BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW X5 and X6 Forum (F15/F16) > BMW X5 (F15) and BMW X6 (F16) Forum > BMW X5 and X6 (F15/F16) Forum

05-21-2024, 07:58 PM   #1
Imnotethan
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2014 X5 (F15)

BMW X5 Auto Hold Memory, Sports Individual, Mirror fold w/Comfort access

I've been researching a few coding options for my 2014 X5 (F15), and it seems the answers to my questions might be no. But I still wanted to create a thread to clarify and see if anyone has found solutions:

Auto Hold Memory: I know that Auto Hold default ON can be enabled only on the G series cars, but is there any way to code in auto hold memory for the F15, so I don’t need to press the button each time I start the car?

Coding Sports Individual: There isn’t a sport individual setting in my X5, and I want to have the sport digital gauges on all the time, even when driving in normal mode. I found a workaround to modify the sport individual to keep the sport digital gauge while driving normally. Is it possible to code a sports individual setting into the F15?

Mirror Fold with Comfort Access: I’ve coded my mirrors to fold when I lock my X5, which works perfectly with the key fob. However, with comfort access, I have to hold my hand on the door handle for a bit for the mirrors to fold in. The first tap just locks the car without folding the mirrors. I tried adjusting the comfort access latency, but that didn’t help. How can I get the mirrors to fold in on the first tap?

I’d be happy to offer a $10 coffee for each solution (PayPal or Venmo). Thanks for your help!
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2024, 10:38 AM   #2
RED_Y_
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 X5 3.5d

Auto Hold-can't code to be always on.
Sports Individual- I don't remember on top of my head but I think it's also a no.
Mirror fold- possible, set the delay in the parameter "BDC_BODY" > "KOMFORT_SCHLIESSEN" > change value from "werte=0f" to "werte=00" if you are using E-sys or code with Bimmercode, it allows you to change the delay.
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2024, 12:33 PM   #3
Qsilver7
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F06 650ix GC / F15 X5 50i

Ditto Red_Y…it’s a no for the first two requests. The f15 X5 doesn’t have “SPORT INDIVIDUAL” selection in iDrive. It does have the ability to select chassis, drivetrain, or both (if you have the adaptive suspension)…but it’s not as selectable as what the g05 X5 got with iDrive7 - up.

Did you code the mirror folding yourself and if yes, what app or software did you use? Or did you buy the X5 with the mirror folding already coded?

Based on the supported codings from the Bimmercode.app website…there are 3 mirror folding coding parameters. You can see them listed below. If you code the fold/unfold automatically coding parameter … then all it takes is approx a 1 second press & hold of the CA ridges on the door handle or a press on the remote fob to lock the vehicle and have the mirrors fold. Your post makes it sound like you have to do two presses or a long press of the CA ridges on the handle.

Another scenario could be that you have a CA door handle near about to fail. Does it operate the same on all 4 door handles (aka long press or double press to get mirrors to fold and car to lock)?
Attached Images

Become a BMW CCA member! Click HERE to join and feel free to use my BMW CCA member #191509 as a referral.

Last edited by Qsilver7; 05-22-2024 at 12:46 PM..
Appreciate 0