BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

10-07-2015, 04:56 PM   #1
taxjoc
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 X5 50i & 2015 Z4 35i

Current BMW incentive on 2016 X5

Hello all. There was a post about this either earlier today or yesterday but for the life of me I can't find it. So, I will start a new post. If you look carefully on the BMW USA website in a footnote there is the following indication for 50i models (and I am fairly certain this is the same for 35i and 35d but I am not sure). It says:

"$1,500 Option Credit available on BMW X5 xDrive50i models. All Credits valid through November 02, 2015."

As I plan to order a 50i soon, this sounds good. But I was not sure what an "option credit" is and whether you had to take delivery by November 2, 2015, or if you just had to order by November 2, 2015. I just spoke to my dealer who advises that this is a credit against the sale price of the X5, not a credit on any particular required options. The dealer also tells me we can lock in the $1,500 "option credit" for up to 60 days after order (don't ask me what "order" means but I assume a signed buyer's order at an agreed upon sale price along with a deposit; in my case the dealer wants a $1,000 refundable deposit). Thus, as I understand this, if I order by Monday, November 2, 2015, and I take delivery by December 31, 2015 (assuming you count November 2nd in the 60 days), I am eligible for the credit. Based on posts by others living in the eastern United States, delivery can be within two to four weeks from the order date. This all assumes, of course, that my dealer has an allocation for a 50i when I am ready to place the order.

Just thought I would pass on this information. Others may have more or contrary information and, if so, please share that information with us.
Appreciate 0