BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW X5 and X6 Forum (F15/F16) > BMW X5 (F15) and BMW X6 (F16) Forum > BMW X5 and X6 (F15/F16) Forum

07-24-2014, 04:19 AM   #1
NPickles
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F15 40D SE Space Grey/Terra

Adding a recent destination to stored address list in Pro Nav

Is it me being dense or is there no way to add a recent destination to the Navigation address list ?

I'm new to the BMW Pro Nav but despite much reading of the manual and searching online I can't find a way to achieve this.

It looks like you can only add a destination to the stored address list when you are physically at the destination, otherwise the navigation wants to save your current position which is pretty crap if you ask me

How is it that BMW can make such a great car with great mature in car tech yet some of the quirks around the iDrive and Navigation specifically are just plain weird? don't get me wrong it is 99% there, it's just that final 1% that drives you mad.

Last edited by NPickles; 07-24-2014 at 04:25 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2014, 04:30 AM   #2
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPickles View Post
Is it me being dense or is there no way to add a recent destination to the Navigation address list ?

I'm new to the BMW Pro Nav but despite much reading of the manual and searching online I can't find a way to achieve this.

It looks like you can only add a destination to the stored address list when you are physically at the destination, otherwise the navigation wants to save your current position which is pretty crap if you ask me

How is it that BMW can make such a great car with great mature in car tech yet some of the quirks around the iDrive and Navigation specifically are just plain weird? don't get me wrong it is 99% there, it's just that final 1% that drives you mad.
I just looked it up for you. Here you go buddy. Credit to vbbuilt: http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=701407

"I went back to that destination listing and highlighted it (the recent destination). Instead of pushing the enter button to start the navigation, I selected the options button (by iDrive controller) at that point. Brings up a slightly different options menu and at this point, one can save that destination to the address book and give that address, a name."
      07-24-2014, 05:37 AM   #3
NPickles
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by opasha View Post
I just looked it up for you. Here you go buddy. Credit to vbbuilt: http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=701407

"I went back to that destination listing and highlighted it (the recent destination). Instead of pushing the enter button to start the navigation, I selected the options button (by iDrive controller) at that point. Brings up a slightly different options menu and at this point, one can save that destination to the address book and give that address, a name."
Thanks I'm fairly sure I have tried that already but will give it another go in case it is subtly different from what I tried before and will report back.
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2014, 06:09 AM   #4
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Thanks I'm fairly sure I have tried that already but will give it another go in case it is subtly different from what I tried before and will report back.
No problem .
      07-24-2014, 08:35 AM   #5
xdriverx
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW X5 35i Xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by opasha View Post

I have driven the 3 series for the past 3 years and just now learned this.

Appreciate 0
      07-24-2014, 09:14 AM   #6
NPickles
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by xdriverx View Post
I have driven the 3 series for the past 3 years and just now learned this.

Every day is a school day

Works exactly as advertised, thanks @opasha.

It just seems a bit wrong to hit Options when you only have the address highlighted, you so much want to select the address instead, but it works great. Works the same from the ConnectedDrive messages list too where you have used Google Send to Car
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2014, 01:06 PM   #7
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Every day is a school day

Works exactly as advertised, thanks @opasha.

It just seems a bit wrong to hit Options when you only have the address highlighted, you so much want to select the address instead, but it works great. Works the same from the ConnectedDrive messages list too where you have used Google Send to Car
Awesome!
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2014, 07:47 PM   #8
Buckerine
Private
Rep
Drives: X5

The options button is the only part of idrive that could be slightly more intuitive, or at least indicated more clearly. I'm sure a large percentage of idrive users have no idea what the option button does.
Appreciate 0