BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

04-10-2023, 11:19 PM   #1
khajak
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 2018 40e iPerformance

Car jumping and swinging

Guys, recently like a month ago or so, i replaced both air springs in the back mine are air compressed, i took the car to the dealer stating that these air springs were losing air and the car was loose on uneven roads and swinging left and right, they claimed the issue was from the air springs and now even after replacing them, my car still loose and swinging and on the navigation where the xdrive shows that 1 wide is 1 degree lower than the other and actually you can notice it on the car. What part might still be the problem?
Does un-aligned rear tire cause this? Im getting new tores and alignment by next week hoping the issue is tire only.
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2023, 04:25 PM   #2
tlow98
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2009 E91, 2014 F15 x35i

Sounds like you need new shocks. How many miles on them?
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2023, 07:10 PM   #3
jfandl
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW X5 5.0 (F15) - BM3

Sounds like the air shocks that were replaced may have a defective one. I went through 3 leakers, not BMW, but arnott replacements. Stick your fingers in-between the top of the tire and the fender. On my X5, I fit four fingers with play. After the air suspension looses too much air, your car will go into transport mode to prevent battery drain. This has to be cleared with BMW software and that side will not inflate until resolved.
Appreciate 0