10 0 0%
other (please explain) 5 83.33%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

01-29-2018, 12:01 AM   #1
x5mproblemvehicle
Rep
Drives: White X5M "15

X5M Helicopter

Helicopter noise coming from vehicle. Any ideas?
      01-29-2018, 01:06 AM   #2
Mahmood07
Captain
Bahrain
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 + F85 X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by x5mproblemvehicle View Post
Helicopter noise coming from vehicle. Any ideas?
Go to the rear of the car, open the tailgate, look for two small plastic flaps on the very top left and right that cover drain holes coming from the roof. Just pull off the plastic pieces and throw them away. Done!
///M3 Mods: | Eisenmann Race Exhaust | Primary Cats Delete (TTP) | ESS Tune | 19" Advan RS | Eibach Springs | MS Air Filter | BMW Perf. Spoiler | BMW Perf. Splitters | Euro LCI Tail lights | Angel iBright v.3.0 | 20% Tint | Matte black Kidney Grills | CF Side Gills | Painted Reflectors | Black M3 emblem
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2018, 01:56 AM   #3
x5mproblemvehicle
Rep

That's nice , but I'm not trying to void my warranty. This is also about Fresno BMW and BMW not being able to fix it and blaming the driver for it's issues.

Thank you for your quick reply Mahmood07 and your opinion

Last edited by x5mproblemvehicle; 01-29-2018 at 01:58 AM.. Reason: thanking
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2018, 02:05 AM   #4
DuSh
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F15 X5 50i

That's a old and well known issue - even my 2014 50i has it. BMW fixed that long time ago, but apparently your MY2015 still has it

P.S. your nickname tho kinda tells me you created this account solely for purpose to discuss this issue? Weird, but ok
Appreciate 3
iconoclast7265.50
Chadmatic660.50
sandwi54538.00
      01-29-2018, 02:16 AM   #5
x5mproblemvehicle
Rep

what about a dealership not being able to fix a well known problem and blaming a customer? Is that the suggested method from the dealership just rip it off, Because I've had this verified by three dealerships and they've done nothing.
      01-29-2018, 02:39 AM   #6
Mahmood07
Captain
Bahrain
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 + F85 X5M

Quote:
That's nice , but I'm not trying to void my warranty. This is also about Fresno BMW and BMW not being able to fix it and blaming the driver for it's issues.

Thank you for your quick reply Mahmood07 and your opinion
Sometimes it's easier to just get things done by yourself. It will save you a trip to the dealership and deal with clueless employees.

There is no chance that this can affect your warranty in any way. It will not harm your car, nor will anybody from BMW will even notice it.

Trust me, don't stress yourself out anymore and take the flaps off (you can even put them back on later if you want)

Here's a link to where they are located:

http://f15.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho...s#post21616324
///M3 Mods: | Eisenmann Race Exhaust | Primary Cats Delete (TTP) | ESS Tune | 19" Advan RS | Eibach Springs | MS Air Filter | BMW Perf. Spoiler | BMW Perf. Splitters | Euro LCI Tail lights | Angel iBright v.3.0 | 20% Tint | Matte black Kidney Grills | CF Side Gills | Painted Reflectors | Black M3 emblem
Appreciate 1
DuSh2113.50
      01-29-2018, 02:46 AM   #7
DuSh
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
what about a dealership not being able to fix a well known problem and blaming a customer? Is that the suggested method from the dealership just rip it off, Because I've had this verified by three dealerships and they've done nothing.
Don't get discouraged, because of this small issue, most dealerships are half crooks and half idiots. Just take the flaps off and problem solved. To be fair this is the only ridiculous issue of this kind and is very easy to fix
Appreciate 1
      01-29-2018, 01:21 PM   #8
x5mproblemvehicle
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuSh View Post
Don't get discouraged, because of this small issue, most dealerships are half crooks and half idiots. Just take the flaps off and problem solved. To be fair this is the only ridiculous issue of this kind and is very easy to fix
Haha well I guess the three dealerships I went to were just that, half crooks and half idiots.

