BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

05-18-2020, 06:15 PM   #1
smashe
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 competition 2016 x5 35

14 50i aux water pump location

Im getting a fault code for the aux water pump, short circuit to ground. Not sure where the location of it is. I'm under the impression that there are 3 water pumps for this vehicle, the main engine water pump, the intercooler water pump, and the aux water pump(i read that this was for the hvac system) Anyone have any input?
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2020, 06:44 PM   #2
Sophisticated Redneck
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by smashe View Post
Im getting a fault code for the aux water pump, short circuit to ground. Not sure where the location of it is. I'm under the impression that there are 3 water pumps for this vehicle, the main engine water pump, the intercooler water pump, and the aux water pump(i read that this was for the hvac system) Anyone have any input?
The 50i has four (Main, Turbo, Intercooler, Aux) and the M has 5! (Main, Turbo, 2 Intercooler, Aux). Bmw LOVES water pumps =)

You need to pull your cooling fan to see the Aux pump on the drivers side buried deep next to the radiator down low

This is the part: https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/bmw...230233#fitment
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2020, 07:22 PM   #3
smashe
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 competition 2016 x5 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophisticated Redneck View Post
The 50i has four (Main, Turbo, Intercooler, Aux) and the M has 5! (Main, Turbo, 2 Intercooler, Aux). Bmw LOVES water pumps =)

You need to pull your cooling fan to see the Aux pump on the drivers side buried deep next to the radiator down low

This is the part: https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/bmw...230233#fitment
Ok thanks. So this aux pump feeds the hvac system? Not fully sure of it's functional purpose. Do you know if it can be accessed from underneath if the belly pans are removed?
Appreciate 0