BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

10-19-2016, 02:22 PM   #1
F15GorDe
Well versed in the care and feeding of BMWs
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15d, F10

On the road

Took advantage of the opportunity to click a few things off the bucket list this month.
Set out from NorCal on Sat the 8th arrived NorVirginia on Wed the12th getting solid 34 mpg in the 35d.(roughly 735-765 miles per tank full). Left Sun the 16th for Atlanta arrived Sun evening for appointment with Steve at Invisihitch on Mon AM the 17th. Knew that programming rear camera was included. Did not expect that most of the other codable features were also available at no additional charge. One popular item is the updated NAV files, for this there IS a charge. Later that night I confirmed my HBA is functional. 👍🏻

Big TYVM to Steve and his crew at INVISIHITCH for getting me in and out. Rare is dealing with business where they over-deliver on their promise.

Currently in Austin TX for this weekends leg of the F1 series, then back home. Hope to meetup with other likeminded forum members at COTA.
      10-19-2016, 08:39 PM   #2
P1
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2004 3/4 ton Duramax

Northern California to Austin is not a short drive.
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2016, 09:59 PM   #3
Neuera09
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 X5 Xline with MPPK

Yes it is, considering he just came from Northern Virginia. Any issues with your 35d during the road trip? Enjoy the rest of your adventure and have a safe trip back to Cali. We're going to need a detailed report of the road trip with pictures .....
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2016, 12:38 AM   #4
F15GorDe
Well versed in the care and feeding of BMWs
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15d, F10

No issues. Will need to replace the Scorpion Verdes when I return home, but with 33k on them I expected that.

Dropped in on BMW of Austin at 4 in the afternoon for an oil service, def top up and micro filter and wiper change with no problem, out by 6. Nice!