BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

03-28-2017, 09:22 PM   #3257
M6BMWDriver
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: F12 Singapore Gray M6 Conv

Hi All,

I have a 2016 F16 and I don't have AUTO HIGH BEAM ASSISTANT (5AC). Can I still code it to be on Auto On with the knob on Auto?

Thank you.
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2017, 11:45 PM   #3258
Almaretto
Major General
Rep
Drives: Test Vehicles

Quote:
Originally Posted by M6BMWDriver View Post
Hi All,

I have a 2016 F16 and I don't have AUTO HIGH BEAM ASSISTANT (5AC). Can I still code it to be on Auto On with the knob on Auto?

Thank you.
Only vehicles that have FRM (eg, F010 & F026) can have automatic HBA. Other vehicles, like F016 and F082 must toggle with turn signal stalk button.
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2017, 02:41 PM   #3259
wordsworth03
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: na

Hey guys,

I just coded my 2017 40e and was generally successful, but had a few questions that hopefully someone can answer.

1. ConnectedDrive now doesn't connect or work. I didn't mess with anything in this regard so I'm not sure why it suddenly stopped working. Has this happened to anyone else?

2. Opening the tailgate via remote - I can't find the function values in the HKFM module that are referred to on the cheat sheet. Have these been changed in later models?

3. Has anyone figured out how to decrease the loudness of the lock/unlock chirp? I found an old thread that had reference to a module and function code, but I could not find them for myself in those specified locations.

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2017, 10:59 PM   #3260
M6BMWDriver
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almaretto View Post
Only vehicles that have FRM (eg, F010 & F026) can have automatic HBA. Other vehicles, like F016 and F082 must toggle with turn signal stalk button.
Thank you!

For some reason today my BMW Assist disappeared, is that something that might have been inactivated by FDL. I coded lots of things yesterday and just realized it's gone?
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2017, 11:02 PM   #3261
M6BMWDriver
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by wordsworth03 View Post
Hey guys,

I just coded my 2017 40e and was generally successful, but had a few questions that hopefully someone can answer.

1. ConnectedDrive now doesn't connect or work. I didn't mess with anything in this regard so I'm not sure why it suddenly stopped working. Has this happened to anyone else?

2. Opening the tailgate via remote - I can't find the function values in the HKFM module that are referred to on the cheat sheet. Have these been changed in later models?

3. Has anyone figured out how to decrease the loudness of the lock/unlock chirp? I found an old thread that had reference to a module and function code, but I could not find them for myself in those specified locations.

Thanks!
I had an issue and still having an issue with my connecteddrive today in one of my cars. I did call BMW And they told me that they are having issues today with BMW Assist.
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2017, 11:28 PM   #3262
wordsworth03
Private First Class
Rep

Yeah, i called and they told me the same thing. It started working again this afternoon.

I also found a thread that has the remote tailgate closing code for 2017s.

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=951857

Someone really has to update the cheat sheet! Now if I can find the chirp volume....
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2017, 11:35 PM   #3263
Almaretto
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Thank you!

For some reason today my BMW Assist disappeared, is that something that might have been inactivated by FDL. I coded lots of things yesterday and just realized it's gone?
Anything is possible. Do you have a record of what you changed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wordsworth03 View Post
Hey guys,

Thanks!
  1. Occasionally servers go down. Usually they fix within 2-3 days.
  2. I will get around to updating Cheat Sheet, but I included part of Launcher Cheat Codes.
  3. FZD module
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2017, 11:38 PM   #3264
wordsworth03
Private First Class
Rep

Where is the FZD Module? I searched HU_NBT and it wasn't there. Perhaps it is different for 2017 models?
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2017, 12:01 AM   #3265
M6BMWDriver
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

[QUOTE=Almaretto;21492148]Anything is possible. Do you have a record of what you changed?

Thank you Almaretto, I make a back up everytime i code any FDl. I can use the compare tool to see or, i can code back to default and see if that brings it back, then I'll recode it. I will keep you updated, I'll check in the morning.

I have one more question for you
I have a 2015 and a 2016 F16 both with the digital cluster, the 2016 has the MSport package with the MSteering wheel. The 2016 shows on the cluster once i put the heated steering wheel on that it is on. The 2015 dosen't show it, is that a software version update that does that or a FDL code?
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2017, 12:08 AM   #3266
Almaretto
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Thank you Almaretto, I make a back up everytime i code any FDl. I can use the compare tool to see or, i can code back to default and see if that brings it back, then I'll recode it. I will keep you updated, I'll check in the morning.

I have one more question for you
I have a 2015 and a 2016 F16 both with the digital cluster, the 2016 has the MSport package with the MSteering wheel. The 2016 shows on the cluster once i put the heated steering wheel on that it is on. The 2015 dosen't show it, is that a software version update that does that or a FDL code?
You can always code back to factory if you are unsure. But, since you have have various iterations, you may be able to track down a particular FDL that caused menu to disappear.

It is a software issue, but may also be an FDL. I am not sure if FDL coding alone can enable. But, you may be able to compare ECU's to deduce.
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2017, 12:11 AM   #3267
M6BMWDriver
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
You can always code back to factory if you are unsure. But, since you have have various iterations, you may be able to track down a particular FDL that caused menu to disappear.

