ky_soldier
General of The Universe
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i8

Garage List
2015 BMW i8  [9.00]
My BMW tracking is a joke

Keep logging in to check vehicle productions status and get "We are currently processing your order and will inform you once your BMW enters production."

Meanwhile the car was built three days ago, at VPC, and my dealer should have it by Mon/Tue lol. Taking delivery Fri
1946 Willys CJ-2A
2009 Ferrari 612 Scaglietti OTO
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2015, 09:26 AM   #2
tastelid
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2016 X5M

yep, website sucks. phone tracking is marginally better...
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2015, 10:14 AM   #3
JNoSol
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 750 MSPORT & E90M3

Congrats and welcome.
      11-14-2015, 11:13 AM   #4
Samurai of 2day
Major
Rep
Drives: '22 X6M/'21 S1Krr

Quote:
Originally Posted by ky_soldier
Keep logging in to check vehicle productions status and get "We are currently processing your order and will inform you once your BMW enters production."

Meanwhile the car was built three days ago, at VPC, and my dealer should have it by Mon/Tue lol. Taking delivery Fri
I agree with you. That tracking system needs to be monitored more closely by those guys.

My car is still the Production phase on the tracker, but I'm picking up my car in NY on Monday.

Go figure.
      11-14-2015, 11:58 AM   #5
NickRac
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018

MyBMW in general is very poorly built/coded.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2015, 12:44 PM   #6
Luca42
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: AMG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai of 2day View Post
I agree with you. That tracking system needs to be monitored more closely by those guys.

My car is still the Production phase on the tracker, but I'm picking up my car in NY on Monday.

Go figure.
Add me to the mix. I got my information from UrbanExtant who, while he was at our dealer, heard that my car entered production. The production phase is set to end on Monday. My tracker is still reading that it entered the system.

Looking to pick up on Dec. 1.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2015, 02:17 PM   #7
Samurai of 2day
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luca42
Quote:

Go figure.
Add me to the mix. I got my information from UrbanExtant who, while he was at our dealer, heard that my car entered production. The production phase is set to end on Monday. My tracker is still reading that it entered the system.

Looking to pick up on Dec. 1.
Nice! I'm sure we can agree that what the tracker shows means nothing, just as long as we can drive off in our new toys sooner than later.

The consensus on this forum is calling the 1-800 number is the best route to go, when you want to know where your car is at any given moment.
      11-14-2015, 02:29 PM   #8
tastelid
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2016 X5M

And then tracking it via the various railroads or trucking companies, once it ships!
      11-14-2015, 03:32 PM   #9
Luca42
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Nice! I'm sure we can agree that what the tracker shows means nothing, just as long as we can drive off in our new toys sooner than later.

The consensus on this forum is calling the 1-800 number is the best route to go, when you want to know where your car is at any given moment.
So true! Who cares what the tracker says when you're in your car! Look at Tastelid! He's had his car for less than a week and he's already been all over the Pacific Northwest! 800+ miles! Do you think he's checked his tracker once since then?
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2015, 03:40 PM   #10
Luca42
Lieutenant
Rep

This is what I've been looking at for the past two months:
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-14-2015, 05:03 PM   #11
Samurai of 2day
Major
Rep

Quote:
If it won't hurt you financially, and you are in an area where you can have some fun with that thing, go ahead and pull the trigger.

That is an awesome build and a beautiful machine!

Send that to your CA, and hopefully you will be smiling ear to ear when your right foot is on the gas in a few weeks time.

Edit: Sorry, you are already standing by for that thing. Post pictures when you pick it up!
      11-14-2015, 05:16 PM   #12
ky_soldier
General of The Universe
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i8

Garage List
2015 BMW i8  [9.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luca42 View Post
yep. me too. lol.
1946 Willys CJ-2A
2009 Ferrari 612 Scaglietti OTO
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2015, 06:31 PM   #13
Luca42
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
If it won't hurt you financially, and you are in an area where you can have some fun with that thing, go ahead and pull the trigger.

Send that to your CA, and hopefully you will be smiling ear to ear when your right foot is on the gas in a few weeks time.

Edit: Sorry, you are already standing by for that thing. Post pictures when you pick it up!
I will. Guaranteed.

What's are you looking to get on Monday? Tell us your build, Samurai.
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2015, 08:59 AM   #14
Samurai of 2day
Major
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

I will. Guaranteed.

What's are you looking to get on Monday? Tell us your build, Samurai.
It was a tough choice, but after a LOT of internal struggle... I chose to go with the X6 50i, over an X6M.

I stand by my choice, even though, on the rare occasion when I see an x5M or X6M, I have a slight case of remorse, lol.

Over all, I couldn't justify the price tag on the M because I just wouldn't get my money's worth out of that thing around here. My current 650 is already over powered for the driving conditions within the 5 boroughs, so I'm sure the X6 50i will be the same.

My build is a 2016 X6 50i M sport in Space Gray exterior and the coral red/black interior. I wanted it to look aggressive and sporty, with a slight touch of refinement in the inside, so I checked off all of the options and packages, all except for the B&O sound system.

Delivery is expected to be tomorrow, so I'm losing sleep since Friday because that Damn car keeps me up at night, now that I'm so close to driving her away, lol
      11-15-2015, 09:16 AM   #15
Luca42
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
It was a tough choice, but after a LOT of internal struggle... I chose to go with the X6 50i, over an X6M.

