06-12-2016, 09:58 AM   #1
Shaw
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 X5 35d | 2019 X3 30i

Garage List
Round up on a few items and features...

Thought to share my experience after a few thousand miles on the X5 and the features I added in relation to their usefulness and price point compared to my previous 2014 model (both same generation):
- Premium Seats: They are excellent. I think they help with the looks more so than their added benefits. I'm glad I've ordered them. however the regular seats were perfectly fine on the 2014. If I had budgeting concerns, I could have definitely gone with the regular seats. Also, I'm still a fan of Dakota leather which unfortunately doesn't come with Extended leather... and I find Nappa to be more sensitive, whereas Dakota is sturdier and tougher. The leather dash that comes with the Pure Experience is priceless!
- Adaptive Steering: I would not order this again. Not that it is a bad option. It just doesn't add much compared to its price. Can easily live without.
- Comfort Adaptive Suspension: I'm still contemplating on this one. It was not as a game changer as I had hoped. If it was a big difference compared to the regular suspension, I would have known immediately. Perhaps the rear axle dampers would tell the tale if we are 7 people (using the 3rd row)
- Rear Entertainment. Certainly a good option. It keeps everything nice and tidy with no wires hanging around loose in the car. And it plays almost everything. Kids have their own headphones and me and wifey can listen to our music as well.
- 3rd row seating. We haven't used them yet...lol...although we knew we will use them on a rainy day with more than 4-5 people. That day hasn't arrived yet. But I think it will also help with the resell value.
- Extended Telephony. This was a total waste of money IMO.
- Connectivity package. Not happy. Internet is practically useless...
- Aluminium running boards. Would not order it again. During winter and muddy days, it makes it harder to get out of the car, and you rub the back of your pants to the board no matter how hard you try to stay away from it or step on it,...there you go!
I may have missed a few options...I will edit as I remember...
Overall it is a great car.
I've also purchased a 2016 X1 this week and the delivery will be next week. There's no comparison between the 2 and the X5 is a WAAAYYY different animal obviously.
Cheers

Last edited by Shaw; 06-12-2016 at 03:35 PM..
Appreciate 4
JustChris17487.50
      06-13-2016, 09:12 AM   #2
P1
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2004 3/4 ton Duramax

Appreciate the review. Keep us posted.
Appreciate 1