Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Any BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by FedM View Post
thats not good
they stick out a lot
I don't think they stick out a lot at all. But I guess its just personal preference. To each their own.

Name:  brar.jpg
Views: 1498
Size:  609.3 KB
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2016, 02:12 PM   #46
jpsjr70
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by FedM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdimagineer View Post
Not that bad, actually. If you're going to spend money on a quality exhaust, why hide it? The DINAN logo is visible and that's a good thing.
yeah I know, but that looks not good from the side
Ive had the same issue with my Eisenmann sport, and I finally moved tips in, and it looks much better now
So it is always much easier to make adjustable tips

I think they look dead on! The oem exhaust is to tucked in for my taste. We all have heard other companies exhaust systems, and for me this sounds perfect. I'm not looking to hear or want others to hear my BMW sound like a ricer. I would just like a little more rumble than stock and if I go to M1/M2 I would like to hear it roar! Thoughts?

Joe
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2016, 02:19 PM   #47
Ryngo
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 F85 X5///M, DG

Yea I don't think they stick out at all. Maybe you like yours a bit more recessed.

@Dinan. Thanks for the intake feedback. I'll be impatiently waiting for more.

Ok maybe you're looking for feedback or maybe not. Obviously the note and power gains are top notch. I also love the idea of running the tune w the exhaust. But I'm still tripping up just a bit on the appearance ... Especially the tips. Really would have liked them 100mm diameter. Or - another favorite design feature (especially w CF diffuser) are the carbon covered tips. Any desire to make that an offering?? Might cover up the dinan engraving but you could use the logo instead? Like the ///M sport version (not available for our welded oem exhausts).
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-05-2016, 02:36 PM   #48
Dinan_Engineering
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryngo View Post
Yea I don't think they stick out at all. Maybe you like yours a bit more recessed.

Ok maybe you're looking for feedback or maybe not. Obviously the note and power gains are top notch. I also love the idea of running the tune w the exhaust. But I'm still tripping up just a bit on the appearance ... Especially the tips. Really would have liked them 100mm diameter. Or - another favorite design feature (especially w CF diffuser) are the carbon covered tips. Any desire to make that an offering?? Might cover up the dinan engraving but you could use the logo instead? Like the ///M sport version (not available for our welded oem exhausts).
While I personally hate the look of the rolled type tips and much prefer the thin wall tips that Dinan is known for the market is definitely shifting that direction. We have been looking at options for clamp on tips in a multitude of styles but I don't see those tip options ever being retrofitted to existing exhaust designs, assuming the clamp on stuff ever actually is integrated, as it would mean fixture changes for the 100's of existing fixtures. The cost, and labor to do that endeavor would be monumental and I am not sure the benefit at that point would be worthwhile. I am sure if we do go down that road some market/price analysis will be done to see if it is viable/worthwhile though.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2016, 02:50 PM   #49
Ryngo
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 F85 X5///M, DG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinan_Engineering View Post
While I personally hate the look of the rolled type tips and much prefer the thin wall tips that Dinan is known for the market is definitely shifting that direction. We have been looking at options for clamp on tips in a multitude of styles but I don't see those tip options ever being retrofitted to existing exhaust designs, assuming the clamp on stuff ever actually is integrated, as it would mean fixture changes for the 100's of existing fixtures. The cost, and labor to do that endeavor would be monumental and I am not sure the benefit at that point would be worthwhile. I am sure if we do go down that road some market/price analysis will be done to see if it is viable/worthwhile though.
You lost me at fixtures.

I was simply referring to this added styling option with your full exhaust ... Like an add on. Maybe your answer still applies but I think you were referencing tips for the oems??
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2016, 04:14 PM   #50
Roundown
Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinan_Engineering
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryngo View Post

Well- if it helps, I'd buy your exceptional exhaust, if I had some say in the tips.

Some people want looks, some sound, some both.

As it is, I am passing.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2016, 04:31 PM   #51
FedM
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F86, F13

Perfect sound! add tips choice and thats gonna be #1 exhaust
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2016, 06:46 PM   #52
iracln
Registered
Rep
Drives: X5M

Any recommendation in Miami?? Tried calling South Motors BMW. After bouncing around a few people not knowing what Dinan was and leaving 2 messages with the certified dinan rep I am not very prone to going to them... Literally need you guys to point me in the correct way and should have this done asap! Thank you.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2016, 09:46 PM   #53
r33_RGSport
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G09 XM, G05 X5 40, 991.2 T

