that the GT2 RS which is going for $500k is able to beat a car that costs $135k. It's an incredible achievement! (NOT)

As I said earlier, something that costs as much as a regular GTS needs a $500k car to beat it.

My track M3 has 700/1000lb springs. In comparison to any of my student's GT3s, which have stock suspension, it almost feels like a Cadillac.
The difference is so notable I actually called the suspension people and asked them to send the 'big boy' springs, but was told I already had them.

Yes I know, the GT3 is so well damped yada yada yada. Yet the advanced GT3 drivers almost without exception run aftermarket suspensions as well as aftermarket brake rotors. It's funny isn't it?
If I had the money I would get the GT2 RS. I guess in my case fanboi = cares a lot about other things than fractions of a second around a normal race track.