BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

11-30-2022, 10:46 AM   #45
Fus10nv2
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Bmw 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eunoterpsia View Post
So what I read is - you are not an idiot and their product and/ or directions are not dialed in for the $600 you paid.

Disappointing at best - given the key situation.
Seems that way, support advised jumpers are good and asked for one final pic of the connections in their harnesses (I triple checked all of them, and tested continuity so unless I can't read, they are fine)

Seems like faulty logic, either the board isn't receiving/interpreting the unlock signal correctly, or it is and its not sending the shutdown command correctly (given it turns on just fine, I don't think this would be the issue).

On my initial call to them, he did mention this is a "very new product" so seems like I am a beta tester.
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2022, 10:48 AM   #46
Fus10nv2
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomcat_F15_STL View Post
Any update on this? I find it very interesting the possibility to disable the eurodumb engine shutoff when you open the door!
Support got back to me, said jumpers are fine. I quickly look at the PCB I think the relays go to the key harness, possibly for a different key.....I am curious as to what they functionality of those jumpers are so I'll do some continuity testing to see if they are being sent to the car or keyfob later.
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2022, 12:20 PM   #47
Fus10nv2
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fus10nv2 View Post
On my initial call to them, he did mention this is a "very new product" so seems like I am a beta tester.
Deff a beta tester, support is reaching out to dev team.
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2022, 07:15 PM   #48
Tomcat_F15_STL
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW F15

Quote:
Deff a beta tester, support is reaching out to dev team.
I wonder why your install is different. What year is your Bimmer?
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2022, 09:17 PM   #49
Fus10nv2
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
I wonder why your install is different. What year is your Bimmer?
2017 x5 35i loaded w/ 3rd row
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2022, 10:51 PM   #50
Tomcat_F15_STL
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
2017 x5 35i loaded w/ 3rd row
Hrmm. I'm awaiting delivery of a spare key before attempting install on wifey's 2018.
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2022, 10:58 PM   #51
Fus10nv2
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Hrmm. I'm awaiting delivery of a spare key before attempting install on wifey's 2018.
Hopefully goes better than mine is, wife's car as well...was trying to surprise her, obviously didn't go well lol
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2022, 09:16 AM   #52
Fus10nv2
Enlisted Member
Rep

Support is sending me a replacement. Definitely annoying, assuming it is a defective unit, the important thing for me is how well they have handled the situation thus far. Replies within 2 hours (most within 15min), very frictionless to get to this point. It's impossible to have 100 % QC, how support handles cases like this is far more important to me.

This assumes, it is a defective module lol. Will update when new one comes

Last edited by Fus10nv2; 12-01-2022 at 09:23 AM..
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2022, 11:49 AM   #53
Tomcat_F15_STL
First Lieutenant
Rep

Thanks for keeping us in the loop!
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2022, 04:42 PM   #54
Tomcat_F15_STL
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
This assumes, it is a defective module lol. Will update when new one comes
A question occurred to me..

Did you install it using the pdf or the video? Or, both?
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2022, 05:23 PM   #55
Fus10nv2
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:

The video & PDF are out of order, the PDF is more accurate. The video skips over steps like putting the cables from the provided harness back into the connector.

I basically watched the video, found the pages in the PDF corresponding to the current spot in the video and followed both for the first two connectors. It really just rinses & repeat. Once I got the hang of it, I just followed the PDF.

I would say watch the video before install, and then follow the PDF during installation (PDF has the colors of the wires which helps with identifying pins).

Following the grounding position from the video, I pulled the airbag out from under the glove box and didn't find the bracket the PDF refers to, grounding it to the screw they say in the video works fine (I confirmed continuity to ground lead).

One connector is a pain in the ass though. It's the last one in the video, to the left of the fuses it's tight with the carpet in place. I took a white bracket holding the carpet in place out so I can bend the carpet a little better to get to it...apart from that it's pretty easy.

Just take your time and double-check everything. Also, you will want foam squares or a yoga mat to kneel on. As well as a headlamp found that way easier to work with than setting up a light. Oh and take pics of the orientation of the connectors inside the housing so you know which goes on which side when sliding them back in.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2022, 05:32 PM   #56
Tomcat_F15_STL
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
The video & PDF are out of order, the PDF is more accurate. The video skips over steps like putting the cables from the provided harness back into the connector.
All good advice, thanks.

I was asking out of concern that the wire pin numbers or colors may have been a mismatch between the video and the pdf?
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2022, 05:34 PM   #57
Fus10nv2
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
All good advice, thanks.

I was asking out of concern that the wire pin numbers or colors may have been a mismatch between the video and the pdf?
ohhh Yes, basically completely different. Follow wire colors from PDF for sure that one threw me off when I started.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2022, 05:35 PM   #58
Tomcat_F15_STL
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
ohhh Yes, basically completely different. Follow wire colors from PDF for sure that one threw me off when I started.
was this the video?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2Iul6CIJ-c
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2022, 05:36 PM   #59
Fus10nv2
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
All good advice, thanks.

was this the video?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2Iul6CIJ-c
Yup, that was the video.

