12-21-2022, 08:51 PM   #89
zhp pilot
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2017 X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vdesai0326 View Post
Can BimmerCode be used??
That screenshot is from Bimmercode's website under seat heating. https://www.bimmercode.app/cars/f15/
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2022, 09:56 PM   #90
Vdesai0326
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW X5

Garage List
2015 bmw x5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by zhp pilot View Post
Quote:
Can BimmerCode be used??
That screenshot is from Bimmercode's website under seat heating. https://www.bimmercode.app/cars/f15/
Thanks will do it tomorrow
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2022, 01:27 PM   #91
PGH_X5
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 xdrive50i M Sport

Installed my kit this morning in about 2.5 hours (2016 X5) just in time for zero degree temps hitting us now. Ordered early last week at it was here in 3 days from Dubai.

Instructions (PDF dated Nov-21, 2022 were perfect down to every last wire color. The video is definitely helpful for a visual on how to do things but believe there are some wire colors off there. It may seem daunting at first but once you rewire one connector and see how it's done then its a breeze after. Just go slow and triple check your wires lining up (colors/pins).

Does anyone know what happens if the Bimmertech box craps out? Can the car still be started normally? We've played with quite a few wires in the factory harness.
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2022, 04:05 PM   #92
debgordon713_
Banned
Rep
Drives: BMW

Good to know there are all these ways.
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2022, 11:33 PM   #93
Maverik259
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 M5 / F15 50i

Garage List
2020 BMW M5  [10.00]
2014 X5 50i  [0.00]
My kit arrived yesterday. Hoping to have time to install tomorrow if my wife lets me get out of cleaning the house for Christmas dinner. Haha if not then Monday it is.
'14 X5 50i (wife’s now)
Appreciate 1
PGH_X562.50
      12-25-2022, 02:50 PM   #94
Vdesai0326
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW X5

Garage List
2015 bmw x5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by zhp pilot View Post
Quote:
Can BimmerCode be used??
Merry Christmas and happy holidays everyone.
So I switched both drivers and passengers seat to unlimited, coded but drivers seat doesn't go to the saved setting from when I last drove vehicle, passenger seat does. When going back to check status of settings with BimmerCode, both say unlimited. Any input??
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2022, 04:20 PM   #95
Fus10nv2
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Bmw 328i

Quote:
So I switched both drivers and passengers seat to unlimited, coded but drivers seat doesn't go to the saved setting from when I last drove vehicle, passenger seat does. When going back to check status of settings with BimmerCode, both say unlimited. Any input??
I have been having constant problems since installing.

My first unit did not turn the car off after unlocking/opening the door, and hitting trunk 3x didn't turn the car off. Additionally, Windows/Sunroof doesn't auto close, intelligent seat position doesn't work properly.

After confirming with support everything was wired properly and getting a replacement, the car now turns off when unlocking/opening the door. However, windows & sunroof still don't close when open despite enabling the feature properly as confirmed by support, and intelligent seat position still doesn't work right.

A more serious issue I am experiencing is after doing remote start, and getting in the car it turns it self off as it should.

However, after turning the car back on via push to start, the car sometimes turns itself off! It has happened to me 4 times so far in the last month.

Tech support when I contacted them about my first issue said "This is a very new product" and have been "working on it" for the windows/sunroof/random shut off issues for a few weeks now.

This is really bad. I would advise anyone on the fence not to buy this, I am probably going to return it who knows what else its doing to the cars computer systems.
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2022, 04:21 PM   #96
Fus10nv2
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverik259 View Post
My kit arrived yesterday. Hoping to have time to install tomorrow if my wife lets me get out of cleaning the house for Christmas dinner. Haha if not then Monday it is.
I wouldn't, see my reply above. I have been having constant issues. Tech support confirmed everything is installed properly and justified the issues by saing "it's a very new product". Unacceptable.
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2022, 04:23 PM   #97
Fus10nv2
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomcat_F15_STL View Post
To answer your question..

my remote kit took four days to arrive from DHL Hong Kong to St. Louis.

