BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

12-14-2021, 12:29 AM   #111
Wojti_
Banned
Rep
Drives: BMW F11, G30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilled View Post
kubax86 So with the OEM apple carplay, what's the go with the revers camera and the front/360 for the PDC.

As in, with the after market MMI(andream), revers automatically triggers the revers camera and brings it on the screen. However for frontal/PDC you have to manually switch to the iDrvie view/ toggle the 360Camera option. There is no auto switch over to the camera view with frontal PDC.

Is this the same with OEM Carplay, as in if I am in carplay view, and I approach something, it still wont switch over to the 360 view.

Also with the OEM, does the touchscreen work in the CarPlay view?
Carplay and camera will work like for OEM codings/fsc. If need carplay, order enet cable an possible is activate. Of course wifi in car necessary, send me vin pm I will check if you not sure if exist.
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2022, 02:09 PM   #112
davidweili
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 F15 2018 35d

Quote:
Originally Posted by kubax86 View Post
PM sent
I have the same problem, can you contact me as well? Thanks
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2022, 06:12 AM   #113
worldmast3r
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW X5

Garage List
2016 BMW X5  [0.00]
Anyone in chicago area can do this for 2016 X5?
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2022, 09:11 AM   #114
donniemcm
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 F15

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by starwilling View Post
Just enabled the Apple CarPlay in a F15. It is pretty easy and low risk if you do it correctly. There are a few steps to enable this, I will describe them in details, hopefully this can help those who want this function or work on it.

1. Make sure you have the hardware, the WLAN Aerial Repair Lead. If not, you need to buy one and install it, it costs about $35 from the dealer or ebay.
A. The location of the WLAN connector in the NBT EVO unit:

Pin#7 is the WLAN Aerial PIN, and you will see a "WLAN" close to that pin location. If this pin is connected, you are good, if not, you need to buy one and just plug it in.

B. The Piece that I bought from eBay.

Part# is 61119278133, this is not dedicated for F15, but it works.
If you wanted to buy the exact part for F15, please refer to the website realoem.

C. How to open your central console, check or install the WLAN aerial.
This is a good video and it has everything you need to know how to do it.

Up to here, the hardware part is done.

2. FSC Coding
There are two ways to get the FSC for Apple CarPlay, one is buy it from BMW AG, not sure how much this will cost, the other is to buy a fake full set of FSC and patch them to NBT unit. PS: You may need to pay to get the fake set as this requires specialties. I was lucky and got a friend that could it do it for me for free.

A. For the genuine FSC from BMW AG, you can follow the link here to inject it to your car:

https://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=674597

B. For the fake FSC set (this is what I used).
First obtain the full set of the FSC, it must be a full set, as you have to patch your NBT and import FSC for each functions, such as navigation. If you do not have full set, please not do it, you will end up with trouble. Here is all the FSCs that I got for my car, you will also receive a BIN file to patch the NBT.

Once you obtained the full set of fake FSC, you need to do the following.
A. Plug USB formatted FAT32 with your .bin file into the central console usb port.
B. Waited for about 30 seconds, reboot the HU manually.
C. Do nothing until the HU reboot automatically.
D. Do a Manual reboot on the HU again.

At this point, you NBT is patched, and you are ready to inject the FSC set into your NBT.
A. Use ENET cable connect car to ESYS.
B. Import FSC to your car:

E-Sys => Comfort Mode => FSC => FSC Field:
Load FSC Code (e.g. xxxxxxx_006F0001.fsc. The FSC Code file must first be Base 64 Decoded or else ESys can not read it. (Use B64Dec for Decoding - http://4mhz.de/b64dec.html ).
Base decoded file must be named the same exact file name as the undecoded file name, however save to a different folder, so you do not get confused as to which is decoded and which is not!!

FA Field: Select "Read FA" to use cars current VO.
Parameter Fields: (Example for Sat Radio FSC Code and CIC):
Diagnostic Address (hex) = 0x63 (for HU_NBT)
Application Number (dec) = 111 (6F in Hexidecimal - In FSC File Name, e.g xxxxxxx_006F0001.fsc, this is the number for each FSC)
Base Variant = HU_NBT2
Upgrade Index = 0x01 (In FSC File Name, e.g xxxxxxx_006F0001.fsc))
Select "Upgrade FSC" to Import and Activate FSC Code.
Select "Check FSC Status", and you should see the following in the list that appears:
----------
AppID 111
UpgradeIndex 1
SWTType SWTclassic full
FSCStatus accepted ! MUST SHOW ACCEPTED
FSCCertStatus accepted ! MUST SHOW ACCEPTED

PLEASE REPEAT AND DO THIS FOR ALL FSCs FOR YOUR CAR!

3. ESYS Coding:
A. Added 6CP in PA and made sure there were 6CP and 6NS, VO coded HU_NBT2
B. FDL code the following
• HU_NBT_EVO > EXBOX 3001 > wert_255 = FF
• HU_NBT_EVO > SYSTEM_EINSTELLUNGEN 3004 > CARPLAY_SWT = aktiv
• HU_NBT_EVO > TELEFON_TELEMATIK_ONLINE 3003 > WLAN_DIAGNOSE = aktiv

4. Connect Phone to CAR for CARPlay
A. Remove Bluetooth connections both in car and phone.
B. Connect Phone to car using carplay.

