03-23-2019, 07:28 AM   #45
droptopwop
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2004 x5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviator_JPN View Post
Hi,

I'm thinking to own X5 35D instead of leasing for long period of times (10yrs or so). Since I've never owned BMW or German cars, I have no idea what kind of maintenance cost I expect after 4 years. Or it's not good idea to own German cars for that long period(10yrs)? How many years do people usually keep their X5 or other German SUVs?

Any input appreciated!!

Thanks!
I bought a used 2004 x5 4.4 the truck as been amazing wish there was more power but all around best suv ive owned I had a 04 e46 with tones of issues that could never get solved but this truck gave me faith in bmw keep up with what needs to be replaced and do not I repeat do not cheap out on electrical parts or any parts at that your truck with thank you
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2019, 05:06 PM   #46
alphaod
Mmmmm…
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by droptopwop View Post
I bought a used 2004 x5 4.4 the truck as been amazing wish there was more power but all around best suv ive owned I had a 04 e46 with tones of issues that could never get solved but this truck gave me faith in bmw keep up with what needs to be replaced and do not I repeat do not cheap out on electrical parts or any parts at that your truck with thank you
I drove a 2001 E53 4.4i with the sports package, bought new, same M62 motor as yours... no real problems with regular maintenance (oil and filter changes every 5k miles, spark plugs and transmission fluids every 50k, brakes and tires every 40k) at 130k only needed new bushings and some suspension work done. Really solid first try in the SUV space for BMW, great handling and pretty good performance for what was available at the time.

Unfortunately for today's world, that motor is from the 90s so it has less power than many of the turbocharged 4-bangers out there today.
      03-23-2019, 06:12 PM   #47
MrJayhawk85
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviator_JPN View Post
Thanks. 30days makes sense from business standpoint. For me, I will benefit this not from this purchase but from future purchases!
Update on how long you have to be a member. According to enrollment info if you join for 3 years or more you are eligible for rebate immediately with no wait.
Appreciate 0