I'm going to include BMW corporate into it because they were not able to fix it either. It sucks to be paying a premium payment for a luxury problem vehicle. Trust me. It's like David vs Goliath

This isn't the only issue I've had with this vehicle. Obviously this is very annoying, And I'm very surprised the dealership wasn't able to diagnosis this correctly and just gave up. I'm not touching it though, I'm already blamed for the noise. Watch out for the crook dealerships. My local dealership would be one of them and BMW corporate isn't much better with addressing their shortcomings with their partner dealerships.

On another note. Does your X5M drive straight? My dealership told me straight to my face from factory they don't drive straight.

Thank you guys for your feedback and answers, Much appreciated. Cheers.
      01-29-2018, 01:23 PM   #9
PatrickC23
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 991.1 911 GTS, '16 F85 X5M

Garage List
2013 BMW ///M5  [0.00]
Quote:

On another note. Does your X5M drive straight? My dealership told me straight to my face from factory they don't drive straight.

Thank you guys for your feedback and answers, Much appreciated. Cheers.
I think you need to find a new dealership, it should definitely drive straight!
      01-29-2018, 01:41 PM   #10
x5mproblemvehicle
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrickC23 View Post
I think you need to find a new dealership, it should definitely drive straight!

Found a new dealership. BMW is playing hardball they are trying to blame everything on the driver instead of taking any responsibility. They don't want to touch it. Surprised right? I know I am.

You believe your dealership and corporate will honor your warranty and take care of you. Especially when the vehicle has not been in any accidents and was bought brand new. Set your expectations low for BMW and BMW Fresno and your won't be disappointed. At least that is my experience thus far.
      01-30-2018, 09:10 AM   #11
supersanj
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 328xi

I'm struggling to understand the point of the thread to be honest. You posted a video regarding a problem, a solution was given and you essentially ignored it. Out of pride for not wanting to do any "work" yourself under warranty or out of laziness for not wanting to get your hands dirty, I don't know.

I understand the frustration, you bought a six figure vehicle and want corresponding service. I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but sometimes the dealers of these things aren't the last stop in terms of vehicle knowledge.

The easiest remedy to this situation is take your car into the dealer, talk with the SA and have someone ride along with you or have someone drive the car with you so you can have tangible evidence that all parties witnessed/experienced the issues. That way when the service ticket is made it is documented. Just calling the dealer and saying there's too much cabin noise isn't going to get your ticket pushed to the head of BMW corporate for a lemon.

Making a thread for a vent session about BMW's customer service, or lack thereof, will probably not go anywhere. After all, you are preaching to the choir here.

Hope this helps, best of luck with your M.
Appreciate 3
eleven11371.50
Bogey4me152.00
      01-30-2018, 09:42 AM   #12
IancoleTX
Dillo boxers
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M5C

You were given the solution to your problem. Does it bring you happiness to complain? If not, then stop being a spoiled brat and fix the problem. If so, then seek psychological help. Life has an expiration date, and you're wasting yours right now. Fix it and move on.
supersanj124.00
Bogey4me152.00
WI_Rob93.50
      01-30-2018, 11:12 AM   #13
iconoclast
Self-Deprecating Narcissist
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Audi BMW Ferrari LR MB

a solution was provided and ignored. the intent is clear. the individual created an sn which reflects their issue and is building an online presence as leverage to get out of the vehicle all the while complaining along the way. this thread and topic have been beaten to death and no real reason to engage in any further but my real curiosity lies in the three years of ownership that have passed.
Appreciate 3
Chadmatic660.50
kj71109188.50
supersanj124.00
      01-30-2018, 11:28 AM   #14
Nuckle
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2023 Defender X

Quote:
Originally Posted by iconoclast View Post
a solution was provided and ignored. the intent is clear. the individual created an sn which reflects their issue and is building an online presence as leverage to get out of the vehicle all the while complaining along the way. this thread and topic have been beaten to death and no real reason to engage in any further but my real curiosity lies in the three years of ownership that have passed.
Exactly

There is definitely something we are not being told. I have never in all the vehicles I have owned had a dealer much less multiple dealers ignore a legitimate issue.
Appreciate 1
iconoclast7265.50
      01-30-2018, 11:59 AM   #15
iconoclast
No_Country
Rep

especially one which has an issue which can be resolved in seconds. i think filling out the RO would take longer than the resolution itself. if it takes you more than one minute total to resolve this then you have no business being near any vehicle.
Appreciate 1
supersanj124.00
      01-30-2018, 09:08 PM   #16
elisiX
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: '20 X3M Competition

I was waiting for someone to question the 3 year portion of this issue.

