BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW X5 and X6 Forum (F15/F16) > BMW X5 (F15) and BMW X6 (F16) Forum > BMW X5M (F85) and X6M (F86) Forum

09-15-2021, 02:35 AM   #1
FiEXHAUST
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 1-8, M and X series

How V8 should sound on X5M F85 / X6M F86 SAVs w/ Valvetronic Fi EXHAUST

What a V8 should really sound like in fabulous SAVs. X5M F85 / X6M F86 w/ Valvetronic Fi EXHAUST.

Fi EXHAUST BMW F85/F86 X5M/X6M product page:
F85 X5M https://bit.ly/3zvk1on
F86 X6M https://bit.ly/3ETZ9bv

In recent years, the sports utility vehicles (SUV) have taken the world by storm, meanwhile BMW has put more thought into it. You can drive it like an off-road car, but they will make you feel like you are in a luxury car; BMW calls it a Sports Activity Vehicle (SAV). The F85/F86 X5M/X6M really pushed the boundaries with that 4.4-liter V8 S63 M power engine to a place where only few can compete.

Fi EXHAUST is the perfect exhaust system option for these two models, for those who want to cruise in comfort and experience sports car resonance also enjoy the Fi EXHAUST signature frequency, all you need is a press of a button.

When valves are closed exhaust gasses are routed through the muffler resulting in a low-profile comfortable drive. When valves are fully open for maximum flow and performance it creates an intense sports car sound with signature Fi EXHAUST frequency. Fi users can regulate a desired sound volume from quiet comfort to sporty aggressive using our standard remote control. In sport mode valves are opened, which improves exhaust gas flow, increases sound volume, and spices up exhaust note.

Fi users can also experience our vibrant exhaust sound on their own terms using our cutting edge Fi Pro Control System. Our sporty 2 button style remote control is lightweight, ergonomic and offers an intuitive way to switch between Street and Race sound profiles. The design is smooth and offers a nice grip, and the aluminum alloy ring can be customized in 14 different colors or switched to forged carbon rings with a unique marble-like texture.

Take the personalization further with our Fi Pro App available both App Store and Google Play. Search “Fi EXHAUST Pro'' to download and monitor real-time valve status with the help of our intuitive and user-friendly interface. Assign Auto Mode preferences based on RPM/Speed/Turbo Boost. When Auto Mode is activated, the system will intelligently open valves depending on the auto mode method and set data units, for example, at 3000RPM.

Fi Pro Control System also addresses the CEL issue after changing to an aftermarket exhaust. On an engine startup Fi users can activate Auto Scan function to instantly scan and delete any CEL related to catalytic converter. This function can be activated on Fi Pro App and is available on selected car models. Manual debugging is also available to remove unwanted CEL related to catalytic converters.

BMW BMW X5M F85 / X6M F86 features:
  • Full valvetronic exhaust system, which includes front pipe, mid X-pipe,
    valvetronic muffler, secondary and primary downpipe.
  • 3 primary downpipe options to regulate exhaust gas flow and sound: Ultra high flow catless, Racing 100 cell downpipe and Sport 200 cell downpipes.
  • Manufactured from a high-grade T304 stainless steel.
  • Expert TIG welding techniques.
  • Weight reduction compared to OEM/Stock exhaust.
  • Street/Race exhaust sound profiles.
  • Rigorously sound tuned exhaust sound frequency.
  • Horsepower increase and low back pressure.
  • Guaranteed bolt-on fitment using precision crafted design.
  • Exhaust tips colors available in 5 colors: silver, titanium blue, diamond black, gold and with carbon fiber.
  • Fi intelligent ECU exhaust valve control valve flaps can be controlled using the Fi Standard Control button.

Available for X5 M F85 / X6 M F86 / Competition models.

Last edited by FiEXHAUST; 08-19-2022 at 04:06 AM..
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2021, 09:33 AM   #2
MiamiFan13
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: i4-e40 335i 03 Cobra,Jeep SRT8

I can't believe mature adults would actually allow for that noise to occur. I expect it from some paperboy in his Civic DX, but on M cars now?? That gunshot crap is obnoxious and lame. I've been runnin V8's with off-road exhausts all my life with a few little pops now and then, but this is childish. Also, it's a black eye to the car enthusiast crowd; nobody likes it.

