06-14-2018, 11:15 PM   #1
Mgarage
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: Black Sapphire M4, X6M

considering an X6 M new or pre owned?

hello guys,

I need your advice, I'm about to pull the trigger and buy an X6 M 2017 LLB/Aragon brown interior (new), this one will be my first 'SUV M ' ,I have currently an m4 manual, but I need your help to decide..

any major problems ? what is like to live with an X6M pros and cons?

should I do it new? the dealer has a couple of pre owned but im not sure about it..

your advice will help me to take my decision.

thanks in advance..
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2018, 06:45 AM   #2
onfireX5
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: F90M5,F85X5M

X5M here, your cousin. Best daily driver I’ve ever owned. Zero issues in 2.5 years and 26,000 miles. New or preowned is a personal choice. I only buy new. Good luck !
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2018, 07:00 AM   #3
cmyx6go
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 X6///M Comp

Garage List
2019 X6 ///M  [10.00]
I'm with onfire. Just sign those papers and go drive. I'm on my 3rd X6, 2nd X6M. I love it. Unless money is the reason, I'd get new. I haven't had any issue with the Ms. Just normal maintenance. I lease so I don't have for extended time periods though so I can't talk long term ownership.

Enjoy!
Appreciate 1
Mgarage66.50
      06-15-2018, 10:17 AM   #4
pachieh
Captain
Rep
Drives: '17 X5M

I'm at 12k on my X5M, zero issues. It all depends on if you want brand brand new, or one with very low miles where you don't pay the depreciation right out of the gate. If you go for "used," make sure it's either CPO'd from the dealer or has gone through a thorough PPI.

I bought mine for $93k with only 4k miles on it. Again, zero issues beyond regular maintenance.
Appreciate 1
Mgarage66.50
      06-15-2018, 02:51 PM   #5
Jess///M
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 X6M

I agree with all of these comments. I have almost 20k on my 2016 X6M and no issues. I had a 2012 x6m for 5 years and this one is better in every way. I don’t think you’ll be disappointed (or miss the M4). I would double check service and claims records on the car you’re contemplating as you can never be too sure.
Appreciate 1
Mgarage66.50
      06-16-2018, 07:52 AM   #6
Mgarage
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

thank you guys for your input is great appreciated!!

I really love either the x5m or x6m, the LBB x6m the salesman don't want to negotiate more then 1k so makes me want to wait and see.

So I went to see another dealer to a different city because they have one X5M 2018 black carbon/amaro brown but without B & O sound system (which is a must for me), well is a used one in-service-date is 2017-dec-17, has 8k miles but the trunk needs a repair seems like someone backed up into the car and hit the Bmw logo in the trunk so it has a big dent, other than that a couple of scratches ad the interior is a bit dirty they haven't clean it yet, so I can tell the owner was rough with this car which make me think it probably abused that v8 engine, the big thing here is that the car has 30k difference versus a brand new one, the combo colour honestly is amazing, looks superbly!!!

what do you guys think about this deal?
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2018, 11:38 AM   #7
pachieh
Captain
Rep
Drives: '17 X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by eduardo10 View Post

I really love either the x5m or x6m, the LBB x6m the salesman don't want to negotiate more then 1k so makes me want to wait and see.

So I went to see another dealer to a different city because they have one X5M 2018 black carbon/amaro brown but without B & O sound system (which is a must for me), well is a used one in-service-date is 2017-dec-17, has 8k miles but the trunk needs a repair seems like someone backed up into the car and hit the Bmw logo in the trunk so it has a big dent, other than that a couple of scratches ad the interior is a bit dirty they haven't clean it yet, so I can tell the owner was rough with this car which make me think it probably abused that v8 engine, the big thing here is that the car has 30k difference versus a brand new one, the combo colour honestly is amazing, looks superbly!!!

Get a CarFax, talk to the dealer ( BMW?) because they should have fixed that rear tailgate issue already. I'm actually surprised they haven't since it's for sale.

If all service intervals have been adhered to, I bet you the engine is fine. The engine is meant to be driven hard.
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2018, 07:20 PM   #8
Mgarage
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by pachieh View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by eduardo10 View Post

Get a CarFax, talk to the dealer ( BMW?) because they should have fixed that rear tailgate issue already. I'm actually surprised they haven't since it's for sale.

If all service intervals have been adhered to, I bet you the engine is fine. The engine is meant to be driven hard.
Yeah im very surprised they didn't fixed yet! But i beleive is because they just got it as i mentioned you can see the interior it was pretty dirty, but overall looks great except for that tailgate!!!

I got the carfax is all clean no accidents at all just that, i beleive is not a deal breaker since is 30k cheaper then a brand new one!!

Combo color is lovely!

The question here should i put some money down to secure the car with a condition of the result after the repair ???? Or just wait and see it after !