BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

02-26-2016, 03:11 AM   #1
IFlyEm
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 50i

Trailer Harness / Invisihitch

Ok, so I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong here. I've checked and rechecked everything in my install and everything looks to be done correctly. However, I cannot get my connection to test. With one tester I can get the left turn, right turn lights to test with a 4 pin tester through the adapter. However, i can only get the car to recognize a trailer is "connected" periodically (I'm only using the tester. I have been able to try an actual trailer yet). And when it does recognize it the vehicle says the trailer marker lights and license plate light are inop. But most of the time it doesn't recognize it. With the 7 pin tester all I get is rapid flashing of the RT and LT lights. Has anyone experienced this? Is it a tester issue? I've tried 2 and both seem to be the same.

Ideas?

Appreciate 0
      02-26-2016, 01:14 PM   #2
IFlyEm
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 50i

Picked up my trailer today. Everything works (turn signals and brakes) except the marker lights. The car is detecting the trailer is connected because I'm getting the notice that the marker lights are out.

Last edited by IFlyEm; 02-26-2016 at 01:46 PM..
Appreciate 0