Rep
Drives: G06/G20/F30/F15/F10/E90

Garage List
2018 BMW 320xi  [10.00]
2023 BMW M340  [9.75]
2022 BMW  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snig
I find it really messed up that US customers are shafted and put on hold while Saudi orders get expedited. #Merica
They pay three to four times what we pay here. US is not most profitable market for BMW nomore.
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2013, 08:55 PM   #46
psuibmw
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G06/G20/F30/F15/F10/E90

Garage List
2018 BMW 320xi  [10.00]
2023 BMW M340  [9.75]
2022 BMW  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaw
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snig View Post
I find it really messed up that US customers are shafted and put on hold while Saudi orders get expedited. #Merica
This is not Saudi buddy. It is Emirates (Dubai)...an International Hub...all the brand new and expensive cars start from there...
It's not Dubai, it's Abu Dhabi ... I cannot read Arabic but from the license plate it's a two word not one. Abu Dhabi is as rich as Dubai if not more.
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2013, 09:13 PM   #47
lilmacarony
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 650i CV, 91 318i, 22 VW ID4

Quote:
As per BMWNA, the new F15 X5 is just now being released to BMW Centers. Deliveries start in a week or two.

Previous: 2018 Mineral Gray on Coral Red M Sport 330e, 2015 Arravani Grey i3 REx Giga World, 2013 Alpine White on Coral Red 328i M Sport
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2013, 11:17 PM   #48
Techjunkie666
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X5D SAV

I agree. I like the way my E70 X5 looks and this at first looked boxy but its growing on my just like the F30 or F10.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Wood View Post
I didnt like it initially, but it's definitely grown on me as a good looking SUV. Have to respectfully disagree.
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2013, 11:18 PM   #49
Techjunkie666
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X5D SAV

You are right. It is Abu Dhabi which is the capital of UAE. Dubai is another city in UAE. Good eye!

Quote:
Originally Posted by psuibmw View Post
It's not Dubai, it's Abu Dhabi ... I cannot read Arabic but from the license plate it's a two word not one. Abu Dhabi is as rich as Dubai if not more.
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2013, 11:47 PM   #50
rje
RJE 335xi E90 Monaco Blue/Lemon, MB C350 White/Blk
Philippines
Rep
Drives: 07-335xi E90, 07 MDX,11 C350-4

When people says "Its growing on me" it means..... Sorry guys but its still ugly to me, it looks like the X1s tailight & the fog lights are in the wrong place. It looks like a van of some sort. I talked to Sales Mgr & Salespeople of BMW & they are skeptical too hoping it looks better at personal. E70 will be the best X5 ever, I almost pulled the trigger on it coz of fear of not ever having one. Sad, Im a big fan but.....
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2013, 01:15 AM   #51
XZeb
Private
Rep
Drives: X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by gblansten View Post
It's inevitable that people differ on the subjective aspects of a vehicle. What about the RRS? It's awesome too.
The new RRS looks better than the old one but to my eye (as you say - these things are very subjective) they always look like square boxes with no style at all. The evoque looks more interesting and it has influenced the new RRS but they're restricted by having to keep their square box lineage. Just big chunky slabs with nowhere near as much style as X5's and Cayennes. Dont know about the interior of the RRS but the when I've looked at the interior of a couple of range rovers in my street it looks so unimaginative and dull. Good quality and spacious but so is a bus. I'm pretty sure r&d history is nowhere near as good as BMW. In the uk I'm pretty sure their popularity is mainly based on snob appeal.

Give me a porsche any time over a range rover. Snob appeal with these as well but the style is why I like them. I love BMW but sadly this X5 is a disaster and the design team should be fired. All the other new bmw's are looking great but something went wrong with this one.

I think a porsche might be in line next time I'm due for a change.

Last edited by XZeb; 10-13-2013 at 01:37 AM..
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2013, 01:58 AM   #52
gorun
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: W166 ML63 PP

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesrest
Now that's more like it. Very nice in white and msport, congrats! How is the adaptive m suspension? Comfortable in comfort mode?
I wanna know that too, please...
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2013, 04:20 AM   #53
BMWinGE
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW

I haven't seen one review with negative comments on the styling.
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2013, 06:43 AM   #54
Falafel Combo
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 xDrive50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by psuibmw View Post
They pay three to four times what we pay here. US is not most profitable market for BMW nomore.

I'm pretty sure BMW does not see any of that increased sticker price. Most, if not all of that markup goes to local VAT, tariffs and import taxes (ie, the local government).

Congrats to the OP.
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2013, 06:51 AM   #55
RazBimmer
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by XZeb
Sorry to be a party pooper but I feel like I'm going a bit crazy here looking at this ugly car and listening to everyone rave about it. I just don't get it. Even though it msport the sides are so flat and boxy. It's like all the wide stance and presence that the E70 has got flattened out. There's just no presence there. The back is even worse - a total mess. It looks so awkward. You really have to be lying or blind to not notice this.