It is a software issue, but may also be an FDL. I am not sure if FDL coding alone can enable. But, you may be able to compare ECU's to deduce.
It might be in the DKombi maybe, Ill compare it and see if i can find anything.
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2017, 12:25 AM   #3268
Almaretto
Major General
Rep

Quote:
It might be in the DKombi maybe, Ill compare it and see if i can find anything.
DKOMBI, HU_NBT, & BDC_Body would be the places I would most imagine are your best bet.
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2017, 02:04 PM   #3269
wordsworth03
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
  1. Occasionally servers go down. Usually they fix within 2-3 days.
  2. I will get around to updating Cheat Sheet, but I included part of Launcher Cheat Codes.
  3. FZD module
Ah, I found the FZD module. I changed frequency high to 2 (can't change it to 1) and it seems to be quieter now. Any thoughts on disabling chirp just for unlock? Thanks for your help so far.
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2017, 02:16 PM   #3270
M6BMWDriver
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
DKOMBI, HU_NBT, & BDC_Body would be the places I would most imagine are your best bet.

Thank you,

I just got my BMW Connecteddrive back on, it looks like the services were down. All good now.

Now I'm going to see if i can figure out the steering wheel icon, ill let you all know if i find anything.
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2017, 07:37 PM   #3271
M6BMWDriver
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Heated Steering Wheel activation and deactivation on Cluster

Quote:
Thank you,

I just got my BMW Connecteddrive back on, it looks like the services were down. All good now.

Now I'm going to see if i can figure out the steering wheel icon, ill let you all know if i find anything.

I have been looking for the code to show the Icon for Heated Steering Wheel Activation and Deactivation for a very long time. I finally found it and I tested on an F16 X6 and F15 X5.

it is in

BDC_BODY -->3140 PfLinSteeringWheel-->LHZ_CCM
Set to AKTIV and you are in business.

"LHZ_CCM
Comment = Should a check control message (CCM) be sent to the Kombi during manual / automatic activation of the LHZ? (Active = yes)"

now I wonder if I can control the temperature of heated steering wheel, the MSport wheel is barely hot, where the other type of wheels are nice and warm.

i'm sure it is somewhere in there, if anyone knows where please let me know.

thank you for your help.
Appreciate 1
ferrarif1320.00
      03-30-2017, 07:53 PM   #3272
Rotzy
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 F15, 2015 F83

Garage List
Quote:
I have been looking for the code to show the Icon for Heated Steering Wheel Activation and Deactivation for a very long time. I finally found it and I tested on an F16 X6 and F15 X5.

it is in

I can't wait to try this.

Thanks!
      03-30-2017, 10:31 PM   #3273
M6BMWDriver
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyde View Post
It's kind of both, while I wouldn't want to mess with temperature, it would be nice to see if there were any options, otherwise the main complaint is the lack of dash indicator when you turn it on/off.
I finally found it today.

LHZ_CCM
Comment = Should a check control message (CCM) be sent to the Kombi during manual / automatic activation of the LHZ? (Active =Yes)

The icon or indicator is now on the cluster.
Appreciate 1
Almaretto2372.50
      03-31-2017, 12:52 AM   #3274
Almaretto
Major General
Rep

Quote:

it is in

"LHZ_CCM
Comment = Should a check control message (CCM) be sent to the Kombi during manual / automatic activation of the LHZ? (Active = yes)"

now I wonder if I can control the temperature of heated steering wheel, the MSport wheel is barely hot, where the other type of wheels are nice and warm.

i'm sure it is somewhere in there, if anyone knows where please let me know.

thank you for your help.
Nice work.

You can change temperature of seats and wheel. You can also individually set time between shutdown/start to remember heat for wheel as well as heat/cooling/massage settings for front seats & heat for rear seats.
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2017, 01:21 AM   #3275
M6BMWDriver
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Nice work.

You can change temperature of seats and wheel. You can also individually set time between shutdown/start to remember heat for wheel as well as heat/cooling/massage settings for front seats & heat for rear seats.
Where can i do that in the same place?
BDC_BODY -->3140 PfLinSteeringWheel

I really need to change the wheel temperature it's way too low on the msport steering. I found few things but was not sure what to change it to. It would be great if you can find it.

Thank you again.
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2017, 06:34 AM   #3276
PeanutButterJellyTime
'06 525xi, '14 435xi, '17 X5 50i, '16 428xi GC
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 428xi GC

Very nice. Screen shot that so that I can add the indicator. I'm also reading every page on this thread to make sure I don't miss anything. On page 33. 😓
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2017, 12:42 PM   #3277
M6BMWDriver
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeanutButterJellyTime View Post
Very nice. Screen shot that so that I can add the indicator. I'm also reading every page on this thread to make sure I don't miss anything. On page 33. 😓
Sure here you go
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-31-2017, 03:35 PM   #3278
Rotzy
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 F15, 2015 F83

Garage List
Quote:
Sure here you go
Wait a moment. Are you saying the coding you discovered only gives you that "pop up" message? I thought you were talking about the little yellow steering wheel "icon" that is higher up on the display?