Please share the connector and wire color problem you identified with us. I wonder if it applies only to X3s? How did you locate the error?
Have you experienced the car just shutting it self off? You remote start, open the door, it shuts off, then start via push to start and after a few seconds shuts it self off again. It has happened to me 4 times now. Also, auto closing windows/sunroof doesn't work.
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2022, 05:00 PM   #98
PGH_X5
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fus10nv2 View Post
Have you experienced the car just shutting it self off? You remote start, open the door, it shuts off, then start via push to start and after a few seconds shuts it self off again. It has happened to me 4 times now. Also, auto closing windows/sunroof doesn't work.
This is disappointing to hear! X5 install? Is it shutting the car off after push button start while in drive and moving or parked?
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2022, 05:55 PM   #99
Fus10nv2
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGH_X5 View Post
This is disappointing to hear! X5 install? Is it shutting the car off after push button start while in drive and moving or parked?
Yeah, 2017 35i w/ 3rd row loaded (idk if the alarm and other packages have any effect on functionality)

So far it's been only when in park park, but that's just because I do push to start and then go to put my daughter in her car seat so presumably it would do it if the vehicle is in motion as it's roughly a 10 second delay the few times it's happened. So If you were to get in, turn on and go into drive quickly it's possible it will do it...unsure if the vehicle being in drive would inhibit it (I imagine the DME won't allow shutdown while in gear) but can't say for sure.

I also didn't open any additional doors or anything so there was no actions that could trigger it, just a straight glitch. Very concerning, especially with a 2yr old in the car if it decided to just turn the car off while driving.
Appreciate 1
PGH_X562.50
      12-26-2022, 05:58 PM   #100
Fus10nv2
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGH_X5 View Post
Have you tested if the closing of windows/sunroof on lock functions properly on yours?
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2022, 06:05 PM   #101
PGH_X5
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Yeah, 2017 35i w/ 3rd row loaded (idk if the alarm and other packages have any effect on functionality)

So far it's been only when in park park, but that's just because I do push to start and then go to put my daughter in her car seat so presumably it would do it if the vehicle is in motion as it's roughly a 10 second delay the few times it's happened. So If you were to get in, turn on and go into drive quickly it's possible it will do it...unsure if the vehicle being in drive would inhibit it (I imagine the DME won't allow shutdown while in gear) but can't say for sure.

I also didn't open any additional doors or anything so there was no actions that could trigger it, just a straight glitch. Very concerning, especially with a 2yr old in the car if it decided to just turn the car off while driving.
Ok good info. Just wondering if the auto start:stop has anything to do with it. Mine is coded off all the time with bimmercode. Not sure if that actually comes into play while parked.

Quote:
Have you tested if the closing of windows/sunroof on lock functions properly on yours?
Yes, but already had that coded with bimmercode so did not have to go through the bimmer tech procedure. I checked and it still works as does stopping the car with trunk button 3X.
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2022, 09:17 PM   #102
Maverik259
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2020 BMW M5  [10.00]
2014 X5 50i  [0.00]
Quote:
I wouldn't, see my reply above. I have been having constant issues. Tech support confirmed everything is installed properly and justified the issues by saing "it's a very new product". Unacceptable.
Appreciate it but given this is the first and only example of issues I am confident I’ll Be fine. But I’ll keep an eye out. Hardly going to tell people not to buy something based on one negative experience. I would also say the same thing if only one positive experience too.
Hope you get it resolved! Gotta be something about your install or your car it doesn’t mesh with.
'14 X5 50i (wife’s now)
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2022, 01:58 PM   #103
zhp pilot
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2017 X5M

Quote:
Sorry I can't help here. I only know how to push buttons. I didn't try the passenger seat but the driver seat does as it's told.
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2022, 04:57 PM   #104
happydude
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 / F15 X5 35d

Quote:
I just installed it in my F15, starting the car worked perfectly. Had a very interesting issue though, couldn't turn the car off, I had to hit the engine start/stop 3x for it to shut down and when I unlocked the car the engine stayed running.

