BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

03-08-2015, 11:01 AM   #1233
wwanthony
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 XDrive 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by opasha View Post
For anyone who loses their OFFICE menu in your iDrive, go to HU_NBT / MACRO_PIM / make sure it is set to aktiv. @abhiku's for some reason got deactivated (not sure what happened or how), but it needs to be aktiv for the OFFICE menu to show.

If for some reason, your OFFICE is having issues, make sure all the ones below are set to AKTIV - this will give you the full functionality to make your OFFICE (6NS) to work correctly:

EMAIL_EIN_AUS
SMS_EIN_AUS
CONTACTS_EIN_AUS
CALENDAR_EIN_AUS
TEXT_NOTES_EIN_AUS
AUDIO_NOTES_EIN_AUS
REMINDER_EIN_AUS
TASK_EIN_AUS
PIM_BILDER_EIN_AUS
REMINDER_TRIGGERS_EIN_AUS
MACRO_PIM
Omar. Thanks, I will double check all of these.
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2015, 03:20 PM   #1234
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwanthony View Post
Omar. Thanks, I will double check all of these.
No problem .
      03-09-2015, 03:27 AM   #1235
oshevtsov
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep
Drives: E90/E60/F10/F15/F16/F32/G11

Looking for CAFD_000017BE_005_028_213 (BDC_BODY on F16)

E-sys cannot find CAFD_000017BE_005_028_213 when trying to read coding data from BDC-BODY (the car is F16 m50d). I have looked through CAF folder in psdzdata versions 54 and 55 - there is no such file.

Has anyone come across this? Any help will be much appreciated.
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2015, 03:38 AM   #1236
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by oshevtsov View Post
E-sys cannot find CAFD_000017BE_005_028_213 when trying to read coding data from BDC-BODY (the car is F16 m50d). I have looked through CAF folder in psdzdata versions 54 and 55 - there is no such file.

Has anyone come across this? Any help will be much appreciated.
What is your current I-level? If you're on 55.0, you're out of luck.
      03-09-2015, 04:15 AM   #1237
oshevtsov
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
What is your current I-level? If you're on 55.0, you're out of luck.
My i-step is F025-14-11-506 (current, last and shipment). I have been browsing for quite a while, but failed to understand how it corresponds to i-level though....
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2015, 04:22 AM   #1238
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
My i-step is F025-14-11-506 (current, last and shipment). I have been browsing for quite a while, but failed to understand how it corresponds to i-level though....
From what I can tell, your software might be too updated, so you will most likely be out of luck for coding certain ECUs.

What is your current PSdZData file that you downloaded?

Last edited by opasha; 03-09-2015 at 04:30 AM..
Appreciate 1
      03-09-2015, 04:31 AM   #1239
oshevtsov
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
From what I can tell, your software might be too updated, so you will most likely be out of luck for coding certain ECUs.

Thanks, opasha. I do have TV, but internet connection is too slow at my current location. I will PM in around 5 hours from now and check if you are available then.

In the meanwhile, do you know if there is a way to decrease Lane Departure Warning activation speed (I understand it is 70 km/h by default)? I have successfully coded "ICM 3000 C_ZSW_Aktivierunggeschwindigkeit_Funktion_low", but it is for Active Blind Spot.
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2015, 04:36 AM   #1240
oshevtsov
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep

Quote:

I have 51.3, 54.1 and 55, and tried all three. 55 is unusable because of empty CAFD files, but everything went well with 54.1 (ICM, ACSM, HU_NBT, IHKA_2), except for BDC_BODY (which I only need for TCM_MSA_DEFAULT_OFF)
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2015, 04:45 AM   #1241
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
I have 51.3, 54.1 and 55, and tried all three. 55 is unusable because of empty CAFD files, but everything went well with 54.1 (ICM, ACSM, HU_NBT, IHKA_2), except for BDC_BODY (which I only need for TCM_MSA_DEFAULT_OFF)
Ok, I'm going to send you a file. Try it and let me know if it works. You may just have a corrupted file. You must drag and drop this file into C:\Data\psdzdata\swe\cafd on your computer.

Here you go: https://copy.com/TUUtK6Yx4o9Bqv77. After you place it in the correct location. Open ESYS and try reading coding data again.

Also, in regards to your LDW coding speed. We do not know the information regarding this. All I do know from my reading and research is that the code for this and all other related codes dealing with Lane Departure Warning is located in Kafas2 under TLC Coding and TLC Warning Parameters. Also, there is TLC Actuator section as well referring to when your steering wheel vibrates with regards to lane departure settings etc. You can read and educate yourself further on all Lane Departure information and coding here if you like : http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...23#post8732123.

