BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW X5 and X6 Forum (F15/F16) > BMW X5 (F15) and BMW X6 (F16) Forum > BMW X5 and X6 (F15/F16) Forum

01-19-2016, 04:05 PM   #1
kalW
Rep
Drives: 2016 X5 35d

MyBMW Canada down (1+ months now) - anything of interest?

Is there anything of interest to the MyBMW Canada tool?

It's here: http://www.bmw.ca/en/topics/owners/owners/myBMW.html

Reason I ask is that registration hasn't worked correctly for about a month now (tried 3-4 times) and BMW Canada is aware, indicating that their IT department is "working on it".

Does it let you enter your production number and track your order like the US site? (That's really the only reason I was interested in the first place).

Cheers,

Kal
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2016, 06:33 PM   #2
X54TH
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i M Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalW View Post
Is there anything of interest to the MyBMW Canada tool?

It's here: http://www.bmw.ca/en/topics/owners/owners/myBMW.html

Reason I ask is that registration hasn't worked correctly for about a month now (tried 3-4 times) and BMW Canada is aware, indicating that their IT department is "working on it".

Does it let you enter your production number and track your order like the US site? (That's really the only reason I was interested in the first place).

Cheers,

Kal
Unfortunately our Canadian site will only provide details of all your vehicles (VIN's) you've entered. So in our case we have 3 BMW's as well as a previous X5. For each car it shows me an image of the vehicle as well I can see the entire build list of all past and present BMW's. I like it because it's the one place I can go back to get those details.
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2016, 06:35 PM   #3
barcelona
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: X

Kal,
Maybe the login issue is initial registration. My 2 accounts have access, so nothing down is for me. No it does not track the production status of your new build. It is useful for timely recalls, as I never received mail notification. It informs you of extended warranty and service programs, vehicle specifics (options, packages) and owners manual.

In a nutshell, nothing of substance. For tracking your car status, only calling BMW Canada and asking for status was useful. Responses was only inspired confidence when I received two consistent status reports. Hopefully, delivery is real soon. Best.
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2016, 07:44 PM   #4
kalW
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by barcelona View Post
Kal,
Maybe the login issue is initial registration. My 2 accounts have access, so nothing down is for me.
Yup - they confirmed that was the case.

Quote:
For tracking your car status, only calling BMW Canada and asking for status was useful.
Unfortunate that that's the only way. I'd prefer to not have to bug them. Seems like such a waste of time.

Quote:
Hopefully, delivery is real soon. Best.
Build was second week of January (an early 2016 X5 diesel that the dealer already had allocation for), so I'll hopefully have it in a month or so. Can't wait!

Thanks for the info guys - doesn't sound like there's much of anything of substance as mentioned at the Canadian MyBMW.

Kal
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2016, 05:27 AM   #5
barcelona
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: X

They like to calls to keep busy. I learned that some rep's are more knowledgeable or willing to investigate further to provide better information.
One day 2 reps gave me different answers, the correct one being ETA of delivery as the incorrect response was no ETA yet.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2016, 07:59 AM   #6
kalW
Rep

That odd. You'd think that looking up a status should be fairly easy to do!

Kal
Appreciate 0