I stand by my choice, even though, on the rare occasion when I see an x5M or X6M, I have a slight case of remorse, lol.

Over all, I couldn't justify the price tag on the M because I just wouldn't get my money's worth out of that thing around here. My current 650 is already over powered for the driving conditions within the 5 boroughs, so I'm sure the X6 50i will be the same.

My build is a 2016 X6 50i M sport in Space Gray exterior and the coral red/black interior. I wanted it to look aggressive and sporty, with a slight touch of refinement in the inside, so I checked off all of the options and packages, all except for the B&O sound system.

Delivery is expected to be tomorrow, so I'm losing sleep since Friday because that Damn car keeps me up at night, now that I'm so close to driving her away, lol
Samurai,

That sounds like a GREAT build! You won't be disappointed. That interior is stellar -- I think BMW's colors are top notch and their reds are all amazing. Get ready to receive compliments on that interior.

I found out Friday morning that my car was actually being built. I was then told I can pick it up December 1 (I'm taking delivery at the Performance Center in SC). What formerly was some undetermined date in the future is now fixed at just over two weeks from today. I've waited so long that two weeks seems like not enough time to prepare. I'll have travel for the holiday (to your neck of the woods, actually) and then I'll be heading down to pick up the car.

Make sure you post some pics on delivery -- we'd love to see. Rest up!
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2015, 09:28 AM   #16
jhnmcdrmtt
Rep
Drives: 2013 G550

How many days/weeks was it from "order submit" to receipt? (approx). I have a G550 and want to trade it in for the x5m but they dont have the set up I desire in NYC. Also - if I go to a dealer for the custom build - is the price negotiable (or as listed on bmw.com)? Can't wait to join this club of M!
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2015, 09:44 AM   #17
Samurai of 2day
Major
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Samurai,

That sounds like a GREAT build! You won't be disappointed. That interior is stellar -- I think BMW's colors are top notch and their reds are all amazing. Get ready to receive compliments on that interior.

I found out Friday morning that my car was actually being built. I was then told I can pick it up December 1 (I'm taking delivery at the Performance Center in SC). What formerly was some undetermined date in the future is now fixed at just over two weeks from today. I've waited so long that two weeks seems like not enough time to prepare. I'll have travel for the holiday (to your neck of the woods, actually) and then I'll be heading down to pick up the car.

Thank you very much my friend. I agree with you on the interior of the X5/X6. Very well laid out design, with lots of technology to play with and customize.

That's cool you are going to the Performance Center in SC for delivering. That's a great opportunity to see what your new toy can actually do, without getting in trouble with the law, lol. Then on the drive back, you can get familiar with your personal car, while getting those break in miles out the way.

I will post lots of pics when I get my car, and looking forward to seeing your set up as well. Those X5M seats are just awesome. You will not be disappointed.

If you are in the NYC area and need help with anything, let me know.
      11-15-2015, 09:48 AM   #18
Samurai of 2day
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhnmcdrmtt
How many days/weeks was it from "order submit" to receipt? (approx). I have a G550 and want to trade it in for the x5m but they dont have the set up I desire in NYC. Also - if I go to a dealer for the custom build - is the price negotiable (or as listed on bmw.com)? Can't wait to join this club of M!
The turn around time is pretty quick. I placed my build order on October 20th. Production started on November 2nd, and now the car is ready for pick on on November 16.

Looks like it takes about a months time from production start to delivery.

Keep in mind that your location might have an effect on that time, and it is possible that a full M may take a bit longer possibly.
      11-15-2015, 09:54 AM   #19
UrbanExtant
Captain
Rep
Drives: F82 M4 Comp Pack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luca42 View Post
Samurai,

Congrats on the December 1 delivery date!!!! I'm happy for you that the date has been set to end the months long torture you've gone through trying to get this vehicle. I'm glad you were finally able to get in touch with people who were dedicated to making this happen for you.
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2015, 10:00 AM   #20
Luca42
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Thank you very much my friend. I agree with you on the interior of the X5/X6. Very well laid out design, with lots of technology to play with and customize.

That's cool you are going to the Performance Center in SC for delivering. That's a great opportunity to see what your new toy can actually do, without getting in trouble with the law, lol. Then on the drive back, you can get familiar with your personal car, while getting those break in miles out the way.

I will post lots of pics when I get my car, and looking forward to seeing your set up as well. Those X5M seats are just awesome. You will not be disappointed.

If you are in the NYC area and need help with anything, let me know.
Will do.
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2015, 10:19 AM   #21
Luca42
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanExtant View Post
Congrats on the December 1 delivery date!!!! I'm happy for you that the date has been set to end the months long torture you've gone through trying to get this vehicle. I'm glad you were finally able to get in touch with people who were dedicated to making this happen for you.
Urban,

James gave me that date as the earliest to pick up the car. If I don't pick it up then, work will prevent me from picking it up before Dec. 15. Problem is that I have meetings on the 1st too. Trying to shuffle now.

If I do get it to work, it might be ideal. I will be on a business trip (to NYC) for a week and I can drop the car off to get all the essentials done (paint correction, XPEL, ceramic coating, M Performance grills, ejector seats* (*making sure you're paying attention ).

It's all good.
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2015, 02:17 PM   #22
Samurai of 2day
Major
Rep

Here she is! Not a full on ///M, but. I promised Luca I would post pics when I picked this beauty up. Lot's of plans in the works to make this thing unique.

2016 X6 50i M sport
Space Gray exterior / Coral red+Black interior