Last edited by opasha; 03-09-2015 at 05:09 AM..
Appreciate 1
      03-09-2015, 07:31 AM   #1242
oshevtsov
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Ok, I'm going to send you a file. Try it and let me know if it works. You may just have a corrupted file. You must drag and drop this file into C:\Data\psdzdata\swe\cafd on your computer.

Here you go: https://copy.com/TUUtK6Yx4o9Bqv77. After you place it in the correct location. Open ESYS and try reading coding data again.

Also, in regards to your LDW coding speed. We do not know the information regarding this. All I do know from my reading and research is that the code for this and all other related codes dealing with Lane Departure Warning is located in Kafas2 under TLC Coding and TLC Warning Parameters. Also, there is TLC Actuator section as well referring to when your steering wheel vibrates with regards to lane departure settings etc. You can read and educate yourself further on all Lane Departure information and coding here if you like : http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...23#post8732123.
Tried the CAFD you sent (170 in the end) - it still keeps asking for CAFD_000017BE_005_028_213. I also tried to rename it into _213 in the end, did not work either.

Thanks for your help, opasha. Will now be exploring KAFAS2 for LDW tweaks.
Appreciate 1
      03-11-2015, 03:22 AM   #1243
Mannimans
Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: F16 X6 50i, E92 M3, E93 M3

hey guys has anyone found a code for bmw apps in motion, or internet in motion?

basically want to turn off anything that is in motion!
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2015, 11:50 AM   #1244
wwanthony
Private First Class
Rep

Can we code Sport+ into an 2015 xline F15? I think I tried it. I have Sport, but no Sport+.
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2015, 04:09 PM   #1245
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannimans View Post
hey guys has anyone found a code for bmw apps in motion, or internet in motion?

basically want to turn off anything that is in motion!
Nope, at least not in the F025 target infrastructure yet.
Quote:
Can we code Sport+ into an 2015 xline F15? I think I tried it. I have Sport, but no Sport+.
Yes and no. Everything to allow it to show up is there, except one main code to enable it, which is missing in the ICM ecu: ICMKOD_B_SPORTLENKUNG. However, coding 2TB into your FA and VO Coding BDC_Body gives you SAT and LC...you just need to turn off DSC, put the shifter left into M and you will be in sport + mode anyway.
      03-11-2015, 04:44 PM   #1246
wwanthony
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Yes and no. Everything to allow it to show up is there, except one main code to enable it, which is missing in the ICM ecu: ICMKOD_B_SPORTLENKUNG. However, coding 2TB into your FA and VO Coding BDC_Body gives you SAT and LC...you just need to turn off DSC, put the shifter left into M and you will be in sport + mode anyway.
Thanks Omar. That is where I noticed the problem yesterday. I could not find ICMKOD_B_SPORTLENKUNG. I noticed this in a post of yours earlier in this thread, but also noticed it was not in the cheat sheet. I am going to VO code 2TB and see what's up.
Appreciate 1
      03-11-2015, 04:49 PM   #1247
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Thanks Omar. That is where I noticed the problem yesterday. I could not find ICMKOD_B_SPORTLENKUNG. I noticed this in a post of yours earlier in this thread, but also noticed it was not in the cheat sheet. I am going to VO code 2TB and see what's up.
After you do that and want to test Launch Control as well, follow these instructions to the T: http://f15.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho...postcount=1207
      03-11-2015, 09:01 PM   #1248
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep

Ok, so I just saw today that my car (through adding 2TB and VO Coding BDC_Body, Kombi, and something else) has Sport + mode and it works the way it should. I have an X-Line with stock suspension. That little icon you see lit at the top is DSC off (this happens automatically with Sport + mode). So here is proof:

I don't know which other folder or if it is only Kombi besides BDC_Body that enabled Sport+ mode when adding 2TB to the FA. Remember my brake light issue everyone? Because of that I VO Coded EVERYTHING except DME - so I must have coded something right. Before, when I added 2TB to the FA, I only VO Coded BDC_Body (this is the only ECU needed to allow the paddle shifters to work if you have a M Sport Steering Wheel). So, either it's just Kombi that needs to be VO Coded or perhaps EGS or ICM as well. If you would like to test this, feel free and let me know your results.
      03-11-2015, 09:38 PM   #1249
wwanthony
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Ok, so I just saw today that my car (through adding 2TB and VO Coding BDC_Body, Kombi, and something else) has Sport + mode and it works the way it should. I have an X-Line with stock suspension. That little icon you see lit at the top is DSC off (this happens automatically with Sport + mode). So here is proof:

I don't know which other folder or if it is only Kombi besides BDC_Body that enabled Sport+ mode when adding 2TB to the FA. Remember my brake light issue everyone? Because of that I VO Coded EVERYTHING except DME - so I must have coded something right. Before, when I added 2TB to the FA, I only VO Coded BDC_Body (this is the only ECU needed to allow the paddle shifters to work if you have a M Sport Steering Wheel). So, either it's just Kombi that needs to be VO Coded or perhaps EGS or ICM as well. If you would like to test this, feel free and let me know your results.
So Omar, how should I interpret This. Add 2TB to the FA...it get that. I did that and nothing changed. What steps would you recommend to try to reproduce what you are seeing. And it may be different from an x50i to an x35i...but I can try it out in the morning.

