BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

02-28-2015, 12:55 AM   #1
cataitu
Private
Luxembourg
Rep
Drives: X5 F15 M50d

first issue...due to factory recall reflash

I was just invited to go to the dealer for a software update to the dynamic suspension. All well, except that, when getting the car back, found a TMPS error on the cluster and the message to reset RDC. Started doing that, but the sensors get stuck at 49%, then comes a message of "TMPS failure, you can drive, call the dealer for an appointment". Went back to the dealer and now they say it most likely has to go through another re flash...
My question: do you know what else I could try to reset the sensors? I really hate wasting another day to go to the dealer (it is 60km from where I live...and need to go there twice as they keep the car for a full day for this..
thanks!
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2015, 01:21 AM   #2
Doanster
Major
Rep
Drives: 2014 F15 Carbon Black M-Sport

Try resetting it again and go for a drive. I've had issues before where reset would get to 90% and then it'd just sit'n'spin forever. I do recall getting the msg about TPMS data can only be calculated when the car is moving, i.e. I interrupted the process by parking the car or was stuck at a very busy intersection. On the third try, it was able to fully reset.
      02-28-2015, 04:18 PM   #3
cataitu
Private
Luxembourg
Rep
Drives: X5 F15 M50d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doanster View Post
Try resetting it again and go for a drive. I've had issues before where reset would get to 90% and then it'd just sit'n'spin forever. I do recall getting the msg about TPMS data can only be calculated when the car is moving, i.e. I interrupted the process by parking the car or was stuck at a very busy intersection. On the third try, it was able to fully reset.
thanks for the tip. I went to a gas station, and manually checked the pressure. It was fine. After that, tried the reset again and it went really fast and turned out to be successful. so, no issues now!
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2015, 04:32 PM   #4
Doanster
Major
Rep
Drives: 2014 F15 Carbon Black M-Sport

Good stuff. A few finicky things with our cars, that's for sure.