The truck sounded great under acceleration, but those pops on decel are pathetic.
Appreciate 6
MBoss_F86137.50
musa423.00
KB7120.00
      10-04-2021, 10:13 AM   #3
Blue By You
Major
Rep
Drives: 2017 LBB X5M F85

So funny

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiFan13 View Post
I can't believe mature adults would actually allow for that noise to occur. I expect it from some paperboy in his Civic DX, but on M cars now?? That gunshot crap is obnoxious and lame. I've been runnin V8's with off-road exhausts all my life with a few little pops now and then, but this is childish. Also, it's a black eye to the car enthusiast crowd; nobody likes it.

The truck sounded great under acceleration, but those pops on decel are pathetic.
I completely agree with you! The gunshots are terrible IMO.

Too many people are cheesing out these M cars to the point where they're no longer classy and they don't even look like M cars. They miss the line between exotic and cheesy - some by a large margin. I usually just leave it alone out of politeness.

A more aggressive exhaust note is cool. But that is obnoxious. Plus I have enough trouble keeping a lower profile with this beast, never mind attracting more attention by the police with my exhaust.

The other subtle thing is that a well done car is obvious to an enthusiast, the police, and other people in general. People will treat you more favorably if they think you're more classy and upscale because of the car you drive. In general they will respect you more. Although perhaps a small psychological advantage, it helps when you get pulled over and your car is as classy as you! (Doesn't make my decision, but it's nice to have when the officer is deciding to let me go, give me a warning, or write me up for everything he can...)
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2021, 11:29 AM   #4
Yuille36
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X5M, BMW M3, MB E63 AMG

Garage List
2015 BMW X5M  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue By You View Post
Quote:

I completely agree with you! The gunshots are terrible IMO.

Too many people are cheesing out these M cars to the point where they're no longer classy and they don't even look like M cars. They miss the line between exotic and cheesy - some by a large margin. I usually just leave it alone out of politeness.

A more aggressive exhaust note is cool. But that is obnoxious. Plus I have enough trouble keeping a lower profile with this beast, never mind attracting more attention by the police with my exhaust.

The other subtle thing is that a well done car is obvious to an enthusiast, the police, and other people in general. People will treat you more favorably if they think you're more classy and upscale because of the car you drive. In general they will respect you more. Although perhaps a small psychological advantage, it helps when you get pulled over and your car is as classy as you! (Doesn't make my decision, but it's nice to have when the officer is deciding to let me go, give me a warning, or write me up for everything he can...)
This video doesn't make sense to me, having a car exhaust fart and bang like that. I can understand having more bass or rumble in the exhaust note, but this is ridiculous. Something these young people would do.
      10-04-2021, 06:10 PM   #5
Chilled
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: F85 X5M

That is awful.

BTW,

What are those headlights, they don't look OEM. Liking the hexagon style.
Appreciate 1
      10-04-2021, 06:11 PM   #6
TheVazha
Major
Rep
Drives: X5Mmmkay.

Quote:

You're not alone. The people who have this lame mod hate it too. I get it, it's a passion mod thing. But man, I saw this poor guy in an M4 on the free way with this mod in stop and go traffic. Literally the look on his face was that of embarrassment, annoyance, and frustration.

I'm not old, and in not young. I love seeing cool mods, even spinners and weird stuff. This however is a disaster.

OP, the exhaust sounds AMAZING, I think it's just the tune that ruins the presentation.
      10-04-2021, 06:49 PM   #7
Garcia_f24
Private
Rep
Drives: Range Rover SVR — X5M (

Couldnt be happier with my Fi exhaust and BM stage 2 tune, the amount of people that give me thumbs up or just straight up comes up to me to tell me it sounds amazing is far greater than the number of people who dislike the sound. to each their own!
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2021, 07:52 PM   #8
Blue By You
Major
Rep
Drives: 2017 LBB X5M F85

Indeed, to each his own...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garcia_f24 View Post
Couldnt be happier with my Fi exhaust and BM stage 2 tune, the amount of people that give me thumbs up or just straight up comes up to me to tell me it sounds amazing is far greater than the number of people who dislike the sound. to each their own!
I agree with you and I'm happy that you love your mods.

But seriously, would people really come up to you and actually tell you that they dislike the sound? Do you think that's really a thing that most people would do? Or do you think that most people who dislike the sound keep their thoughts to themselves?

Doesn't really matter. Your comment was just funny to me. As if you'd know how many people dislike the sound...

In the words of Joe Biden, "Come on, man!"
Appreciate 1
      10-05-2021, 12:09 AM   #9
EuroCarFan
Captain
Rep
Drives: E60 M5, F85 X5M

Quote:
Do you have the "AK47" setting on your exhaust? I'm confused if the module that comes with it actually has the option to do that intense burble or if that car in the vid has a tune that enabled aggressive burble?