BTW: I am not sure if I every want to see if Launch Control works....how is your neck doing....lol.
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2015, 09:43 PM   #1250
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
So Omar, how should I interpret This. Add 2TB to the FA...it get that. I did that and nothing changed. What steps would you recommend to try to reproduce what you are seeing. And it may be different from an x50i to an x35i...but I can try it out in the morning.

BTW: I am not sure if I every want to see if Launch Control works....how is your neck doing....lol.
Make sure you VO Code the right folders (that information is explained on the last part of the PDF and my video) after you make changes to your FA. Simply adding or deleting anything in your FA does nothing without VO Coding the appropriate folders. So, this is what you want to do.

VO Code BDC_Body (right click the whole folder and select CODE). Do the same for Kombi. Then, check your Kombi (instrument cluster) as you scroll up from Comfort to Sport and then Sport + (if it is already visible). If it is not, then proceed by VO Coding ICM. Then check again to see if Sport + is enabled. If it is still not, then VO Code EGS. If it is still not there, let me know and I'll go through it with you to see which folder is needed to be VO Coded.

We don't need to use Launch Control (I myself don't really find it necessary since my car is fast enough, and I have not used Launch Control yet), but it is a byproduct of having SAT added.
      03-11-2015, 10:03 PM   #1251
wwanthony
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Make sure you VO Code the right folders (that information is explained on the last part of the PDF and my video) after you make changes to your FA. Simply adding or deleting anything in your FA does nothing without VO Coding the appropriate folders. So, this is what you want to do.

VO Code BDC_Body (right click the whole folder and select CODE). Do the same for Kombi. Then, check your Kombi (instrument cluster) as you scroll up from Comfort to Sport and then Sport + (if it is already visible). If it is not, then proceed by VO Coding ICM. Then check again to see if Sport + is enabled. If it is still not, then VO Code EGS. If it is still not there, let me know and I'll go through it with you to see which folder is needed to be VO Coded.

We don't need to use Launch Control (I myself don't really find it necessary since my car is fast enough, and I have not used Launch Control yet), but it is a byproduct of having SAT added.
Got it. I don't think I have ever VO coded at that level...interesting. I thought that any coding below the FA (2TB, 6NS, etc) was FDL coding. Interesting.....thx.
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2015, 10:08 PM   #1252
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Got it. I don't think I have ever VO coded at that level...interesting. I thought that any coding below the FA (2TB, 6NS, etc) was FDL coding. Interesting.....thx.
VO Coding is what resets all your codes back to original factory format. This is what the dealerships do when they update your software. ISTA/P VO Codes your ECUs. This allows everything to "sync" properly with each other or in other words refresh for changes to take effect. Kind of like when you change something big in windows or mac that requires a reboot. Also, FDL coding is only specific coding in detail - all the cheat sheet codes.
      03-11-2015, 10:18 PM   #1253
wwanthony
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
VO Coding is what resets all your codes back to original factory format. This is what the dealerships do when they update your software. ISTA/P VO Codes your ECUs. This allows everything to "sync" properly with each other or in other words refresh for changes to take effect. Kind of like when you change something big in windows or mac that requires a reboot. Also, FDL coding is only specific coding in detail - all the cheat sheet codes.
Makes sense, I just did not know you could reset the entire KOMBI (for example) by right clicking at the top level and thus resetting (coding) the entire subordinate parameter set back to the factory defaults. Good to know.

Obviously, one would then have to reapply all the KOMBI FDL modifications.....and thus the statements (coding instructions) in the initial post.

Thanks.

Last edited by wwanthony; 03-12-2015 at 09:10 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2015, 01:14 PM   #1254
wwanthony
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:

Omar, Thanks. This worked. First was to add 2TB. Then VO coding BDC_Body and Kombi. Sport+ appeared. I did not have to VO code ICM.

When I VO coded BDC_Body, Sport+ appeared in the instrument panel, but was not selectable. After VO coding Kombi, I could select it.
Appreciate 1