BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

02-08-2021, 09:58 AM   #1
Ghostx5m
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW F85 X5M

Chassis Malfunction, Stop vehicle!

Hey everyone,

Question for you guys... I lowered my F85 X5M on the AC schnitzer springs along with the lowering links in the rear. After a month of driving on it, mostly when taking curves, I would get a "Chassis Malfunction" message.
I've also noticed in cold temperatures the error message comes up upon startup of the vehicle.
Any advice?

Thank you!
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2021, 10:31 AM   #2
Blewx5m
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 x5m

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostx5m View Post
Hey everyone,

Question for you guys... I lowered my F85 X5M on the AC schnitzer springs along with the lowering links in the rear. After a month of driving on it, mostly when taking curves, I would get a "Chassis Malfunction" message.
I've also noticed in cold temperatures the error message comes up upon startup of the vehicle.
Any advice?

Thank you!
I'm going through this as we speak esp when it's cold out especially when I make left turns... I also notice I have a tiny leak in the driver side airbag... Im guessing that is the cause.. I will find out tomorrow when it's in the shop
Appreciate 1
      02-08-2021, 07:25 PM   #3
Klienfeld303
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 x5 M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blewx5m View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostx5m View Post
Hey everyone,

Any advice?

Thank you!
I'm going through this as we speak esp when it's cold out especially when I make left turns... I also notice I have a tiny leak in the driver side airbag... Im guessing that is the cause.. I will find out tomorrow when it's in the shop
Happens to me often in cold weather when I'm in bear mountain twists and turns. I usually pull over somewhere safe and turn her off for a few and she resets. It happens also when I switch quickly to m1 mode while I'm driving.

Happens once also when she sat in place for two weeks while inward in Puerto Rico.

Hope this helps. I should change my air bags and check my compressor.
      02-10-2021, 06:18 PM   #4
Blewx5m
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 x5m

Would like to report the chassis malfunction is gone.. It was due to a leak in my driver side airbag.. Hope this helps

*update* the message came back and it can be alot of different things that causes it but for me it was low power steering fluid
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2024, 12:44 PM   #5
///Motivated
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 335i, i3

Bringing this back from the dead. I was also getting the "Chassis Malfunction: Stop Vehicle" warning message. It was generally showing up when it was cold outside. I checked my power steering fluid and it was quite low. Topped it off and it appears all good.
Appreciate 1
x5mMege12.50