Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverik259 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMAN1111 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
You need to get in touch with wreck check.
http://wreckcheckcarscan.com/index.html

They can do the diminished value for you properly. They can deal with the shop for you and make sure your car is fixed properly

These guys are the best. I'm not sure where you live but there is a location in Virginia. Good luck with the repairs.

http://wreckcheckcarscan.com/about_u...hen_hobbs.html
Appreciate it but not quite there yet. As I said they're evaluating it now. But still doesn't solve my dilemma lol
They deal with the whole process not just diminished value...
Ya. Not sure how that's different than my insurance though.
Insurance companies usually don't deal with situations like yours properly. You deserve proper assistance which is why I've seen you're a very active member here and I'm trying to point you in the right direction. These guys saved me last year when a shop was trying to screw me and the insurance. It sounds similar to your story. Anyways one letter from these guys (wreck check) and everybody had a completely different attitude. It doesn't hurt to give them a call. They are VERY CONSUMER FRIENDLY.
Interesting. I'll shoot them an email and see what they say. Thanks.
Just give them a call they're here to help.
Just because an insurance company says or does something doesn't mean they're playing by the rules. Good luck 👍🏻

Some of words of advice. Make sure they check for apron damage at the bottom of it to make sure that it's not cracked. A lot of shops miss cracks at the bottom of the apron.
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2019, 01:45 PM   #112
Maverik259
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 M5 / F15 50i

Garage List
2020 BMW M5  [10.00]
2014 X5 50i  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
You need to get in touch with wreck check.
http://wreckcheckcarscan.com/index.html

They can do the diminished value for you properly. They can deal with the shop for you and make sure your car is fixed properly

These guys are the best. I'm not sure where you live but there is a location in Virginia. Good luck with the repairs.

http://wreckcheckcarscan.com/about_u...hen_hobbs.html
Appreciate it but not quite there yet. As I said they're evaluating it now. But still doesn't solve my dilemma lol
They deal with the whole process not just diminished value...
Ya. Not sure how that's different than my insurance though.
Insurance companies usually don't deal with situations like yours properly. You deserve proper assistance which is why I've seen you're a very active member here and I'm trying to point you in the right direction. These guys saved me last year when a shop was trying to screw me and the insurance. It sounds similar to your story. Anyways one letter from these guys (wreck check) and everybody had a completely different attitude. It doesn't hurt to give them a call. They are VERY CONSUMER FRIENDLY.
Interesting. I'll shoot them an email and see what they say. Thanks.
Just give them a call they're here to help.
Just because an insurance company says or does something doesn't mean they're playing by the rules. Good luck 👍🏻

Some of words of advice. Make sure they check for apron damage at the bottom of it to make sure that it's not cracked. A lot of shops miss cracks at the bottom of the apron.
Which part is the apron. I think they're replacing that due to a dent if I recall. Can't remember the exact label but it's like a diagonal metal piece behind headlight
'14 X5 50i (wife’s now)
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2019, 07:50 PM   #113
Maverik259
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2020 BMW M5  [10.00]
2014 X5 50i  [0.00]
Should be getting the car back Friday. Maybe Monday. They are completely repainting hood and bumper and installing an actual new front fender, wheel arch, and apron support. Blending passenger door and driver front fender. Guess I'm looking forward to having everything wrapped in PPF in 90 days. Good news I know the car is flawless now. Just a shame that convincing anyone else of that down the line will be impossible.
'14 X5 50i (wife’s now)
Appreciate 1
Russmov1328.00
      09-24-2019, 10:24 PM   #114
Russmov
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW X5 xDrive 35i

Garage List
2015 BMW X5  [0.00]
Quote:
Should be getting the car back Friday. Maybe Monday. They are completely repainting hood and bumper and installing an actual new front fender, wheel arch, and apron support. Blending passenger door and driver front fender. Guess I'm looking forward to having everything wrapped in PPF in 90 days. Good news I know the car is flawless now. Just a shame that convincing anyone else of that down the line will be impossible.
Yeah probably have to drive it TIL the wheels fall off. Plus side, our generation of X5's are going to age gracefully, while the G05...not so much. Glad that you are at least almost done with this chapter.
Appreciate 1
Maverik2594140.00
      09-25-2019, 05:19 PM   #115
Maverik259
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2020 BMW M5  [10.00]
2014 X5 50i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russmov View Post
Quote:
Yeah probably have to drive it TIL the wheels fall off. Plus side, our generation of X5's are going to age gracefully, while the G05...not so much. Glad that you are at least almost done with this chapter.
Ya agreed. Which is why after some thinking I'm not attempting to convince my wife to "buy" the X5 from me. Basically refinance it. The monthly I'm paying is more than she's looking to pay for a car. She wants a rav4 or Highlander so not really the same price point. But given I only owe $29k on it. Then I could sell it to her at cost and we keep a nearly brand new suv in the family and then I can move back to a car. Maybe an F10 M5.
'14 X5 50i (wife’s now)
Appreciate 1
Russmov1328.00
      10-04-2019, 01:42 PM   #116
Maverik259
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2020 BMW M5  [10.00]
2014 X5 50i  [0.00]
Got the car back last night. One of the best paint jobs I've ever seen. Very happy with that fact. Guys at the bmw body shop really took care of me. Still have mixed feelings about it not being totaled but I'm trying to convince my wife to buy it from me to essentially refinance it to a payment that works for her. It's still under platinum warranty for the next 4 years so I'm good with keeping the car and it's essentially half a new car. Car feels great to drive again. Although my damn idrive knob is binding again after 30k miles. Insane. First one lasted 19k and this one 30k. Clearly a crap design. I will be removing the plastic trim soon. Although I'm quite sure it's covered under warranty. But whatever.
'14 X5 50i (wife’s now)
Appreciate 4
NYC_X5371.00
Russmov1328.00
      10-04-2019, 01:45 PM   #117
pennsiveguy
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15 xDrive50i M-sport

Garage List
Quote:
Got the car back last night. One of the best paint jobs I've ever seen. Very happy with that fact. Guys at the bmw body shop really took care of me. Still have mixed feelings about it not being totaled but I'm trying to convince my wife to buy it from me to essentially refinance it to a payment that works for her. It's still under platinum warranty for the next 4 years so I'm good with keeping the car and it's essentially half a new car. Car feels great to drive again. Although my damn idrive knob is binding again after 30k miles. Insane. First one lasted 19k and this one 30k. Clearly a crap design. I will be removing the plastic trim soon. Although I'm quite sure it's covered under warranty. But whatever.
Glad your ordeal is finally over, and with a good outcome. I can imagine how nice it must feel to have her back.
      10-04-2019, 05:53 PM   #118
Russmov
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW X5 xDrive 35i

Garage List
2015 BMW X5  [0.00]
Quote:
The positive is that you know the history of the vehicle. Probably a good idea to have your wife "buy" it instead of explaining the damages to a stealership or private buyer. Happy you can finally move on from this ordeal buddy!
Appreciate 1
Maverik2594140.00