BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

11-28-2014, 08:41 PM   #1
bronch
Waiting for the sun
Rep
Drives: 2018 M240ix

New X5 dilemma

I was curious if anyone has been in this situation as I don't want to double-pay for essentially having the same vehicle. I leased my '12 35d and the lease is up the end of January. At the recommendation of my CA, I ordered my new 35i the 2nd week of October since he said it would take 8 or more weeks to arrive for some reason. Well, it arrived at the dealer yesterday and BMW doesn't have any "lease pull forward" deals currently. So, I guess my options are to have them store it for 6 weeks+ or give them my last 2 lease payments on my current X5. Which I won't do. I realize that they should not do this, but nonetheless, If I store it there I'm worried that the 16yo car wash kid will drive it or they'll let someone test drive it if I don't pick it up. Thoughts?
2018 M240ix- Daily driver. Still Woohoo!
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2014, 09:00 PM   #2
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronch View Post
I was curious if anyone has been in this situation as I don't want to double-pay for essentially having the same vehicle. I leased my '12 35d and the lease is up the end of January. At the recommendation of my CA, I ordered my new 35i the 2nd week of October since he said it would take 8 or more weeks to arrive for some reason. Well, it arrived at the dealer yesterday and BMW doesn't have any "lease pull forward" deals currently. So, I guess my options are to have them store it for 6 weeks+ or give them my last 2 lease payments on my current X5. Which I won't do. I realize that they should not do this, but nonetheless, If I store it there I'm worried that the 16yo car wash kid will drive it or they'll let someone test drive it if I don't pick it up. Thoughts?
Some BMW dealers are actually quite nit picky lately on the F15 and F16s. They don't let anyone even inside them if they are paid for and taken. This happened to me at one dealership where they decided to put a customer's car on showcase but would not let anyone near it. So, you might be in good hands if your good with your dealership. If I were you, take pictures of it when it arrives to put your mind at ease for any damages or anything like that - this will all have to be taken care of if anything is even the slightest bit off. Not sure what else you could do, but I know many members here will chime in soon with better ideas . Congrats on the new X5!
      11-28-2014, 09:07 PM   #3
bronch
Waiting for the sun
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by opasha View Post
... Congrats on the new X5!
Thank you, we're very excited. Of course, she's just excited about the ceramic controls, lol. I'm going to look at it tomorrow. Good idea regarding photos and of course will do photos of the odo too. It's a new CA to me since my last one for all my other BMWs retired. He assured me, no one would drive it, I guess I just expect the worst. It's also that much more difficult to know it's sitting there 5 miles away for the next 6 weeks. I was hoping the dealer would offer a lease payment too.
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2014, 09:12 PM   #4
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Thank you, we're very excited. Of course, she's just excited about the ceramic controls, lol. I'm going to look at it tomorrow. Good idea regarding photos and of course will do photos of the odo too. It's a new CA to me since my last one for all my other BMWs retired. He assured me, no one would drive it, I guess I just expect the worst. It's also that much more difficult to know it's sitting there 5 miles away for the next 6 weeks. I was hoping the dealer would offer a lease payment too.
What exactly are your specs and order like? There are so many members here with great knowledge on good deals and what to get for lease payments. You should post all that to get better help/bargaining power. Trust me.
      11-28-2014, 09:27 PM   #5
bronch
Waiting for the sun
Rep

Quote:
What exactly are your specs and order like? There are so many members here with great knowledge on good deals and what to get for lease payments. You should post all that to get better help/bargaining power. Trust me.
Not leasing, but buying this one. I've also ordered an M5, so got a pretty good deal on both. 35i, did not get any trim, although I had second thoughts on not getting the M trim. I also did not add the ACC stop/go, but since they made the mistake this is gratis. This is essentially my wife's car and I had some, but little effective input and this what she chose:

Black Sapphire Metallic.
Black Dakota leather.
Rear manual side window shades
Comfort seats with lumbar support
Poplar Wood Trim
Ceramic Controls
Harman Kardon surround sound system
Driver Assistance Package
Rear view camera
Head-up Display
Driver Assistance Plus
Active Driving Assistant
ACC Stop & Go + Active Driving Assistant
Active Blind Spot Detection
Surround View
Speed Limit Info
Luxury Seating Package
Front ventilated seats
Multi-contour seats
Premium Package
Comfort Access keyless entry
Satellite radio with 1 year subscription
4-zone automatic climate control
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2014, 09:31 PM   #6
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep

That's a fantastic build - pretty loaded . Very nice and congrats on your M5 - please do post pics of both if you don't mind. I'd love to see them!
      11-28-2014, 09:53 PM   #7
bronch
Waiting for the sun
Rep

Quote:
That's a fantastic build - pretty loaded . Very nice and congrats on your M5 - please do post pics of both if you don't mind. I'd love to see them!
Thank you, appreciated. Will post pics too...
Appreciate 1
      11-29-2014, 08:32 AM   #8
Trojanlaw
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i M

Garage List
2019 BMW X5  [0.00]
Quote:
Not leasing, but buying this one. I've also ordered an M5, so got a pretty good deal on both. 35i, did not get any trim, although I had second thoughts on not getting the M trim. I also did not add the ACC stop/go, but since they made the mistake this is gratis. This is essentially my wife's car and I had some, but little effective input and this what she chose:

Black Sapphire Metallic.
Black Dakota leather.
Rear manual side window shades
Comfort seats with lumbar support
Poplar Wood Trim
Ceramic Controls
Harman Kardon surround sound system
Rear view camera
Head-up Display
Driver Assistance Plus
Active Driving Assistant
ACC Stop & Go + Active Driving Assistant
Active Blind Spot Detection
Surround View
Speed Limit Info
Luxury Seating Package
Front ventilated seats
Multi-contour seats
Premium Package
Comfort Access keyless entry
Satellite radio with 1 year subscription
4-zone automatic climate control
Great build. Would highly recommend the 451 wheels.
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2014, 11:10 AM   #9
senoromar
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2021 X5 40i M-Sport

How is your payoff vs market value on your 2012? Sometimes near the end of a lease I find that i may be around break even or even have some equity. You can get a payoff quote online or via the bmw financial 800 number. As for an estimate of your cars's value, you can get a very rough one from kbb's trade in value.

What i have done in the past is driven over to CarMax for a free quote. They spend about 15 minutes on your car and come back with a price that they will buy it at. You have 7 days to accept and there is no fee or any conditions... You are not obligated to buy one of their cars. If their quote is close to your payoff, then that will let you get out of that lease and into your new F15 much sooner. If there is by some chance some equity, then you get to pocket the difference. If the quote is way too low, then having it stored 'till you are ready is the way to go.

It all depends on the used car market demand for a used diesel. I got a quote once for my Audi Q5 lease and was shocked to get back a price at 5K over payoff! That was when the the small suv craze started and Q5's were in low supply and high demand. Market conditions will ultimately determine how your car is priced.
2011 X5 50i Sport Activity
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2014, 11:26 AM   #10
bronch
Waiting for the sun
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by senoromar View Post
How is your payoff vs market value on your 2012?...
Thanks, I didn't think of that. I'll have to see if there's a Carmax place near me, but the KBB value is a few grand less than my payoff quote. So, doesn't look favorable.
Appreciate 0