You doing your install soon? They shipped my replacement today, assuming fedex doesn't lose it I'll have it on Tuesday.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2022, 05:37 PM   #60
Tomcat_F15_STL
First Lieutenant
Rep

..waiting on a key fob, myself.

You'll know in a few minutes whether you got a bad part - just needing to replace the module & snapping in the connectors.

I am on the edge of my seat waiting to hear how you resolve it!

Last edited by Tomcat_F15_STL; 12-02-2022 at 07:33 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2022, 12:19 PM   #61
Vdesai0326
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW X5

Garage List
2015 bmw x5  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:

I basically watched the video, found the pages in the PDF corresponding to the current spot in the video and followed both for the first two connectors. It really just rinses & repeat. Once I got the hang of it, I just followed the PDF.

I would say watch the video before install, and then follow the PDF during installation (PDF has the colors of the wires which helps with identifying pins).

Following the grounding position from the video, I pulled the airbag out from under the glove box and didn't find the bracket the PDF refers to, grounding it to the screw they say in the video works fine (I confirmed continuity to ground lead).

One connector is a pain in the ass though. It's the last one in the video, to the left of the fuses it's tight with the carpet in place. I took a white bracket holding the carpet in place out so I can bend the carpet a little better to get to it...apart from that it's pretty easy.

Just take your time and double-check everything. Also, you will want foam squares or a yoga mat to kneel on. As well as a headlamp found that way easier to work with than setting up a light. Oh and take pics of the orientation of the connectors inside the housing so you know which goes on which side when sliding them back in.
Yea I had the same issue with the ground. I ended up pulling the carpet back more the get to the ground junction on the floor. If you get a chance would you be able to upload a pic of the ground you used?

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2022, 12:51 PM   #62
X3rd Time Is a Charm
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 2018 X3 GO1

Garage List
2018 BMW X3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vdesai0326 View Post
Yea I had the same issue with the ground. I ended up pulling the carpet back more the get to the ground junction on the floor. If you get a chance would you be able to upload a pic of the ground you used?

Thanks
I’ve also recently ordered a kit and spare fob for my 2018 X3 . The key fob has been shipped but the remote kit hasn’t. I ordered it a week ago and they emailed me the install information. Going over it I noticed a mistake on wire color and informed them of it . They have corrected it in a new email, I just hope the rest of the information is correct. You’re playing around with the BDC , it’s not a toy . I was just wondering on how long it took to get the kit , I see the fob was shipped from Poland no sure where the kit is coming from. Support didn’t really seem to think the mistake of the wire color was a big deal ? I asked them if I was the first to do a install on a GOi and I’m not . Just not sure why the mistake wasn’t corrected previously . Scary part is that they didn’t seem to have a sense of urgency about the instruction mistake .
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2022, 04:13 PM   #63
Tomcat_F15_STL
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by X3rd Time Is a Charm View Post
Going over it I noticed a mistake on wire color and informed them of it .
To answer your question..

my remote kit took four days to arrive from DHL Hong Kong to St. Louis.

Please share the connector and wire color problem you identified with us. I wonder if it applies only to X3s? How did you locate the error?
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2022, 06:16 PM   #64
Vdesai0326
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW X5

Garage List
2015 bmw x5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by X3rd Time Is a Charm View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vdesai0326 View Post

Thanks
I’ve also recently ordered a kit and spare fob for my 2018 X3 . The key fob has been shipped but the remote kit hasn’t. I ordered it a week ago and they emailed me the install information. Going over it I noticed a mistake on wire color and informed them of it . They have corrected it in a new email, I just hope the rest of the information is correct. You’re playing around with the BDC , it’s not a toy . I was just wondering on how long it took to get the kit , I see the fob was shipped from Poland no sure where the kit is coming from. Support didn’t really seem to think the mistake of the wire color was a big deal ? I asked them if I was the first to do a install on a GOi and I’m not . Just not sure why the mistake wasn’t corrected previously . Scary part is that they didn’t seem to have a sense of urgency about the instruction mistake .
Yea one of the wires in the instructions was misprinted I want to say. It was for the last or second to last connector in the repair instructions. I did let them know but unsure of them actually updating the repair instructions
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2022, 08:36 PM   #65
X3rd Time Is a Charm
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2018 BMW X3  [10.00]
Quote:

Please share the connector and wire color problem you identified with us. I wonder if it applies only to X3s? How did you locate the error?
The mistake was on pages 18 & 19 , they were telling me to insert a green with a white tracer into the BimmerTech connector and it never mentions that wire being removed. You would think that it would have been corrected being they told me I wasn’t the first to notice it .
Sapphire Black 2013 X3 28i ,
Jet Black 2007 X3 3.0 Liter
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2022, 08:39 PM   #66
X3rd Time Is a Charm
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2018 BMW X3  [10.00]
Quote:

I ordered mine 6 days ago and it still hasn’t shipped
Sapphire Black 2013 X3 28i ,
Jet Black 2007 X3 3.0 Liter
Appreciate 0