5. Here We GO!

In the end, I found CarPlay is not very useful as we have RTTI in NAV but it is fun to have it for $35, isn't it?
I have a 2018 F15 with Wireless Apple Carplay. Is there a way to connect my Android phone (without going the MMI road)?

More details about my use case in this thread.
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2022, 04:04 PM   #115
kubax86
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by donniemcm View Post
I have a 2018 F15 with Wireless Apple Carplay. Is there a way to connect my Android phone (without going the MMI road)?

More details about my use case in this thread.
Only Android Mirroring.
Android Auto impossible
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2022, 06:50 PM   #116
dragoM3
Registered
Rep
Drives: F36 420d

Quote:
Originally Posted by starwilling View Post
Just enabled the Apple CarPlay in a F15. It is pretty easy and low risk if you do it correctly. There are a few steps to enable this, I will describe them in details, hopefully this can help those who want this function or work on it.

1. Make sure you have the hardware, the WLAN Aerial Repair Lead. If not, you need to buy one and install it, it costs about $35 from the dealer or ebay.
A. The location of the WLAN connector in the NBT EVO unit:

Pin#7 is the WLAN Aerial PIN, and you will see a "WLAN" close to that pin location. If this pin is connected, you are good, if not, you need to buy one and just plug it in.

B. The Piece that I bought from eBay.

Part# is 61119278133, this is not dedicated for F15, but it works.
If you wanted to buy the exact part for F15, please refer to the website realoem.

C. How to open your central console, check or install the WLAN aerial.
This is a good video and it has everything you need to know how to do it.

Up to here, the hardware part is done.

2. FSC Coding
There are two ways to get the FSC for Apple CarPlay, one is buy it from BMW AG, not sure how much this will cost, the other is to buy a fake full set of FSC and patch them to NBT unit. PS: You may need to pay to get the fake set as this requires specialties. I was lucky and got a friend that could it do it for me for free.

A. For the genuine FSC from BMW AG, you can follow the link here to inject it to your car:

https://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=674597

B. For the fake FSC set (this is what I used).
First obtain the full set of the FSC, it must be a full set, as you have to patch your NBT and import FSC for each functions, such as navigation. If you do not have full set, please not do it, you will end up with trouble. Here is all the FSCs that I got for my car, you will also receive a BIN file to patch the NBT.

Once you obtained the full set of fake FSC, you need to do the following.
A. Plug USB formatted FAT32 with your .bin file into the central console usb port.
B. Waited for about 30 seconds, reboot the HU manually.
C. Do nothing until the HU reboot automatically.
D. Do a Manual reboot on the HU again.

At this point, you NBT is patched, and you are ready to inject the FSC set into your NBT.
A. Use ENET cable connect car to ESYS.
B. Import FSC to your car:

E-Sys => Comfort Mode => FSC => FSC Field:
Load FSC Code (e.g. xxxxxxx_006F0001.fsc. The FSC Code file must first be Base 64 Decoded or else ESys can not read it. (Use B64Dec for Decoding - http://4mhz.de/b64dec.html ).
Base decoded file must be named the same exact file name as the undecoded file name, however save to a different folder, so you do not get confused as to which is decoded and which is not!!

FA Field: Select "Read FA" to use cars current VO.
Parameter Fields: (Example for Sat Radio FSC Code and CIC):
Diagnostic Address (hex) = 0x63 (for HU_NBT)
Application Number (dec) = 111 (6F in Hexidecimal - In FSC File Name, e.g xxxxxxx_006F0001.fsc, this is the number for each FSC)
Base Variant = HU_NBT2
Upgrade Index = 0x01 (In FSC File Name, e.g xxxxxxx_006F0001.fsc))
Select "Upgrade FSC" to Import and Activate FSC Code.
Select "Check FSC Status", and you should see the following in the list that appears:
----------
AppID 111
UpgradeIndex 1
SWTType SWTclassic full
FSCStatus accepted ! MUST SHOW ACCEPTED
FSCCertStatus accepted ! MUST SHOW ACCEPTED

PLEASE REPEAT AND DO THIS FOR ALL FSCs FOR YOUR CAR!

3. ESYS Coding:
A. Added 6CP in PA and made sure there were 6CP and 6NS, VO coded HU_NBT2
B. FDL code the following
• HU_NBT_EVO > EXBOX 3001 > wert_255 = FF
• HU_NBT_EVO > SYSTEM_EINSTELLUNGEN 3004 > CARPLAY_SWT = aktiv
• HU_NBT_EVO > TELEFON_TELEMATIK_ONLINE 3003 > WLAN_DIAGNOSE = aktiv

4. Connect Phone to CAR for CARPlay
A. Remove Bluetooth connections both in car and phone.
B. Connect Phone to car using carplay.

5. Here We GO!

In the end, I found CarPlay is not very useful as we have RTTI in NAV but it is fun to have it for $35, isn't it?
First of all thank you for the slew of information. Now i know what i got when i paid my eastern european friend 60 bucks for a file to enable carplay.

my question is, what would it take to revert something like this to stock? a full headunit reflash?

all the best
Appreciate 0