06-12-2016, 01:40 AM   #1
oojnah
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 X5 50i

How can I ask buyback for my X5 50i ?

Hello Bimmers,

I was posted Drivetrain issue at last weekend. here's my post...
http://f15.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho...php?p=20057891

It's brand new 2016 x5 50i and it's about 8000km so far.
Obviously it is critical safety issue and I never ever want to see that issue in the middle of highway.

Since my x5 towed to the service, they are still looking so far. I've talk with the technician couple of times so far. At first time update from them, they said it's software issue.
Few days later they said fixed software but still have the vibration at the tail.
I have't seen my car for a weeks and they gave me 328i as courtesy car.
I am wonder the courtesy car should be the similar value of my x5?

I just thinking that if it's the software issue, why the issue is pop up only for my car?
I am getting upset and even if they fix the issue somehow, it's never going to like as before. what about if the problem happen again in the future? Once again it's brand new. I am very frustrated and disappointed.

Does anyone experienced this kind of issue and asked buyback?
Please advice me,

Thank you,
H
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2016, 03:33 AM   #2
coolidge
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X5 xDrive 35i

That's why we have lemon laws here in the US. Its not up to the dealer IF a vehicle gets returned as a lemon. The terms are not up to the dealer either the law states what will happen and the terms and if dealers balk we sick a lawyer on them.
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2016, 08:16 AM   #3
iconoclast
Self-Deprecating Narcissist
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Audi BMW Ferrari LR MB

contact BMW and inquire about "trade assist".
Appreciate 1
      06-12-2016, 09:48 AM   #4
luv135i
Major
Rep
Drives: White

Is this the first instance and how long has it been. It sounds like you have a ways to go before you can even think about a buyback
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2016, 02:36 PM   #5
nal13
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M3 xcomp/911 cab/RR LWB

Garage List
B  [0.00]
Work with both your dealers service manager and BMW NA. I had a similar problem with my 2014 550 xdrive. Drivetrain malfunction on multiple occasions. I addressed the concerns regarding my safety with both parties. I was in the good graces of the service manager and when BMW NA contacted him, he advocated for a replacement. BMW NA authorized the dealership to order me the identical optioned car (was able to change the colors). They then bought the car back, no cost to me. They even covered registration and swapped out my black kidney grills for free. You have to approach this problem on multiple fronts
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2016, 06:18 PM   #6
oojnah
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolidge View Post
That's why we have lemon laws here in the US. Its not up to the dealer IF a vehicle gets returned as a lemon. The terms are not up to the dealer either the law states what will happen and the terms and if dealers balk we sick a lawyer on them.
it's good to know. but here in canada, there is something like that but it's way much complex process. will check it out. Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by iconoclast View Post
contact BMW and inquire about "trade assist".
Thank you sir. I will talk with Service Manager at tomorrow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by luv135i View Post
Is this the first instance and how long has it been. It sounds like you have a ways to go before you can even think about a buyback
yes it happened first time. but I think it's relate to safety. Imagine that your car stop in the middle of highway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nal13 View Post
Work with both your dealers service manager and BMW NA. I had a similar problem with my 2014 550 xdrive. Drivetrain malfunction on multiple occasions. I addressed the concerns regarding my safety with both parties. I was in the good graces of the service manager and when BMW NA contacted him, he advocated for a replacement. BMW NA authorized the dealership to order me the identical optioned car (was able to change the colors). They then bought the car back, no cost to me. They even covered registration and swapped out my black kidney grills for free. You have to approach this problem on multiple fronts
Thank you for the info. I will talk to my dealer and service manager at tomorrow.
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2016, 07:10 PM   #7
iconoclast
Self-Deprecating Narcissist
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Audi BMW Ferrari LR MB

a couple of points, keep pushing safety issue, your anxiety driving the vehicle, this is a hazardous situation that may result in injury, loss of life and litigation. throw those buzzwords out there and you should have some traction for the beginning stages of trade-assist case however if this is an isolate situation you may have to experience this a few more times before any progress is made. stay positive, be persistent but also be reasonable.
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2016, 11:11 PM   #8
Alan l.
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2020 F95 X5M Competition

Generally BMW is very good at situations like this. I've been through this twice and in the process of switching out my highly modified X5 35i for a X5M because of an issue they can't diagnose for nearly 2 months now after changing out a list of parts.

Follow the advice here about keeping good terms with your dealer and work with them on the "trade assist". Ultimately BMW has the final say but the dealer plays a BIG part in getting the ball rolling on this. The other route would be to lawyer up but to me thats really the last resort if your dealer or BMW doesn't want to play ball.

Alan