BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW X5 and X6 Forum (F15/F16) > BMW X5 (F15) and BMW X6 (F16) Forum > BMW X5 and X6 (F15/F16) Forum

03-30-2021, 12:06 PM   #1
crystalworks
Captain
Rep
Drives: Many BMW's

'15 35d Family Daily Driver Mod/Maintenance Thread

Figured I'd post a mod/maintenance thread as I usually do one on my various BMW's and it helps me remember what happened when in terms of services/repairs. I have this on another forum as well, but this one seems much more heavily traveled for the F15 platform. Thanks to blue dragon for the recommendation.

Wife and I finalized purchase of an F15 35d the other day and are looking forward to the upgrade in generational improvement in both tech and refinement from her e70 35d. We hadn't intended on buying anything yet but hadn't seen another optioned this way in the year+ I'd been looking at them. From what we've read the F15 chassis is a little less engaging (this has proved true) than the E70, but much more capable and refined (also proved true so far). It will be our primary family vehicle and trip car so that suits us just fine. :thumbup: We had it PPI'd so fingers crossed it'll serve us well. All I have are dealer pics currently.

The dealer experience we were less than pleased with as they embodied every used car stereotype that exists. I don't think they are used to dealing with (or care not to because they don't make the interest on finance) someone who already has financing or cash and doesn't need their "assistance" with trying to finagle a loan to a sub 600 credit score. They made what should be a very smooth process a little irritating (I've never had to get a purchase agreement/order notarized before) and I've bought vehicles out of state easier.

After having the vehicle 2 months, the dealer experience has proved to be an indication of the vehicle condition. Has been in an accident which their history report did not show (Experian). Carfax shows it. Had to replace numerous 8mm and pushpin fasteners that the body shop did not. At least they did a decent job on the paint, though there is overspray on all the glass. We did get an okay deal on the truck but have spent about $2000 so far bringing it up to our standards. Still need to order a new key, needs a windshield, etc. Will detail as it happens.

12/29/2020

- Purchased the wife's "new" X5 w/ 84467 miles on it.

2015 xDrive35d built 8/4/14 (original sticker ~ $82500)

A90 Dark Grey Metallic (sophistograu metallic)
NAMY Mocca Nappa leather package w/ black leather dash and contrast stitching
ZXD X-line

