BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      04-23-2014, 02:44 PM   #1
Bigtop
Enlisted Member
2
Rep
48
Posts

Drives: 2014 BMW X5, 5.0i, Msport
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Colorado

iTrader: (0)

F15 50i 0-60mph in 4.3 secs

Check out the Car and Driver review of the 2014 X5 50i. Not too flattering on the steering feel or tires used, but performance figures are fast!

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/...0i-test-review
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2014, 04:34 PM   #2
patrobX5
Private First Class
Canada
7
Rep
179
Posts

Drives: X5 4.4i
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (0)

"Hustling to 60 mph in 4.3 seconds and through the quarter mile in 12.8 seconds at 109 mph is a worthy feat when there’s 5306 pounds of vehicle to lug around."

OMG
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2014, 04:42 PM   #3
ljxrayman
Private
0
Rep
67
Posts

Drives: 2014 X5 M Sport Mineral White
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Richmond, BC

iTrader: (0)

Unbelievable....E70 X5M....RIP.
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2014, 05:02 PM   #4
scnick82
Private First Class
7
Rep
116
Posts

Drives: 2014 X5 xdrive50i
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: San Diego, CA

iTrader: (0)

Wow! I wonder how close to that I can get using my phone stopwatch lol! Will give it try soon.
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2014, 08:26 PM   #5
buckeyewalt
First Lieutenant
8
Rep
311
Posts

Drives: 2014 X5 50i
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: West Tennessee

iTrader: (0)

I wonder if the M-Sport version would be any quicker with launch control?
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2014, 01:35 AM   #6
kip1
Lieutenant
12
Rep
406
Posts

Drives: PTT
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: -

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljx*****n View Post
Unbelievable....E70 X5M....RIP.
yes and also Cayenne turbo...
http://f15.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho...-100+km%2Fh+in
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2014, 05:21 AM   #7
gorun
Lieutenant
gorun's Avatar
10
Rep
525
Posts

Drives: W166 ML63 PP
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Where the roads are crap...

iTrader: (0)

Hahaha easy easy
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2014, 06:29 AM   #8
deadbuck
Enlisted Member
0
Rep
45
Posts

Drives: BMW X5 F15 M Sport
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Jacksonville

iTrader: (0)

Everywhere else says 0-60 in 4.9 seconds. Even other car and driver articles. Am I missing something here? Was it a misprint? Granted it does feel fast as hell when you do launch control in sport mode!
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2014, 08:27 AM   #9
E90Fleet
Major General
South Africa
179
Rep
8,259
Posts

Drives: BMW
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: South Africa

iTrader: (0)

Maybe someone should tell them that the optional Active steering is not electric, its a Hydraulic system unlike the regular X5 steering.
__________________
Nominated: Member of the Year, Most Contributing Member


BMW if you are reading, I need a job
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2014, 02:40 PM   #10
Bigtop
Enlisted Member
2
Rep
48
Posts

Drives: 2014 BMW X5, 5.0i, Msport
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Colorado

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadbuck View Post
Everywhere else says 0-60 in 4.9 seconds. Even other car and driver articles. Am I missing something here? Was it a misprint? Granted it does feel fast as hell when you do launch control in sport mode!
The 4.9 seconds is what BMW officially represents it will do. They are always conservative in their numbers. Most car mags and critics don't test the performance figures of the car because they do not have the facilities, equipment or skill set to complete the task, hence, them just putting down what BMW states.
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2014, 10:51 AM   #11
Kzang
First Lieutenant
7
Rep
300
Posts

Drives: 2013 X5 35i Premium
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: NJ

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigtop View Post
The 4.9 seconds is what BMW officially represents it will do. They are always conservative in their numbers. Most car mags and critics don't test the performance figures of the car because they do not have the facilities, equipment or skill set to complete the task, hence, them just putting down what BMW states.
I agree.. also unless every condition for 0-60 testing is identical the car will vary in speeds...
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2014, 10:58 AM   #12
atomic80
First Lieutenant
41
Rep
339
Posts

Drives: 997TT
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Bellevue, WA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90Fleet View Post
Maybe someone should tell them that the optional Active steering is not electric, its a Hydraulic system unlike the regular X5 steering.
Say what??? You sure about that? Thought the entire steering system was electric with/without the active steering system

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeyewalt View Post
I wonder if the M-Sport version would be any quicker with launch control?
Launch countrol? We have that in our M-Sport X5's? I'll have to look this up.
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2014, 12:13 AM   #13
mikikuki7
First Lieutenant
United_States
24
Rep
322
Posts

Drives: F15 50i
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: McAllen, TX

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomic80
Quote:
Originally Posted by E90Fleet View Post
Maybe someone should tell them that the optional Active steering is not electric, its a Hydraulic system unlike the regular X5 steering.
Say what??? You sure about that? Thought the entire steering system was electric with/without the active steering system

