BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

06-19-2018, 06:22 PM   #1
mindcontrollerone
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4 / 2015 X5

Ambient lighting symptoms

Not sure if anyone has experienced this, but my ambient light on the dash was so bright it was visible during daylight. None of the other lights were even visible. It’s happened twice and the only coincidence is it’s been hot outside. Not sure if this is a sign of the LED going bad bad 😩. Any LED experts?
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2018, 09:59 PM   #2
Kokiiiz
United Arab Emirates
Rep
Drives: X6 msport 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindcontrollerone View Post
Not sure if anyone has experienced this, but my ambient light on the dash was so bright it was visible during daylight. None of the other lights were even visible. It’s happened twice and the only coincidence is it’s been hot outside. Not sure if this is a sign of the LED going bad bad . Any LED experts?
Yes I have noticed the same on my X6 Msport 18. The dash board LED strip is glowing much higher than sides ones (sides almost looks witched off during day time in semi lit environment) so I guess it's normal
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2018, 01:29 AM   #3
mindcontrollerone
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4 / 2015 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kokiiiz View Post
Yes I have noticed the same on my X6 Msport 18. The dash board LED strip is glowing much higher than sides ones (sides almost looks witched off during day time in semi lit environment) so I guess it's normal
Thanks for the feedback... if they go bad I hope it happens before my warranty expires.
Appreciate 0