212 National Brake System Equipment Ausstattung Bremsanlage Laender
245 Steering Column Adjustment Elec Lenksaeulenverstellung Elektrisch
255 Sports Leather Steering Wheel Sport-lederlenkrad
258 Runflat Tyres Bereifung Mit Notlaufeigenschaften
2D4 19"la Wheels Star Spoke 449 19"lm Raeder Sternspeiche 449
2VB Tyre Pressure Indicator Reifendruckanzeige
2VM Adaptive Suspension Package Comfort Adaptives Fahrwerkspaket Comfort
2VP Adaptive Suspension Package Dynamic Adaptives Fahrwerkspaket Dynamic
300 Emergency Wheel Notrad
302 Alarm System Alarmanlage
319 Integrated Universal Remote Control Integrierte Universal-fernbedienung
322 Comfort Access System Komfortzugang
323 Soft Close Automatic System For Doors Soft-close-automatik Fuer Tueren
328 Aluminium Running Board Sill Aluminium-trittbrett
3AG Backup Camera Rueckfahrkamera
3AT Roof Rails Aluminium Satinated Dachreling Aluminium Satiniert
3E2 Exterieurdesign Pure Experience Exterieurdesign Pure Experience
3MB Individual Ext.line Alu. Satinated Individual Ext Line Alu Satiniert
402 Panorama Glass Roof Panorama Glasdach
420 Sun Protection Glazing Sonnenschutzverglasung
423 Floor Mats, Velour Fussmatten In Velours
430 Interior And Exterior Mirror Packa Innen- Und Aussenspiegelpaket
441 Smokers Package Raucherpaket
453 Active Seat Ventilation, Front Aktive Sitzbelueftung Vorn
456 Comfort Seats, Electric. Adjustable Komfortsitze Elektrisch Verstellbar
488 Lumbar Support Driver/front Passenger Lordosenstuetze Fahrer/beifahrer
493 Storage Compartment Package Ablagenpaket
494 Seat Heating F Driver/front Passenger Sitzheizung Fuer Fahrer/beifahrer
4B9 Int.trim Finishers Alum.high Finish Int.leiste Aluminium Feinschliff
4FF Comfort Seats In Rear Komfortsitze Im Fond
4NB Aut.air Conditioning 4-zone Control Klimaautomatik Mit 4-zonenregelung
4U1 Ceramic Embellisher For Controls Keramikapplikation F.bedienelemente
508 Park Distance Control (pdc) Park Distance Control (pdc)
552 Adaptive Led Headlight Adaptiver Led-scheinwerfer
563 Lights Package Lichtpaket
575 Additional 12v Power Socket Zusaetzliche 12-v-steckdose
5A1 Led-fog Lights Led-nebelscheinwerfer
5AC Autom. High-beam Headlights Control Fernlichtassistent
5AG Lane Change Warning Spurwechselwarnung
5AP Decoding For No-dazzle High-beam As Dekodierung Blendfreier Fernlichtas
5AT Driving Assistant Plus Driving Assistant Plus
5DL Surround View Surround View
5DP Park Assistant Parkassistent
609 Navigation System Professional Navigationssystem Professional
610 Head Up Display Head-up Display
645 Radio Control Us Radio-steuerung Us
655 Satellite Radio Satellitentuner
697 Area-code 1 Area-code 1
6AC Intelligent Emergency Call Intelligenter Notruf
6AE Teleservices Teleservices
6AK Connecteddrive Services Connecteddrive Services
6AM Real Time Traffic Information Real Time Traffic Information
6AP Remote Services Remote Services
6F2 Bang&olufsen High End Surround Soun Bang&olufsen High End Surround Soun
7S6 Interieurdesign Pure Experience Interieurdesign Pure Experience
823 Hot Climate Version Heissland-ausfuehrung
845 Acoustic Belt Warning Akustische Gurtwarnung
853 Language Version English Sprachversion Englisch
8KL Oelserviceint. 15.000km/12months Oelwartungsint. 15.000km/12monate
8S4 Decoding Variable Light Distributio Decodierung Variable Lichtverteilun
8SL Preparation For Trailer Tow Hitch Vorbereitung Fuer Anhaengerkupplung
8SM Vin, Visible From Outside Fahrgestellnummer,v.aussen Sichtbar
8TH Speed Limit Info Speed Limit Info
8TN Daytime Driving Lights Selectable B Tagfahrlicht Ueber Lichtmenue Einst
992 Number Plate Attachement Management Steuerung Kennzeichenbefestigung
9AA External Skin Protection Aussenhautschutz

The only things we wish it also had (really) are.

417 Rear manual side window shades
ZCW Cold Weather Package
248 Heated steering wheel
496 Heated rear seat
502 Retractable headlight washers

Unicorn car would have had the above and the Msport package. But we were finding that the Msports weren't optioned very heavily by their buyers. I guess because that was a fairly expensive option line. Oh well, we aren't in the tax bracket required to order a new one with everything we want so we had to take what we could get. At any rate, we're excited to have a new addition to the fleet.

01/07/2021

- Had the truck over to the detailer

Here are some pics now that it has been paint corrected and ceramic coated with Cquartz. Detailer also used Cquartz leather interior coating... didn't know that was a thing. But the wife was pleased and she is a connoisseur of interior detailing.

Paint swirling condition before.

Hood before:

[

Hood after:

This last one I took with my phone when I picked it up.

Wife and I are VERY happy with the results. This looks like a totally different vehicle from what we picked up a week ago. He was able to get most of the damage off this seriously neglected paint. The sap on the hood and the roof were atrocious. If anyone wants a detail in the San Antonio area I highly recommend Ohana Ceramic Coatings. After mine was done my Mom got her QX70 done and my Father got his 535d F10 done. All came out great. Price is very reasonable as well.

Have some fender flares here that I ordered to put on it and then will move the 20's from the E70 over to this one. Should look pretty nice.

01/16/2021

- Fender flares installed in prep for the 20" wheels.

First mod is complete. Got the flared fender arches installed. These are aftermarket and fit 95%. Cost was about $220 after tax and using Ebay bucks that I had stored.

The flares definitely look better, but now the 19's look totally out of place so am going to look for a place to swap over the TPMS sensors from our E70's 20" wheels over to the F15. Need to do this ASAP now. :dunno:

Also while I was under and around the vehicle I took stock of the condition of the vehicle. Here are some things I noticed.

