View Single Post
      12-23-2021, 09:40 AM   #233
jeffjameson
Registered
Rep
Drives: f15 x5 40e

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajcameron View Post
New owner here, 2018 X5 40e. It's working great for us but I have a charging issue and I wonder if anyone else is experiencing the same thing.

If the car is put on to charge with less than 30% battery remaining and its cold, 10Cº or lower, the car will reach 100% charge at the estimated time of completion, however the car will remain "charging" for several hours after. During this time its pulling low, end of charge power, 0.1kWh type of thing but it refuses to complete the charge for sometimes up to 13 hours! If I interrupt the charging once it reaches 100% it will complete charging within minutes after being put back on charge.

BMW tried to fix the issue by replacing the aux heater unit for £1244, but that made no difference at all. They are now telling me this is normal 40e behaviour.

Is this normal behaviour? I think not as it completes charging fine if the battery is over 50%.

Have you experience this and managed to find the issue?

Thanks for any comments.
Hello, yes. I have the same issue here as well. It's kind of annoying, but I'm not sure I would go out of my way to spend that kind of money to remedy it, given the cost benefit on what you said you had already tried to spend on it.
Appreciate 0