Also, i've had this issue on my F15 M50d and 16 X5M and didn't think to look into it.

Now that the OP has made this hilarious thread, I will keep an ear out on my 18 X5M.

I assume the new X5 should not do this now though.

2020 BMW X3M Competition ///M - ALPINE WHITE / SAKHIR ORANGE

Past: 18' BMW M3CS | 18' BMW X5M | '17 BMW M3 Competition | '16 Mercedes GLC250 | '16 BMW X5M | '15 BMW X5 M50d | '14 Audi SQ5
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2018, 09:52 PM   #17
AW2015M3
BMWaddict4life
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M3

Quote:
Found a new dealership. BMW is playing hardball they are trying to blame everything on the driver instead of taking any responsibility. They don't want to touch it. Surprised right? I know I am.

You believe your dealership and corporate will honor your warranty and take care of you. Especially when the vehicle has not been in any accidents and was bought brand new. Set your expectations low for BMW and BMW Fresno and your won't be disappointed. At least that is my experience thus far.
sell the X5 and buy a RR or an GLE or the ridiculous Levante
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2018, 07:22 AM   #18
iconoclast
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by elisiX View Post
I assume the new X5 should not do this now though.
nope. i have owned a '16 and a '17... it is not an issue.
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2018, 11:23 AM   #19
DuSh
Colonel
Rep

I can't say it for 100%, but I think OP is a troll of sort. He also posted about drive-train error malfunctions appearing periodically on his dash: http://f15.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho...1286526&page=2

I mean he creates his forum name as x5mproblemvehicle - that kinda gives you already a red flag indication. Then he creates this silly thread and complains about small issue like it's end of the world. Then he comments in another thread about sporadic drive train error issues - I don't know about you, but it seems to me OP has his mind set up already and I'm not sure what are his goals exactly - to create a proof of his issues so he can get out of his contract or return a car he can no longer afford or something else? But it doesn't look good - only comments about how bad x5 is and how bad dealers are and yet doesn't want to do simple things to fix issue - seems like he doesn't want to and already has different plan

Appreciate 0
      01-31-2018, 12:58 PM   #20
arrivederci
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuSh View Post
I can't say it for 100%, but I think OP is a troll of sort. He also posted about drive-train error malfunctions appearing periodically on his dash: http://f15.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho...1286526&page=2

I mean he creates his forum name as x5mproblemvehicle - that kinda gives you already a red flag indication. Then he creates this silly thread and complains about small issue like it's end of the world. Then he comments in another thread about sporadic drive train error issues - I don't know about you, but it seems to me OP has his mind set up already and I'm not sure what are his goals exactly - to create a proof of his issues so he can get out of his contract or return a car he can no longer afford or something else? But it doesn't look good - only comments about how bad x5 is and how bad dealers are and yet doesn't want to do simple things to fix issue - seems like he doesn't want to and already has different plan

Exactly. Complains to us about the issue and the dealers. A solution is provided yet she acts like a baby and ignores it. She not here for help. Just here to complain.
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2018, 10:06 PM   #21
x5mproblemvehicle
Rep

First off I'm not being a baby, Second I'm a he not a she... and third I'm making a payment on a car that was supposed to function absolutely flawlessly. I did not buy a used Honda from carmax; I should not have to tape or remove anything on my vehicle for it to function correctly. Why go and buy a high end vehicle when you have to jerry rig it to make it perform to the standards promised?! This was a brand new vehicle, and the problems have been occurring since day 1 when it had 15 miles on the odometer.
      01-31-2018, 10:19 PM   #22
elisiX
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: '20 X3M Competition

I can appreciate that this issue has been going on for some time.

Can I ask, what do you want BMW to do?

2020 BMW X3M Competition ///M - ALPINE WHITE / SAKHIR ORANGE

Past: 18' BMW M3CS | 18' BMW X5M | '17 BMW M3 Competition | '16 Mercedes GLC250 | '16 BMW X5M | '15 BMW X5 M50d | '14 Audi SQ5
Appreciate 0