BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

01-25-2016, 01:01 PM   #1
Jimmie48
Private
Rep
Drives: 2014 X5 Xdrive35D

Possible steering wheel out of position

Hi guys I had an issue where the car was pulling right on the freeway so I had them do a full alignment all came out with adjustments needed. So recently I was noticing it's still pulling and it almost feels like when u look down at the wheel it wants to settle to the right. Hard to tell when sitting still but definetly looks "cocked" to the right on some roads. Has anyone experienced this? Could it be tire pressure or is it really possible that the actual steering wheel is out of alignment? Just FYI I am on the Michelin run flats running door recommended pressures and it's especially noticeable on the right lane of a freeway. Probably going to take it in but figured I would ask the experts here. Thanks for any replies
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2016, 01:34 PM   #2
TallTrees
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2014 X5 35d M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmie48 View Post
Hi guys I had an issue where the car was pulling right on the freeway so I had them do a full alignment all came out with adjustments needed. So recently I was noticing it's still pulling and it almost feels like when u look down at the wheel it wants to settle to the right. Hard to tell when sitting still but definetly looks "cocked" to the right on some roads. Has anyone experienced this? Could it be tire pressure or is it really possible that the actual steering wheel is out of alignment? Just FYI I am on the Michelin run flats running door recommended pressures and it's especially noticeable on the right lane of a freeway. Probably going to take it in but figured I would ask the experts here. Thanks for any replies
Might be one of your tires, I had a this exact problem after putting on new winter tires, pulled to the right pretty bad. Alignment did not solve, turned out to be a "bad" tire.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2016, 02:52 PM   #3
Jimmie48
Private
Rep
Drives: 2014 X5 Xdrive35D

Bad tire? They all look fine but I do notice the right side is wearing worse than the left but not by a large margin.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2016, 03:06 PM   #4
TallTrees
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2014 X5 35d M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmie48 View Post
Bad tire? They all look fine but I do notice the right side is wearing worse than the left but not by a large margin.
Try moving the fronts to the back and see if it drives straight. Not sure you can tell if the tire is bad by looking at it, I believe it can be cause by a manufacturing defect.
Appreciate 0