1. Front brake pads are almost new while the rears are at around 15%. Service menu confirms and has ~3000 miles left until service due. I'll do all 4 corners in a couple thousand miles.

2. The body shop who repaired the accident damage was sub-par, which does not surprise me in the slightest. I replaced all kinds of 8mm fasteners, 10mm plastic nuts, and rivets. Also found some overspray inside the front fender vents as well as one side that was not reinstalled correctly. At least they did a good job on the paint I guess.

3. Mechanically the X5 seems to be in good condition. Everything is dry and tidy in the engine bay. I dropped the front splash shield (16 8mm screws!) and had a good poke around. Suspension is tight all the way around with no signs of immediate attention being necessary. So was happy about this. :thumbup:

4. This thing is COMPLEX. Between the dynamic handling package, adaptive suspension, and active steering... this could get expensive. Hopefully used parts drop in price before any of these systems need work. The sway bars have motors on them, the steering rack has a motor, the front struts are adaptive, the rear suspension has air springs, and the rear differential is completely different than any I'm familiar on previous BMW's. Scary stuff. :wow:

01/25/2021

- Got the TPMS sensors swapped from the E70 wheels to the F15 and vice versa so installed the shoes on their new respective wearers. $160

02/03/2021

- Installed some roof rails I found on Ebay. $205.68

I think we've taken enough of the femininity out of it visually now. Only thing I am considering is painting the calipers (burnt copper like all our other cars) and painting the front grille surrounds black. Going to leave the silver finish on the slats but the surrounding chrome doesn't match anything else. We'll see.

Last edited by crystalworks; 10-08-2023 at 01:35 PM..
Appreciate 3
      03-30-2021, 12:11 PM   #2
crystalworks
Captain
Rep

02/28/2021

- Installed and registered a new battery due to electrical issues and bus communication errors. Original was dated week 39 of 2015. 105ah AGM H9 from O'Reillys $219.48

- Took the opportunity to vacuum out a fair amount of sand and clean the battery compartment and side areas.

Continuing to shake this thing down before we take it on our summer trip this year. Had to cancel last year's for pandemic reasons so we're all itching to get out of dodge. Should put about 4000 miles on the F15 +/-. Last time we did this trip we did it in my E53 4.8is and spent about $1000 on fuel. The F15 is much more frugal so we're looking forward to redirecting that fuel budget to more fun activities. :thumbup:

03/18/2021

- Had the dealer replace injectors in cylinder 1 &2 per their diagnosis. Called BMWNA and filed a NHTSA complaint in hopes MY 2015 gets added to the list of covered vehicles with the extended injector warranty. $886.62

03/21/2021

- Replaced the rear windshield wiper cover that had been missing since purchase. 61627294430 $5.87

I also ordered an OE sun shade for it but it does not fit. Won't go around the mirror housing and also seems too wide and tall? I ordered part number 82112458103 from a dealer on Ebay. But the one I received does not match the shape of the one shown in the link below.

https://www.getbmwparts.com/oem-part...de-82112458103

Anyone use an OE shade on these and have the part number?

03/27/2021

- Took the F15 on a long cruise through the Texas landscape in Bandera to pick up a set of 19" 6 series wheels I couldn't pass up. 2 are supposedly cracked. But I really like the look and they'll look good on the wagon after a $500 refurb. $600 for a "brand new" set of style 367's is a bargain in my book. 19x8.5 front, 19x9 rear. $100

As a side note, the gent I was buying them from, upon pulling into his ranch, immediately says, "these aren't going to fit in that car." I replied, "I think I can get 'em in there." I didn't even have to scoot the kids seats forward. He was impressed. Especially after telling him we got 30mpg on the way.

Truck is going to need an undercarriage wash after 15 miles on dirt road.

The haul:

Appreciate 2
P111572.00
      03-30-2021, 01:00 PM   #3
scotty339
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW X5 x35i M-Sport

10/10
Love threads like this full of content. Enjoy!

