BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

08-02-2015, 05:30 PM   #45
vangoose
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2019 Porsche Cayenne

Update.

For another few weeks, BMW Canada asked to me talk to dealer but dealer said they couldn't replace the car without BMW's authorization, which I think it made sense as dealer wouldn't want to take the loss although they made quite a few mistakes too.

My wife asked the 2 lawyers she worked for to send both BMW Canada and the dealer a letter. Within a week, BMW agreed to swap my car with a 2016 model and allocated an extra slot for September. The dealer only gets 2 allocation for Sept build, 1 35i and 1 50i.

Glad it's over but still very disappointed that it took lawyers to get it resolved. I guess people without legal action will be ignored by them.
Appreciate 1
      08-03-2015, 04:05 AM   #46
1230vani
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G05 40i LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by radarguy View Post
My 2011 F10 X-drive has hydraulic steering and the steering wheel vibrates with lane change and blindspot. I think the 2015 X-drive F10s also have hydraulic steering. My 2015 X5 X-drive has electric steering.
If you order Active Steering with the F15 X5 you still get hydraulic steering. I learned this on this forum. It explained a lot, it does feel better, though AS it feels more heavy and less artificial (even though it is AS). I wonder how the steering feel is with the X5M.
Appreciate 0