BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

10-02-2018, 07:34 AM   #1
dak1511
DAK 2014 X5
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 X5, Space Gray.

Adaptive Headlight Broken, F15

I recently had my driver's side Xenon bulb go out, so last night was out replacing both driver and passenger. When I got to the passenger side, the metal electronics housing which comes with and is attached to the xenon bulb was loose and spinning freely. The bulb was in place, but the metal ring which seats against the lighting housing with a 1/4 turn, was broken. That said, I was able to pull the electronics box out, but the bulb was threaded into the housing and wouldn't come out. I ended up taking some small needle nosed pliers and was able to back the metal ring and bulb out a 1/4 turn and pop it out. Here's the bad part...
When pulling hard on the pliers to get the old bulb to unseat, I believe I broke some part of the adaptive headlight system, as the bulb housing now floats freely from left to right and I'm getting an error code on the dash. "Adaptive Headlight Malfunction". Can anyone tell me what I might have broken, and how to fix or what to replace?

Thank you!
Appreciate 0