I think people are in denial here. They wanted a new X5 so bad, something new and exciting, they are now kidding themselves and pretending that this is a good looking car when it patently is not.
I'm not sure if you have seen the car in person.. I had similar impressions looking at photos at first.
I have seen the car (all 50i's) in different colors at the dealership last week and I can tell you it really looks amazing! I was surprised at how grand and superior to its segment this car looked.
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2013, 09:10 AM   #56
Lorde
Ya ya ya, I am Lorde, ya ya!
No_Country
Rep
Drives: E90 M3, 2015 SQ5

Garage List
2008 BMW M3 E90  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by rje
When people says "Its growing on me" it means..... Sorry guys but its still ugly to me, it looks like the X1s tailight & the fog lights are in the wrong place. It looks like a van of some sort. I talked to Sales Mgr & Salespeople of BMW & they are skeptical too hoping it looks better at personal. E70 will be the best X5 ever, I almost pulled the trigger on it coz of fear of not ever having one. Sad, Im a big fan but.....
Can you repost in English, please?
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2013, 10:42 AM   #57
duchozen
Private
Rep
Drives: '11 X6M / '13 M6 Conv.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by rje
Can you repost in English, please?
lol you had to pull the English-please card?

The new x5 looks pretty appealing to me, and how many times have we said that the old designs look better only to realize that its really actually supposed to be a new design thus the name ALL NEW X5. Remember, the E70 was an ALL NEW at one point.

Nice car sir!
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2013, 10:54 AM   #58
Theride
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by rje View Post

The best looking X5 ever made was the 4.8is E53.
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2013, 02:13 PM   #59
chrisny
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 40i

it's really not nearly as different from the E70 as people want to complain it is, visually. Different nose and rear-end, but nearly identical shape and proportions otherwise. An evolution to the newer styling and as much as I still love the E70, the F15 does make it look old. Some people will just always prefer the old styling to the new, until the next generation comes out and the F15 is the "best ever"

The overreactions are both comical and annoying. It's really not night and day. Pics sometimes deceive, watch all the videos and you'll see how similar they actually are... And better still, now we can start seeing them in person.
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2013, 02:40 PM   #60
XZeb
Private
Rep
Drives: X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazBimmer View Post
I'm not sure if you have seen the car in person.. I had similar impressions looking at photos at first.
I have seen the car (all 50i's) in different colors at the dealership last week and I can tell you it really looks amazing! I was surprised at how grand and superior to its segment this car looked.
Haven't seen it in real life yet but I'm sure it will seem better than the pics. Bmw's always look great in the showroom. I thought th x3 looked good in the showroom even though I don't really like it. Actually - a couple of times recently I've seen what I thought was the e15 on the street (from the front coming towards me) but it was an x3. I'll give my honest opinion when I see it in real life.(i.e will admit it looks good if it does - but I feel pretty safe at the moment).
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2013, 06:33 PM   #61
Mavus
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E90 335i, F80 zcp

Quote:
Originally Posted by XZeb
Sorry to be a party pooper but I feel like I'm going a bit crazy here looking at this ugly car and listening to everyone rave about it. I just don't get it. Even though it msport the sides are so flat and boxy. It's like all the wide stance and presence that the E70 has got flattened out. There's just no presence there. The back is even worse - a total mess. It looks so awkward. You really have to be lying or blind to not notice this.

I think people are in denial here. They wanted a new X5 so bad, something new and exciting, they are now kidding themselves and pretending that this is a good looking car when it patently is not.
Agree 100%
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2013, 08:16 PM   #62
Surfrider
Polar Bear Power > HP
Rep
Drives: 2013 X6 50i M-Sport

I think more than anything, BMW failed hard with the M Sport package this time around. The great big black slabs of plastic for the fake "intake vents" on the front bumper are the biggest detractor for me. On my '12 M Sport, they were functional intake grilles! I actually prefer the standard (non-M) front bumper on the new model. The rear end is also not so pleasing and I do not like the X1 rear lights at all.

I'd kill to have a '13 M Sport with a '14 interior and electronics.

I am giving this one a pass. Maybe the LCI will correct these issues.
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2013, 08:25 PM   #63
gblansten
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 23 Tesla S Plaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surfrider View Post
I think more than anything, BMW failed hard with the M Sport package this time around. The great big black slabs of plastic for the fake "intake vents" on the front bumper are the biggest detractor for me. On my '12 M Sport, they were functional intake grilles! I actually prefer the standard (non-M) front bumper on the new model. The rear end is also not so pleasing and I do not like the X1 rear lights at all.

I'd kill to have a '13 M Sport with a '14 interior and electronics.

I am giving this one a pass. Maybe the LCI will correct these issues.
I completely agree on the Msport package's front bumper. Not sure why they didn't drop those silver accents that are on the X5 M50d.
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2013, 11:34 PM   #64
apw2607
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5 50e M-Sport

Yikes. .... Still looks awful to me. So long as you are happy that's the main thing. Congrats on the new car.
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2013, 05:24 AM   #65
Erie Von Otto
DT///M
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 F31 Touring

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by gblansten View Post
I completely agree on the Msport package's front bumper. Not sure why they didn't drop those silver accents that are on the X5 M50d.
I feel this way about all the new BMWs with the M-Sport. The lower portion of the bumper looks exaggerated and isnt functional so whats the point?

I dont know if it will grow on me or not.I know that I never liked the E63/64 6 Series or the E65 7 Series. I thought they would "Grow" on me but they never did. Im starting to feel this way about the current lineup.

But congratulations new owner guy. As long as you dig it, everything on here is just stupid opinions... Enjoy the ride!

Last edited by Erie Von Otto; 10-14-2013 at 05:29 AM..
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2013, 09:40 AM   #66
raptor700
Rep
Drives: 2014 x5 m sport pk

2014 x5

i order my on 10-1-13 still waiting for production this is going to be my fist bimmer im very extining cant waits
Appreciate 0