Those new rims you picked up a mint. Love the style.
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2021, 03:58 PM   #4
sukhk527
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 XDrive35i

Garage List
Nice! I just put up my build thread for a Sophisto Grey car myself. Great minds think alike .
2017 X5 XDrive35i X-Line | Sophisto Grey | MHD Full Flexfuel Tuned | Mosselman Turbo| Sutphin Tuning TCU | Nostrum Stage 2 HPFP | ER Charge Pipe | BimmerHausPerformance Intake and Inlet | ApexBuilt Catted DP | VRSF FMIC | Zeitronix Flexfuel Kit | KateCool Oil Cooler | Variant Wheels | Conti DWS06+ |
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2021, 08:12 PM   #5
x5wntd
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: f15 35d

Nice whip! Loaded diesels are so rare and hard to find .. Been looking for mine 15 x5 35d over 6 months ngl. But I've got m package, 7 seats , heads up , ventilated seats, heated steering wheel and 2nd row, sunroof, rear shades, ceramic shifter, leather dash. Definitely worth it!
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2021, 10:30 AM   #6
tominfhl
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 F15 35d

How are you liking the active steering. I have one with AS amd one without, both with DHP but I find that the one with the AS is nice and tight even when doing city driving (not just highway). I like that. The other is loose and a little less loose in sport mode. Want to know how yours are by comparison.
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2021, 10:47 AM   #7
crystalworks
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotty339 View Post
10/10
Love threads like this full of content. Enjoy!

Those new rims you picked up a mint. Love the style.
Thanks, I hope to keep the content coming. Need to get the transmission replacement done on our E70 though so I can get the F15 into the garage. Work never ends around here with 5 old bimmers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukhk527 View Post
Nice! I just put up my build thread for a Sophisto Grey car myself. Great minds think alike .
Saw that. Nice X.

Quote:
Originally Posted by x5wntd View Post
Nice whip! Loaded diesels are so rare and hard to find .. Been looking for mine 15 x5 35d over 6 months ngl. But I've got m package, 7 seats , heads up , ventilated seats, heated steering wheel and 2nd row, sunroof, rear shades, ceramic shifter, leather dash. Definitely worth it!
Thank you. And yes they certainly are. I wish we could have found an example like yours but after looking for a year, we finally settled. Wish it had ZCW (cold weather) and 417 shades the most as we could live without msport and 3rd row. You found a unicorn. I bet (hope because it would make me feel better ) you paid quite a bit for yours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tominfhl View Post
How are you liking the active steering. I have one with AS amd one without, both with DHP but I find that the one with the AS is nice and tight even when doing city driving (not just highway). I like that. The other is loose and a little less loose in sport mode. Want to know how yours are by comparison.
We like it. Similar in feel to older servotronic (have this on our 4.8is) but obviously smarter. Honestly though I haven't spent enough time learning what all of these options do and how they operate yet. Ours can supposedly parallel park itself. I will say it feels LOADS more intelligent than the steering on the E70 diesel we have. That thing feels like a tank, especially at low speeds.
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2021, 11:55 AM   #8
tominfhl
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 F15 35d

Quote:
Originally Posted by crystalworks View Post

We like it. Similar in feel to older servotronic (have this on our 4.8is) but obviously smarter. Honestly though I haven't spent enough time learning what all of these options do and how they operate yet. Ours can supposedly parallel park itself. I will say it feels LOADS more intelligent than the steering on the E70 diesel we have. That thing feels like a tank, especially at low speeds.

Ok, I should have looked at your build sheet. If you have parking assist (parallel parks itself) then you don't have active steering. That is the tradeoff, hydraulic vs electronic steering. I was looking for the "tank" like steering lol which I why I like active steering but I lose park assist. Anyway man, keep this thread going!!! Most enjoyable read I have had in a while.
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2021, 04:04 PM   #9
crystalworks
Captain
Rep

04/06/2021

- Nothing big to report, been busy with our E70. Repaired the driver's side floor mat that had lost the loop portion of the hook and loop system to hold it in place. It was sliding under the gas pedal if not careful and was a real hazard if you weren't careful. I glued some black speaker box carpet to the bottom (almost looks factory) and installed the "grabbers" that were missing. Had those on hand from previous OE carpet purchases. $0

Appreciate 0
      06-10-2021, 11:53 AM   #10
crystalworks
Captain
Rep

06/07/2021

- Replaced engine air filter. Was dated 2017. MAH-LX27961 $40.49

- Replaced cabin air filters (3 of them), all looked almost new. MAN-CUK29412 & CTO-80004406 $35.54

06/08/2021

- Replaced torn door rubbers. 51767318509 & 51767318510 $41.18

06/09/2021

- Transmission pan and fluid service completed. FCP Euro kit comes with Liqui Moly Top Tec KIT-24118612901KT1 $186.05

Fluid looked pretty good. No metal shavings present like in the E70's transmission that failed. So that's good. I am a bit worried about how much fluid it took in. Only about 4 liters. Mainly worried because I missed the part of the fill procedure for the 8HP involving revving the engine to 2000rpms in park for 30 seconds. I filled it as I would have filled the 6hp in our other Bimmers. I think I am going to lift it again and go through the procedure correctly to see if it takes more fluid. I've seen people not do it and be fine... but I don't get the warm and fuzzies not following ZF's direction. It seems to shift fine, but again, need those warm and fuzzies.

Last edited by crystalworks; 09-14-2021 at 10:26 AM..
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2021, 12:56 PM   #11
jmack123
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW X5

Garage List
2016 BMW X5  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by crystalworks View Post
03/15/2021

- Installed new rear wiper arm cover (missing from purchase) 61627294430 $5.87

06/07/2021

- Replaced engine air filter. Was dated 2017. MAH-LX27961 $40.49

- Replaced cabin air filters (3 of them), all looked almost new. MAN-CUK29412 & CTO-80004406 $35.54

06/08/2021

- Replaced torn door rubbers. 51767318509 & 51767318510 $41.18

06/09/2021

- Transmission pan and fluid service completed. FCP Euro kit comes with Liqui Moly Top Tec KIT-24118612901KT1 $186.05

Fluid looked pretty good. No metal shavings present like in the E70's transmission that failed. So that's good. I am a bit worried about how much fluid it took in. Only about 4 liters. Mainly worried because I missed the part of the fill procedure for the 8HP involving revving the engine to 2000rpms in park for 30 seconds. I filled it as I would have filled the 6hp in our other Bimmers. I think I am going to lift it again and go through the procedure correctly to see if it takes more fluid. I've seen people not do it and be fine... but I don't get the warm and fuzzies not following ZF's direction. It seems to shift fine, but again, need those warm and fuzzies.
Looks great except you need to powdercoat the wheels black 😉. I kid. I do like those wheels a lot that you chose. That paint correction looked to be worth every penny. Also, impressive to see how you weren't afraid of the mileage as you are capable of maintaining the vehicle yourself.
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2021, 05:44 PM   #12
Xolinlevh
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F15 35d

Following this intently! I just got a '15 35d as well and am curious to see what you do that i may also need to Those torn door rubbers....gotta replace those on mine too
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2021, 06:50 PM   #13
The Libertine
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 Porsche Macan

Nice job!
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2021, 11:46 PM   #14
M3HNGRY
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '18 AW X5 35d Msport

Good JOB!
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2021, 11:07 AM   #15
milkyway
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 35d 15/X2 28i 18/MC Conv 06

Very nice job, OP!

I'm an original owner of similar MY15 35d with similar mileage, but not as loaded as yours. I do my own maintenance after BMW free 50k/4 years program expired. It still has the original battery, brake discs/pads. Besides changing engine oil/filter and DEF fluid, air filters, I have changed diesel gas filter. I have not changed transmission oil. From the color of your transmission fluid, looks like it lasts pretty well, and I'm wondering at what point it does need to be changed.
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2021, 01:31 PM   #16
crystalworks
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmack123 View Post
Looks great except you need to powdercoat the wheels black 😉. I kid. I do like those wheels a lot that you chose. That paint correction looked to be worth every penny. Also, impressive to see how you weren't afraid of the mileage as you are capable of maintaining the vehicle yourself.
Funny guy! The wheels are style 597 from the F16 X6. Paint correction was definitely worth the money. Changed the look of the vehicle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xolinlevh View Post
Following this intently! I just got a '15 35d as well and am curious to see what you do that i may also need to Those torn door rubbers....gotta replace those on mine too
Nice, well follow along, I'm sure there will be some crossover repairs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Libertine View Post
Nice job!
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3HNGRY View Post
Good JOB!
Thank you both. The transmission service saves a bunch. $200 in parts and 3 hours of time vs. $1400 quote I got at a shop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by milkyway View Post
Very nice job, OP!

