BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

02-03-2015, 08:22 PM   #1
mikikuki7
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Searching for X6M or M8

Auxiliary Ventilation!

So, today was in the 50s and I was messing with the BMW while in class. What I noticed, was weird. I saw a new tab, a fan tab.

I pressed it and asked me to set the time and ventilation. Attached is a pic.

Is it possible that it was warming the interior when sent? When I got into my X5 I saw curved flowing air arrows in the ventilation system... Any thoughts?

I noticed warm air coming out, just don't know if it was because I drove it 2 hours prior to parking it outside.

Thanks!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-03-2015, 08:23 PM   #2
mikikuki7
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Here is another pic of the departure time, when I tap it....
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-03-2015, 08:47 PM   #3
jman26
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 X5 msport active steer

Garage List
2015 F15  [0.00]
This is the same function that is on your I drive system to set a departure time for air circulation. It now allows you to activate it remotely either in demand or via a specified time. U detest and all this does is start air circulating in the cabin. It doesn't heat or cool the car. It is good on a hot summer day to help the car cool down a little before you arrive.

This app update unfortunately also came with the removal of the list view on Google search for navigation destinations. This was a major disappointment as it was the best part of the whole app.

I actually called bmw na and it seems they added this function back in the past week.
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2015, 10:05 PM   #4
mikikuki7
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jman26
This is the same function that is on your I drive system to set a departure time for air circulation. It now allows you to activate it remotely either in demand or via a specified time. U detest and all this does is start air circulating in the cabin. It doesn't heat or cool the car. It is good on a hot summer day to help the car cool down a little before you arrive.

This app update unfortunately also came with the removal of the list view on Google search for navigation destinations. This was a major disappointment as it was the best part of the whole app.

I actually called bmw na and it seems they added this function back in the past week.
I just noticed that the windows got foggy. Sucks that they just couldn't add like a electrical heater. Thanks for the help!

This section is now closed.
Appreciate 0