BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

06-23-2020, 03:55 AM   #1
HB8205
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 f15

New X5 ( New to me )

Hello everyone, I am new to this bimmerpost thing as you see so I really have no idea what I’m doing but I just wanted to know your opinions on my new used car.
I have just bought a BMW X5 f15 2016 with 22,500 miles, white with 20” alloys, black interior and 7 seats, also rear screens for basically £28k.
Yes I’m from the uk and i was looking for a new car anyway and this came up and I was like why not, it’s from Harry Fairburn which means it is bmw approved. Considering the current situation I was only able to see it open but not turned and and able to drive. I went home and said let’s go with it but they had only just got the car and it’s currently in their workshop being prepared, ready in about a week. Since most of you guys know more than me about this stuff, what is some things I should be expecting owning this Car? What things should I do if you know what I mean?

Last edited by HB8205; 06-23-2020 at 09:45 AM.. Reason: Wrong year
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2020, 05:16 AM   #2
ems328i
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '14 35i (F15) '14 M135i (F21)

Well first of all congrats! Which model (engine)? M Sport? Since it has a relatively low milage, and since you are buying from a BMW dealer with12 months warranty, there's not too much you need to worry about whilst it's under warranty.
It's hard to know how to answer your question without a few more details about the car itself, or your previous car history to give you a comparison for what to expect. Assuming it has FSH then you should just sit back and enjoy the car, they drive very nicely for it's size, build quality is great, and if you decide to there are a ton of fun mods/upgrades to do later on
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2020, 09:42 AM   #3
HB8205
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ems328i View Post
Well first of all congrats! Which model (engine)? M Sport? Since it has a relatively low milage, and since you are buying from a BMW dealer with12 months warranty, there's not too much you need to worry about whilst it's under warranty.
It's hard to know how to answer your question without a few more details about the car itself, or your previous car history to give you a comparison for what to expect. Assuming it has FSH then you should just sit back and enjoy the car, they drive very nicely for it's size, build quality is great, and if you decide to there are a ton of fun mods/upgrades to do later on
Hi!

Thanks so much for replying! I just bought the sdrive 25d model, I genuinely couldn’t find an approved xdrive one anywhere with the stuff I wanted in it.
I’m sorry I couldn’t explain myself better, I just wanted to know from a owner who’s owns/owned the car what you know to expect from it? Known problems etc. I unfortunately won’t be able to do any Major mods because it is on pcp finanace So yeah.
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2020, 12:11 PM   #4
ems328i
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '14 35i (F15) '14 M135i (F21)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HB8205 View Post
Hi!

Thanks so much for replying! I just bought the sdrive 25d model, I genuinely couldn’t find an approved xdrive one anywhere with the stuff I wanted in it.
I’m sorry I couldn’t explain myself better, I just wanted to know from a owner who’s owns/owned the car what you know to expect from it? Known problems etc. I unfortunately won’t be able to do any Major mods because it is on pcp finanace So yeah.
No worries! Some people have issues with the front control arms (wishbones): the bushings go, making it squeaky and/or bouncy, and rattles from the boot door, and there are probably more things but they are a small percantage compared to the total number of owners. Also, I have a petrol so I can't really speak to any diesel specific issues.

As I say, with such low mileage and the dealer warranty, I don't think you'll need to worry about anything much for the first 12 months, and if it does, take it back to the dealer...I've had my 2014 for almost 2 years and everything is as it should be, no issues, love it.
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2020, 04:23 PM   #5
Russmov
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW X5 xDrive 35i

Garage List
2015 BMW X5  [0.00]
Congrats on your new X5!
Since it has 7 passenger seating it would have the rear air springs. Those are known to fail.
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2020, 04:45 PM   #6
parkstr8
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW X5 MSport Arctic Grey

Congrats and welcome!!!
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2020, 08:53 AM   #7
HB8205
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ems328i View Post
No worries! Some people have issues with the front control arms (wishbones): the bushings go, making it squeaky and/or bouncy, and rattles from the boot door, and there are probably more things but they are a small percantage compared to the total number of owners. Also, I have a petrol so I can't really speak to any diesel specific issues.

As I say, with such low mileage and the dealer warranty, I don't think you'll need to worry about anything much for the first 12 months, and if it does, take it back to the dealer...I've had my 2014 for almost 2 years and everything is as it should be, no issues, love it.
Do you guys have any tips for this vehicle, i am obviously new to BMW and there operation systems, any like hidden features etc?
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2020, 09:00 AM   #8
HB8205
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russmov View Post
Congrats on your new X5!
Since it has 7 passenger seating it would have the rear air springs. Those are known to fail.
Do you guys have any tips for this vehicle, i am obviously new to BMW and there operation systems, any like hidden features etc? Can somebody link a link or something to a video or page explaining EVERYTHING I need to know? Many b thanks!
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2020, 09:01 AM   #9
HB8205
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by parkstr8 View Post
Congrats and welcome!!!
Do you guys have any tips for this vehicle, i am obviously new to BMW and there operation systems, any like hidden features etc? Can somebody link a link or something to a video or page explaining EVERYTHING I need to know? Many b thanks!
Appreciate 0