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeyewalt View Post
I wonder if the M-Sport version would be any quicker with launch control?
Launch countrol? We have that in our M-Sport X5's? I'll have to look this up.
How does it work? I didn't know that?! I second that! Where can we find the info?
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2014, 12:21 AM   #14
opasha
Brigadier General
opasha's Avatar
497
Rep
3,677
Posts

Drives: 2014 BMW X5 50i
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Maryland

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomic80 View Post
Launch countrol? We have that in our M-Sport X5's? I'll have to look this up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikikuki7 View Post
How does it work? I didn't know that?! I second that! Where can we find the info?
There's no button or anything. The computer automatically does it I believe when you put your car into sport/sport + mode. They talked about it the thread below, but it's in the owner's manual in detail supposedly.

http://f15.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=926444
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2014, 12:23 AM   #15
atomic80
First Lieutenant
41
Rep
339
Posts

Drives: 997TT
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Bellevue, WA

iTrader: (0)

Yeah I saw that other thread. I haven't had a chance to try it on mine.
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2014, 12:49 AM   #16
r33_RGSport
Colonel
r33_RGSport's Avatar
United_States
182
Rep
2,290
Posts

Drives: F10 F15
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: So. Cal

iTrader: (0)

I need someone to sit in my car to time the 0-60.
Volunteer?
__________________
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2014, 04:06 AM   #17
kip1
Lieutenant
12
Rep
406
Posts

Drives: PTT
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: -

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by opasha View Post
There's no button or anything. The computer automatically does it I believe when you put your car into sport/sport + mode. They talked about it the thread below, but it's in the owner's manual in detail supposedly.

http://f15.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=926444
Owners manual:

Start with launch control
While the engine is running:
1. Press button or select with the
Driving Dynamics Control Sport+.
TRACTION is displayed in the instrument
cluster and the indicator lamp for DSC OFF
lights up.
2. Engaging the transmission position S
3. With the left foot, forcefully press down on
the brake.
4. Press on the accelerator beyond the resist‐
ance point at the full throttle position.
A flag symbol appears in the instrument
cluster.
5. The starting engine speed adjusts. Within
3 seconds, release the brake.
Before using Launch Control, allow the trans‐
mission to cool down for approx. 5 minutes.
Launch Control adjusts to the surrounding
conditions, e.g., wet pavement, when used
again.

file:///C:/Users/ltj1/Downloads/X5_01402910949_1308_en-us_BA_1307_F15_print_en-us_nbt%20(1).pdf

Page 79.
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2014, 04:12 AM   #18
opasha
Brigadier General
opasha's Avatar
497
Rep
3,677
Posts

Drives: 2014 BMW X5 50i
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Maryland

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kip1 View Post
Owners manual:

Start with launch control
While the engine is running:
1. Press button or select with the
Driving Dynamics Control Sport+.
TRACTION is displayed in the instrument
cluster and the indicator lamp for DSC OFF
lights up.
2. Engaging the transmission position S
3. With the left foot, forcefully press down on
the brake.
4. Press on the accelerator beyond the resist‐
ance point at the full throttle position.
A flag symbol appears in the instrument
cluster.
5. The starting engine speed adjusts. Within
3 seconds, release the brake.
Before using Launch Control, allow the trans‐
mission to cool down for approx. 5 minutes.
Launch Control adjusts to the surrounding
conditions, e.g., wet pavement, when used
again.

file:///C:/Users/ltj1/Downloads/X5_01402910949_1308_en-us_BA_1307_F15_print_en-us_nbt%20(1).pdf

Page 79.
Dang, all of that effort for the launch control setting? Seems rather tedious.
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2014, 07:28 AM   #19
deadbuck
Enlisted Member
0
Rep
45
Posts

Drives: BMW X5 F15 M Sport
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Jacksonville

iTrader: (0)

I believe it is a standard option in the Msport line. Night and day difference then just mashing the gas in sport mode. My kids call it "turbo power"
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2014, 07:43 PM   #20
Bigtop
Enlisted Member
2
Rep
48
Posts

Drives: 2014 BMW X5, 5.0i, Msport
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Colorado

iTrader: (0)

This just written by Car and Driver review of ne X6 but referring to F15 50i

"(We just tested an X5 xDrive50i that posted a 4.3-second 0-to-60 time, so the latter figure is probably conservative.

http://www.caranddriver.com/news/201...-and-info-news

I knew I had landed a monster!
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2014, 08:11 PM   #21
scnick82
Private First Class
7
Rep
116
Posts

Drives: 2014 X5 xdrive50i
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: San Diego, CA

iTrader: (0)

2015 x5 x50i BMW quoted 0-60mph drops from 4.9 to 4.7
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:47 PM.




xbimmers
xbimmers
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST