BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

02-04-2015, 12:38 PM   #23
cenix
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3 ZCP

^ A run-flat tire can be repaired just the same as any other tire. It has to be patched properly from the inside. So any competent tire shop should be able to do this.
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2015, 08:39 AM   #24
buckeyewalt
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 X5 50i

I've decided to get RFT for the last time on the rears only. My car is not even a year old and it's almost down to the wear bar on the rear, the fronts are OK. This is the last time for the Pirelli RFT, when they both wear down, it will be std. tires.
There is no way my wife could change the tires on the X5.
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2015, 08:40 AM   #25
buckeyewalt
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by cenix View Post
^ A run-flat tire can be repaired just the same as any other tire. It has to be patched properly from the inside. So any competent tire shop should be able to do this.
I think that a lot of tire shops don't want to mess with RFT is because they are very hard to mount and un-mount and sometimes balancing can be a problem.
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2015, 12:18 PM   #26
possib1edoc
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW X7

UPDATE: I just installed the Delinte tires today and the car is much more comfortable in terms of ride. Also, there is less tire noise now on highway. Definitely happy about the tires, so much better than the Pirelli's that came with the car.

Will test car in snow and let you guys know how it is. Currently there's no snow on ground where I live
Appreciate 1
      02-07-2015, 04:19 PM   #27
lapa
Private First Class
Sweden
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 M sport 40d 2017

I guess The Pirelli RFT's could last a couple of months before I put new ones on, but I have heard that the difference between quality RFT/non RFT is sooo big so I can't help myself. The Michelin non RFT will go on as soon as the winter tire period is over. Very interesting that will be! Mid april....
I have had Pirelli (P7 i think) before. That was on my old Audi A6 back in 2006. As I remember they whore out very quickly too. Is that always the case with Pirelli? I think Michelin is the way to go....Always been happy with them.
Appreciate 0