BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

03-17-2024, 04:15 PM   #1
wmr71
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 X5 Msport 50

code question

hey everybody,

I ran ISTA+ on my 2016 BMW 50m sport yesterday and the picture below shows the results. the two I have questions about are:

180001 - catalytic converter - roughly 1k miles ago, I replaced both of the HPFPs as well as the low pressure sensor. when the motor was replaced under the Isley Settlement about 2 years ago, all the O2 sensors were replaced with BMW OEM sensors. After reading this report I went and cleaned both of the MAF sensors and the check engine light on the right had side of the dash went away. my real question is if anyone has had to replace their catalytic converters? could these from Turner be used?

https://www.turnermotorsport.com/p-2...converter-225/

440102 - Transfer Box - Oil Wear - since buying this car in 2017 at 40k miles, I have changed the transfer case fluid 2 times and the car now has 125k miles. the most recent change was sometime in the past 10k miles, I just cant quite remember.

question is if this is a mileage trigger as a reminder or is there something happening here that has triggered this code?

not that it matters but coils have 5k miles on them and plugs maybe 10k miles

all the other items on the scan, I am fully aware of

thanks in advance
Attached Images

Appreciate 0