Quote:
Originally Posted by iracln
Any recommendation in Miami?? Tried calling South Motors BMW. After bouncing around a few people not knowing what Dinan was and leaving 2 messages with the certified dinan rep I am not very prone to going to them... Literally need you guys to point me in the correct way and should have this done asap! Thank you.
Just PM'ed you. Maybe I can help you as we are DINAN dealer.
Active Autowerke • KW • H&R • Ohlins • Remus • and more...
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2016, 10:05 PM   #54
tastelid
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2016 X5M

r33_RGSport can you PM your pricing on the tuner module? Cutting the stock exhaust has scared me off of the Dinan exhaust, for now.
      03-06-2016, 12:22 AM   #55
r33_RGSport
General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tastelid
r33_RGSport can you PM your pricing on the tuner module? Cutting the stock exhaust has scared me off of the Dinan exhaust, for now.
PM'ed
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2016, 02:19 AM   #56
FedM
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by r33_RGSport
Quote:
Originally Posted by tastelid
PM'ed
Me too please
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2016, 02:08 PM   #57
Dinan_Engineering
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roundown View Post
Well- if it helps, I'd buy your exceptional exhaust, if I had some say in the tips.
Technically you do have a say in tips, polished stainless or satin black ceramic, just not the choice you apparently want.

Can't be everything to everyone I suppose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iracln View Post
PM incoming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tastelid View Post
r33_RGSportCutting the stock exhaust has scared me off of the Dinan exhaust, for now.
It should be noted that all BMW axle back exhausts of this generation require cutting to affix an aftermarket exhaust, not just Dinan. The only way to do a clean swap is by mounting a FULL exhaust from the down-pipe back as the mid/rear sections of the stock exhaust is all one piece.
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2016, 02:27 PM   #58
bayareabimmer
Private
Rep
Drives: '16 X5 ; '16 750i; '15 S550

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdimagineer
That butt looks familiar.

This exhaust is brilliant. I've been through many on previous cars and DINAN always delivers the perfect combination. Highly recommended.
Do you go down to Morgan Hill and get the work done?
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2016, 05:35 PM   #59
tastelid
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinan_Engineering View Post

It should be noted that all BMW axle back exhausts of this generation require cutting to affix an aftermarket exhaust, not just Dinan. The only way to do a clean swap is by mounting a FULL exhaust from the down-pipe back as the mid/rear sections of the stock exhaust is all one piece.
That's fair, I wasn't trying to single Dinan out. No exhausts in my future then!

Still tempted by the tuner though.
      03-06-2016, 05:49 PM   #60
Manoloiv
Private
Rep

Please post more pictures and videos of the stainless model. Im on the fence about the tips untill i see some more angles. A stock vs dinan video would be nice.
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2016, 05:54 PM   #61
r33_RGSport
General
United_States
Rep

@Dinan_Engineering , I think it applied to most German cars.

Also, I just thought of the return to stock aspect.
I think it is better to bring it to muffler shop to reweld them. It is much cheaper than getting the OEM clamp which can goes for $80/each.
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2016, 07:20 PM   #62
critical_mass
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Ps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manoloiv View Post
Please post more pictures and videos of the stainless model. Im on the fence about the tips untill i see some more angles. A stock vs dinan video would be nice.
Please do; I would like to see how much more they stick out from the rear compared to stock. Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2016, 08:38 PM   #63
elisiX
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: '20 X3M Competition

Another vote for a stock vs Dinan video.

It's the one thing all of these videos from IND (Eisenmann) fail to do also.

2020 BMW X3M Competition ///M - ALPINE WHITE / SAKHIR ORANGE

Past: 18' BMW M3CS | 18' BMW X5M | '17 BMW M3 Competition | '16 Mercedes GLC250 | '16 BMW X5M | '15 BMW X5 M50d | '14 Audi SQ5
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2016, 09:48 AM   #64
Dinan_Engineering
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by elisiX View Post
Another vote for a stock vs Dinan video.

It's the one thing all of these videos from IND (Eisenmann) fail to do also.
Quote:
Originally Posted by neurotichamster View Post
Please do; I would like to see how much more they stick out from the rear compared to stock. Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manoloiv View Post
Some additional shots of the polished tips at various angles.

No luck on the video unfortunately as the stock exhaust is no longer around and no video of it was done when the car first came in (engineers tend to not waste any time and rip into things pretty quickly so us marketing folk don't have the time to do it proper, alas). Not ideal but there are plenty of YouTube videos out there that showcase the stock exhaust though for those that wish to try and compare that way. Again, not ideal but better then nothing I suppose.

Name:  IMG_1943_LR.jpg
Views: 1411
Size:  298.0 KB
Name:  IMG_1944_LR.jpg
Views: 1439
Size:  263.8 KB
Name:  IMG_1945_LR.jpg
Views: 1422
Size:  285.7 KB
Name:  IMG_1946LR.jpg
Views: 1444
Size:  297.5 KB
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2016, 01:04 PM   #65
FedM
Second Lieutenant
Rep

need different angel pics
I think it sticks out like Eisenman on this picture
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2016, 03:01 PM   #66
Dinan_Engineering
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by FedM View Post
need different angel pics
I think it sticks out like Eisenman on this picture
Car left this morning so I am unable to take any more photos of it. Perhaps one of the early adopters will take some photos when they get it installed for you.
Appreciate 1