BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

09-14-2017, 01:27 PM   #23
ramforinkas
Rep
Drives: '15 x5 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuSh View Post
Hard to say, because i guess you are never going to know how exactly it was used (unless you have a way to find out what business it was in). If it was a rental - then I would stay away. If it was a fleet car in a reputable business - let's say a law firm or real estate firm - in that case, why not. Realistically speaking - what can get abused even if it was a rental? Transmission, brakes and engine. Brakes are no issue. Engine and transmission probably is an issue if they were abused and floored WOT by every driver, but then again it's 35i - who is going to WOT that thing
I agree. I asked and they aren't sure. From the carfax they bought it at Auction so it could go either way. They said if I were to drive over tomorrow and purchase they would take an additional 500 off, for purchase price of 36k. I think im leaning towards the blue one being 3k less and 8 months more warranty.. just can't decide!
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2017, 03:30 PM   #24
DuSh
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F15 X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramforinkas View Post
I agree. I asked and they aren't sure. From the carfax they bought it at Auction so it could go either way. They said if I were to drive over tomorrow and purchase they would take an additional 500 off, for purchase price of 36k. I think im leaning towards the blue one being 3k less and 8 months more warranty.. just can't decide!
Ideally - you should test drive both and go with the one you'll like better after test drive, but it's easy for me to say. I remember when I was buying x5 I was exhausted after 1 week and just wanted to get over with it
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2017, 03:33 PM   #25
Habs11
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 35i

You will enjoy both.

I got my used X5 a few months ago - I worries just like you that I was or was not getting exactly what I wanted. You can even dig out my old thread.

Forget about those cars for 30 minutes and write down what features you really need to have and at what price point you would pay. IMO a base X5 comes fairly loaded and I didn't need a lot of extras but there were a couple (and a certain color) I did need.

YOU need to drive what you want - don't let these two cars force you into something. Used X5s are a commodity - if you don't find what you want in another 60 days or so you will.
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2017, 08:43 PM   #26
ramforinkas
Rep
Drives: '15 x5 35i

I've decided on the blue one. Price is great, and has the 2 packages I really wanted, HUD and climate package, and I like the blue more than the black.

Driving up tomorrow to pick it up! Thank you all for your suggests/opinions!
Appreciate 1
DuSh2113.50