I'm an original owner of similar MY15 35d with similar mileage, but not as loaded as yours. I do my own maintenance after BMW free 50k/4 years program expired. It still has the original battery, brake discs/pads. Besides changing engine oil/filter and DEF fluid, air filters, I have changed diesel gas filter. I have not changed transmission oil. From the color of your transmission fluid, looks like it lasts pretty well, and I'm wondering at what point it does need to be changed.
Thanks. As an original owner I'm sure yours is in nicer condition overall. We would not have bought this example were it not for the build sheet it had. The dealer was terrible and it had been in an accident. At 88k this one has had it's battery and front pads (doubt the PO did the rotors too). As for the trans fluid, ZF recommends 60k - 80k mile intervals. BMW will tell you otherwise because they want to sell you a $6000 transmission or another car at 120k miles. Morons.
Appreciate 2
      06-11-2021, 11:48 PM   #17
tlow98
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2009 E91, 2014 F15 x35i

Nice! I’m on a similar path with 35iX. Bought mine for the build sheet too. It was in OK cosmetic condition and maintained just well enough to buy and be confident no permanent damage has been done. 68k miles so I’ll be doing much of the same as you, except I have some silly “spark plugs” I think they’re called :-) I’m slowly polishing the swirls and bird poop etching out of mine as time allows - so, have a ton of appreciation for you getting yours details. Looks amazing!

I saw/read your thread on the trans replacement for your e70d. Impressive! Ive not had to go that deep, but I always DIY everything on my used Bimmers. So far it’s worked out well.

Will be interested to follow your thread as a fellow DIY’r. You thinking of doing the transfer case fluid as well?

Great example you’ve got! Love the interior leather. An option I wish mine had :-)
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2021, 09:52 PM   #18
mpeteritas
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2017 X5 35d

Following! I have a 2017 35d, space grey. It has a lot of what yours does but no DHP. Just purchased it CPO with 21k miles on it. It was in absolutely MINT condition although I'm learning after the cleaning fragrances are wearing off that that previous owner was a smoker. I am still working on that issue with the dealer I didn't know it when I bought it.

The 20" wheels definitely look sharp. You are making me think about that. Mine came with the same 19" wheels as yours.

Mark
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2021, 01:23 PM   #19
crystalworks
Captain
Rep

06/12/2021

- Installed a Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam. Details on install can be seen here as I edited up a YouTube video on it. Nothing new, others have done the same, but it's there. Pretty happy with the unit itself. Form factor doesn't block driver or passenger views. Has some things I'd change and the mobile app is a little cludgy, but paired with the rear cam and install harness it was a fair price I think. $321.48

Name:  Dash Camera 05.jpg
Views: 2810
Size:  633.7 KB

Name:  Dash Camera 06.jpg
Views: 2018
Size:  657.6 KB

- Updated the maps to 2021 as they were original. Bought a lifetime key from Bimmer Nav. Files uploaded no problem using a USB drive I had on hand. $50

09/04/2021

- Had a new set of tires installed. The Continentals were getting long in the tooth at 6 years and 7 years old. Had about 45000 miles on them and tread was still okay. But with the Texas summer heat I didn't want to risk an old tire having a separation or other failure as this is the primary family vehicle. Went with a set of Toyo Proxes STIII in factory 20" sizes. Very happy with them so far. Ride smoother and quieter than the Contis surprisingly but I think that's because the old tires were getting hard and dry. OTD at Discount with certs was $1029.99.
Appreciate 1
sukhk5272168.00
      09-14-2021, 06:13 PM   #20
sukhk527
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 XDrive35i

Garage List
Man after seeing your video, I need to order wider flares ASAP.
2017 X5 XDrive35i X-Line | Sophisto Grey | MHD Full Flexfuel Tuned | Mosselman Turbo| Sutphin Tuning TCU | Nostrum Stage 2 HPFP | ER Charge Pipe | BimmerHausPerformance Intake and Inlet | ApexBuilt Catted DP | VRSF FMIC | Zeitronix Flexfuel Kit | KateCool Oil Cooler | Variant Wheels | Conti DWS06+ |
Appreciate 1
      09-15-2021, 12:54 AM   #21
crystalworks
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukhk527 View Post
Man after seeing your video, I need to order wider flares ASAP.
It's a subtle, but very "total package" type of mod. Any X5 with factory offset 20" wheels should have them.
Appreciate 1
sukhk5272168.00
      09-15-2021, 08:28 AM   #22
Ascotgrun
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X5

Completely changed the look of the car. The cost of buying and painting fender flares etc made me reject a few cars when I was looking. I ultimately wound up finding a sport model, but I actually prefer the front bumper of the non-sports especially when they have a splitter added.
Appreciate 1
sukhk5272168.00