BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

11-27-2017, 05:25 PM   #23
menelaos
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW X5 F15

It is sad that at a forum where there is will to help and share knowledge with each other to find scammers like that. Hope it does not impact the overall willingness to buy and sell, because I found very good opportunities.
Appreciate 1
Habsone73.50
      11-27-2017, 05:51 PM   #24
P1
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2004 3/4 ton Duramax

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVazha View Post
Hopefully just miscommunication, you have to give seller the chance to make it right. For all we know this thread is legit, and the CL post was a local scam.

I wouldn't be surprised if these pictures (because we know there's no wheels) pop up in your local CL classifieds..

It's morons like this that take all the fun out of modding.
The OP hasn't logged on since 11-19-2017 03:53 AM. If you joined a forum simply to sell a set of wheels, wouldn't you be checking it every 5 minutes?
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2017, 06:32 PM   #25
Habsone
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: The Ultimate Driving Machine

Quote:
Hopefully just miscommunication, you have to give seller the chance to make it right. For all we know this thread is legit, and the CL post was a local scam.

I wouldn't be surprised if these pictures (because we know there's no wheels) pop up in your local CL classifieds..

It's morons like this that take all the fun out of modding.
I'm completely fine with giving seller a benefit of the doubt. To his credit he did mention in one of his post on 11/7 that the wheels were reserved. Were they reserved for ilk5? We don't know. When you take deposit(in this case $1000. No short change) from someone who trusted you on account of just being a member on this wonderful forum, you have a responsibility as a seller to make sure that you go above and beyond to not only communicate in timely manner as well as satisfy the buyer who completely trusted you.
Appreciate 1
P111572.00
      11-27-2017, 06:48 PM   #26
9mmkungfu
Captain
Rep
Drives: 335d, 535d, 750i, X5 35d

Angry

I exchanged a few emails with the "seller" and decided to pass when I received the following responses. See below.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
P111572.00
      11-27-2017, 07:30 PM   #27
P1
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9mmkungfu View Post
I exchanged a few emails with the "seller" and decided to pass when I received the following responses. See below.
Broken English, short responses, no real name used on his email, wanting a bank transfer. Just red flag after red flag after red flag.
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2017, 08:01 PM   #28
TheVazha
Major
Rep
Drives: X5Mmmkay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by P1et View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9mmkungfu View Post
Broken English, short responses, no real name used on his email, wanting a bank transfer. Just red flag after red flag after red flag.
Did a google search of the email, nothing. This is a new account created for the purpose of who knows what.

It would be interested to see if the wheels can be traced by a serial number? Or maybe using a google image search?
      11-27-2017, 08:12 PM   #29
P1
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Did a google search of the email, nothing. This is a new account created for the purpose of who knows what.

It would be interested to see if the wheels can be traced by a serial number? Or maybe using a google image search?
Did a Google image search, nothing. Moderators are aware of the situation.
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2017, 10:14 PM   #30
onfireX5
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: F90M5,F85X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilk5 View Post
1k..
Hopefully you used PayPal or a CC and can get it back.
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2017, 09:31 AM   #31
ilk5
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 F15

Thanks everyone for your help. Will see what's gonna happened
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2017, 09:37 AM   #32
Violator
Living the dream
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 w/MPPK, MPE & RC GTS Black

I don’t know if it helps but he told me via PM that he was located in Kingsville, TX.
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2017, 08:36 PM   #33
TheVazha
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Violator View Post
I don’t know if it helps but he told me via PM that he was located in Kingsville, TX.
Dude what the fuck is all over the face of your avatar?
      12-02-2017, 07:55 AM   #34
P1
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
What's the latest? Did Jason help you?
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2017, 08:00 AM   #35
ilk5
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by P1et View Post
Quote:
What's the latest? Did Jason help you?
Nothing new
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2017, 08:44 AM   #36
onfireX5
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Nothing new
How did you transfer funds ?
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2017, 09:06 AM   #37
ilk5
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by onfireX5 View Post
Quote:
Nothing new
How did you transfer funds ?
Bank transfer
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2017, 09:18 AM   #38
P1
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Nothing new
What the hell. The OP hasn't even been banned yet. This scammer is probably feeding his entire village off your $1K.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2017, 09:57 AM   #39
onfireX5
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Bank transfer
I would contact the bank and see if they can process a charge back. Credit Cards are obligated to do it as a condition of the Commercial Bank obligation. I would use that angle on your ACH transfer even though it’s not a requirement. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2017, 10:05 AM   #40
ilk5
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Bank transfer
I would contact the bank and see if they can process a charge back. Credit Cards are obligated to do it as a condition of the Commercial Bank obligation. I would use that angle on your ACH transfer even though it’s not a requirement. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.
I filed a dispute, but they not really guarantee anything
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2017, 10:19 AM   #41
TheVazha
Major
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Bank transfer
Was the seller here in the states?

You have his name I'm assuming that's associated with the bank account? Look him up online, find out where he works. Call his boss, explain what happened. Send his boss the link to this thread, send him a copy of your bank transfer slip. He will be fired.

Of course before you do this and ruin his life, give him a fair shot to return your $.
      12-02-2017, 10:23 AM   #42
ilk5
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Bank transfer

You have his name I'm assuming that's associated with the bank account? Look him up online, find out where he works. Call his boss, explain what happened. Send his boss the link to this thread, send him a copy of your bank transfer slip. He will be fired.

Of course before you do this and ruin his life, give him a fair shot to return your $.
He got a Wells Fargo account, I'm assuming he lives in US
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2017, 10:27 AM   #43
TheVazha
Major
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Bank transfer
I would contact the bank and see if they can process a charge back. Credit Cards are obligated to do it as a condition of the Commercial Bank obligation. I would use that angle on your ACH transfer even though itÂ’s not a requirement. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

He got a Wells Fargo account, I'm assuming he lives in US
Call Wells Fargo. They probably won't give you his name but if you speak to the manager and tell him you're filing a small claims suit, they have to provide you with his information in order to serve him.

Find out as much information about him as you can. Then send him the info and let him know you will slander and publicly shame him if he doesn't return your money.

You can file a small claims suit online, it only costs $50 but you can get the PDF that contains all the pertinent info regarding the suit that you can then send to him/his boss/his wife/his bank/etc..

Let him know you're not f'in around. On the court date, if he doesn't show up, you'll get a judgement against him. Won't help you get paid but it will be recored again him. He can forget about getting a CC, or financing anything for that matter. The trouble you can stir is not worth the $1k he stole. I bet you get your money back fast.
      12-02-2017, 10:58 AM   #44
P1
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Call Wells Fargo. They probably won't give you his name but if you speak to the manager and tell him you're filing a small claims suit, they have to provide you with his information in order to serve him.

Find out as much information about him as you can. Then send him the info and let him know you will slander and publicly shame him if he doesn't return your money.

You can file a small claims suit online, it only costs $50 but you can get the PDF that contains all the pertinent info regarding the suit that you can then send to him/his boss/his wife/his bank/etc..

Let him know you're not f'in around. On the court date, if he doesn't show up, you'll get a judgement against him. Won't help you get paid but it will be recored again him. He can forget about getting a CC, or financing anything for that matter. The trouble you can stir is not worth the $1k he stole. I bet you get your money back fast.
This is excellent information. Let's get this man his money back, or at the very least, expose this rotten scammer.
Appreciate 0