I've heard the FI exhaust on a friend's X5M and it sounded great but that's without the burble. I agree with the others, that sound is extremely annoying and does not fit the profile of this car. It's actually annoying on any car and maybe the cops should place a higher fine on anyone with that "mod".
Appreciate 3
      10-05-2021, 02:50 AM   #10
Chilled
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: F85 X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by EuroCarFan View Post
Do you have the "AK47" setting on your exhaust?.
I like that, but i thought it was "Please pay attention to me, I'm a special little guy with personality and penis size of a drywall" setting.
Appreciate 3
      10-05-2021, 02:00 PM   #11
EuroCarFan
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilled View Post
I like that, but i thought it was "Please pay attention to me, I'm a special little guy with personality and penis size of a drywall" setting.
HA! I didn't make up the AK47 name. It's noted in the YouTube vid.
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2021, 08:08 PM   #12
Garcia_f24
Private
Rep
Drives: Range Rover SVR — X5M (

Quote:
Originally Posted by EuroCarFan View Post
Do you have the "AK47" setting on your exhaust? I'm confused if the module that comes with it actually has the option to do that intense burble or if that car in the vid has a tune that enabled aggressive burble?

I've heard the FI exhaust on a friend's X5M and it sounded great but that's without the burble. I agree with the others, that sound is extremely annoying and does not fit the profile of this car. It's actually annoying on any car and maybe the cops should place a higher fine on anyone with that "mod".
lol, no such button exist. the exhaust does come with a remote control to close the flaps, which makes the car super quiet. Personally I always have the flaps open, but only have the transmission setting at 2/3, so it still has the burbles and some pops during decel/shifting. not as aggressive as in the video, but still loud enough.
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2021, 08:31 PM   #13
musa
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: F86, E92, E53, E39.

What a V8 should really sound like in fabulous SAVs.????????????

More like what a V8 from a Mad Max world sounds like.
Appreciate 2
      10-06-2021, 08:48 PM   #14
EuroCarFan
Captain
Rep

Quote:
lol, no such button exist. the exhaust does come with a remote control to close the flaps, which makes the car super quiet. Personally I always have the flaps open, but only have the transmission setting at 2/3, so it still has the burbles and some pops during decel/shifting. not as aggressive as in the video, but still loud enough.
Gotcha. So I think clarification should be made from the OP that the vid is probably not indicative of the exhaust alone but probably due to a tune on that car which enabled that very aggressive burble.
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2021, 12:09 AM   #15
redbeast
redbeast
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X6M

Garage List
2019 BMW X6M  [10.00]
Oh wow, those pops are freaking horrible. This is coming from a previous Grand Cherokee hemi SRT owner with a Meisterschaft exhaust that did make a couple deceleration deep pops which made me known as the 'Cracklin Jeep', but the vid is ridiculous. I want my vehicle to take on the "Man, that's a mean sounding BMW", not "Oh, sh@t, run for cover, someone's shooting!"
Appreciate 1
      10-13-2021, 09:49 PM   #16
FiEXHAUST
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Appreciate 2
      10-14-2021, 12:00 PM   #17
EuroCarFan
Captain
Rep

Much better but it's an F85, not F95.
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2022, 03:55 AM   #18
FiEXHAUST
Second Lieutenant
Rep

F85 X5M fitted with Fi EHXAUST valvetronic performance catback system.

Fill out a contact us form on our website to speak with our regional sales rep about product options and pricing.

Contact Us:

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/WMEtXq2RdoM
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2022, 09:32 PM   #19
Housekeeping
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW M5

Yuck
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2022, 08:30 PM   #20
TheVazha
Major
Rep
Drives: X5Mmmkay.

Quite literally the most obnoxious mod ever developed. Congratulations, you've figured out how to absolutely destroy a perfectly good car.
      08-26-2022, 12:29 AM   #21
X5m_N3VR_L8T
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW X5m

I love how there’s so so so much hate on this exhaust. I’ve had it on my X5m for 2+ years, and absolutely love it. It doesn’t have to pop crackle and pop pop all the time. When you’re on it romping hard there’s nothing better sounding, believe me. I own four sick a$$ toys… this one sounds the best! If you own one you’d know you can start in 2nd gear click up a couple gears and it’s not bad at all, the deep deep note is unreal when you’re just cruising as well!!
Appreciate 1
FiEXHAUST196.50
      08-26-2022, 05:44 AM   #22
jcm3
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F85 X5M, 07 911 TT

I dont think there is hate on the exhaust vs hate on the burble tune. I personally have heard this exhaust and it sounds good and its well made. But i hate these excessive burble tunes on any car.
Appreciate 5
jab23223.50
9vapors651.50