I think I know why, try this for me to see if its a glitch, don't close one of your doors all the way. When I was packing up my tools I noticed my rear passenger door wasn't latched, I didn't close it all the way, so I suspect that door didn't lock.

I am wondering if this is the issue, having one door not lock.

I am going to to back out to the garage in a bit and try it again to see if that caused this glitch. (its 6am, started the install at 3am wanted to surprise my wife with it today....hopefully, my suspicion is correct and I did not get a faulty unit. Want to have a clear head when I go to diagnose.)

If having one door not lock, or one door unlocked and the remote start not only works, but the extra key remains active this is very dangerous. I think the logic doesn't know how to handle this situation, and the clicking of start/stop 3x triggers the pressing of the button similar to the hitting lock on the key 3x.
Finally got some time to install and I am having a similar issue. Takes 3 times to press the stop button to shut off the engine. And remote start won't work as it says it needs the key held against the steering column. I had my wife test the remote start with me in the car holding the enclosure to the column and the remote start worked. I rechecked all the pins were going to the proper terminals and reached out to support. Hopefully I didn't get a defective unit either. Mine was shipped in July.
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2022, 05:55 PM   #105
Tomcat_F15_STL
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW F15

Did you stuff the box too far up being the glovebox? The fob signal may be getting blocked?

I used a new key with a new battery. Also, registered that fob against the steering column before installation in the box.
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2022, 08:17 PM   #106
happydude
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Did you stuff the box too far up being the glovebox? The fob signal may be getting blocked?

I used a new key with a new battery. Also, registered that fob against the steering column before installation in the box.
It’s my spare key. It can start the car with a battery in it. In fact I swapped them and still had same issue. I even pulled it out and put it in the cupholder and still had same issue. I don’t think it’s getting power. I may have an old unit too. Compared my original installation guide to the new installation guide and the colors of some of the cables from the harness are different but I matched everything per my original instructions. Still waiting for a response from Bimmertech.
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2022, 08:43 PM   #107
Tomcat_F15_STL
First Lieutenant
Rep

Rotten to hear of the problems.

Our '18 F15 is working properly. The only coding change I made with the fob was to extend the idling timeout.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverik259 View Post
Appreciate it but given this is the first and only example of issues I am confident I’ll Be fine.
Maverik259 Did you get yours installed?
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2022, 08:45 PM   #108
Maverik259
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2020 BMW M5  [10.00]
2014 X5 50i  [0.00]
Quote:
Rotten to hear of the problems.

Our '18 F15 is working properly. The only coding change I made with the fob was to extend the idling timeout.

Maverik259 Did you get yours installed?
Not yet. Been too cold here and I don’t have a heated garage. Hoping for later this week when we see 50s
'14 X5 50i (wife’s now)
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2022, 10:50 AM   #109
happydude
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Ok so update. It appears it was user error! I took apart the enclosure and I measured the voltage of the coin adapter while my wife remote started and it jumped up to 3+volts for a short period then off which means its providing power. Next I placed it into the key before securing and putting back into the enclosure and my wife tried it and the car started. I think my problem was the coin adapter wasn't seated properly in the key or got loose as I secured it to the board and screwed them back in the enclosure. I probably did it like 10 times yesterday during my troubleshooting and seemed to mess it up every time... but this time I carefully put it back together and it works.
Appreciate 1
PGH_X562.50
      12-28-2022, 03:54 PM   #110
Tomcat_F15_STL
First Lieutenant
Rep

I was thinking that another place for error would be inserting the ribbon cable upside-down.
Name:  2022-12-28_15-53-23.jpg
Views: 208
Size:  17.2 KB
I ended up stopping the installation video repeatedly until I was certain which way the ribbon had to be inserted into the pcb connector.
Appreciate 1
PGH_X562.50