BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

09-06-2015, 03:33 PM   #1
zew988@gmail.com
Private
Rep
Drives: Mineral Grey F82

How do I go about ordering bmws individual

I am new to ordering BMW's but I want to order one through BMW Individual how do I go about doing this? What are my color options exterior and interior?
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2015, 04:02 PM   #2
UrbanExtant
Captain
Rep
Drives: F82 M4 Comp Pack

Quote:
Originally Posted by zew988@gmail.com
I am new to ordering BMW's but I want to order one through BMW Individual how do I go about doing this? What are my color options exterior and interior?
One orders an individual BMW by working with their client advisor. As of last week, BMW Hasn't opened the X5/X6 M up to truly individual orders. I know, as I inquired with my client advisor. An X6 M is on the shortlist of vehicles to replace my husband's BMW when the lease is up in a few months. I didn't ask if the individual colors of Azurite Black and Pyrite Brown are available in the US, as they are in other countries, because we aren't interested in either of those.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      09-06-2015, 04:06 PM   #3
zew988@gmail.com
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanExtant View Post
One orders an individual BMW by working with their client advisor. As of last week, BMW Hasn't opened the X5/X6 M up to truly individual orders. I know, as I inquired with my client advisor. An X6 M is on the shortlist of vehicles to replace my husband's BMW when the lease is up in a few months. I didn't ask if the individual colors of Azurite Black and Pyrite Brown are available in the US, as they are in other countries, because we aren't interested in either of those.

Wow thank you that helps where do I find a client advisor? a dealership? Also what are the list of colors?
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2015, 04:09 PM   #4
UrbanExtant
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by zew988@gmail.com View Post
Wow thank you that helps where do I find a client advisor? a dealership? Also what are the list of colors?
Client advisor is BMW's designation for a salesman in a dealership. List of colors you can find from the client advisor you work with. As I indicated, if you are interested in the X5/X6 M, those aren't available currently through the full individual program in the United States.
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2015, 04:11 PM   #5
zew988@gmail.com
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by zew988@gmail.com View Post
Oh ok, I see I know the x5 isn't available yet but what about say for a m3 what colors are available for that?
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2015, 05:24 PM   #6
UrbanExtant
Captain
Rep

I don't have a list of colors available through the individual program. When you find a client advisor you like working with, he/she will be able to provide you with the current book(s) listing available colors. BMW is usually willing to accommodate most requests, even matching colors from other vehicle manufacturers.
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2015, 08:34 PM   #7
Luca42
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: AMG

Quote:
Thanks for the information, Urban. Where did you get this?

I'm wondering (as I mentioned in another thread), that I placed my order a few weeks ago but had not heard about my build. I'm doing an Individual build (exterior and interior) and I wonder if this is the hold up. When I first started the process, the CA said she placed a call to the corporate offices and that corporate had "approved" my individual build. Yet it's been silent since the confirming the build and giving a deposit.

What color(s) are you interested in?
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2015, 08:48 PM   #8
UrbanExtant
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luca42 View Post
Thanks for the information, Urban. Where did you get this?

I'm wondering (as I mentioned in another thread), that I placed my order a few weeks ago but had not heard about my build. I'm doing an Individual build (exterior and interior) and I wonder if this is the hold up. When I first started the process, the CA said she placed a call to the corporate offices and that corporate had "approved" my individual build. Yet it's been silent since the confirming the build and giving a deposit.

What color(s) are you interested in?
The info, and the PDF document about individual orders, came from my client advisor. The color combination we inquired about for an X6 M was Sakhir Orange with Platinum full merino leather interior.

What color combination did you get an individual order approved for?
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2015, 09:19 PM   #9
Luca42
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
The info, and the PDF document about individual orders, came from my client advisor. The color combination we inquired about for an X6 M was Sakhir Orange with Platinum full merino leather interior.

What color combination did you get an individual order approved for?
Thanks Urban. I just wondered because it did not have a date stamp. I've seen other versions of that document on the internet.
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2015, 09:41 PM   #10
WVUDrJay
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4

Maria.Martine@bmwna.com

This lady is in charge of all U.S. Special orders. She's been very helpful answering my questions.

No frozen paints in Spartanburg. And no special orders outside of the individual options listed. As per her email a month ago.
      09-06-2015, 09:45 PM   #11
WVUDrJay
Captain
Rep

From her directly.

"My colleagues at BMW Individual forwarded your e-mail to me as I manage all special order vehicles in the U. S. Market.

Unfortunately, Plant Spartanburg does not offer special orders on their vehicles because they do not have the capabilities of doing so."
      09-06-2015, 10:07 PM   #12
Luca42
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVUDrJay View Post
Maria.Martine@bmwna.com

This lady is in charge of all U.S. Special orders. She's been very helpful answering my questions.

No frozen paints in Spartanburg. And no special orders outside of the individual options listed. As per her email a month ago.
What were you trying to order? Frozen paint only or something more?
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2015, 10:13 PM   #13
WVUDrJay
Captain
Rep

Was trying to get a blue exterior and the dash and steering wheel in a matching leather to interior.