BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW X5 and X6 Forum (F15/F16) > BMW X5 (F15) and BMW X6 (F16) Forum > BMW X5 and X6 (F15/F16) Forum

03-06-2017, 09:13 AM   #1
Can Drive 5.0
Private
Rep
Drives: 2016 X5 50i

Seat Adjustment Not Working As Before annual Service

I took my car in for annual service and now when I push a seat memory button or when I push a seat adjustment button, the seat moves a short distance and stops. I release the button and push it again and the seat moves a little bit more. I have to do this several times to get to the desired position. The SA said they did a software update. I am guessing that has something to do with it. I find it a bit ironic that the driver's seat is the only issue so far because it is the main cause of great disappointment. The seat is so uncomfortable that I rarely drive the car and as soon as I can manage it, I will get rid of it. I am afraid that will be a while and in the meantime I am stuck with it. I do not want to return to the dealership, as they are absolutely the worse dealership I have ever dealt with. I am waiting for a new one to open next month and then I might take it in. This is the only problem I have had in a year of ownership and I feel very lucky. However, it has only 7K miles on it, so it is still rather new like. If anyone has a similar experience with the power seat and has a solution, I would appreciate your sharing it with me. Thanks in advance.
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2017, 09:17 AM   #2
turboawd
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 35i

Have you tried holding down the button?
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2017, 11:35 AM   #3
alphaod
Mmmmm…
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15

Garage List
If you depress the button, the seat will stop moving. You need to be holding it down. This is actually a good thing because sometimes you accidentally hit the wrong button, then you don't want the seat and everything moving without further intervention.
      03-06-2017, 05:09 PM   #4
Can Drive 5.0
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by turboawd View Post
Have you tried holding down the button?
Yes. I have had the car a year and it worked just fine until the service at the dealership. I hold the button, it moves, it stops, I release the button, I press and hold the button, it moves a little more, and repeat, repeat, etc. It used to continue to move as long as I held the button. It now acts the same way with a memory button or the individual adjustment buttons. I think it is related to the "software update" because it worked normally until then and then it started. If the update caused it, I bet there will be more people experiencing the same thing. I plan to point it out the next time it goes in for service. Until then, I will continue to push, release, push, etc.
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2017, 05:13 PM   #5
Can Drive 5.0
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphaod View Post
If you depress the button, the seat will stop moving. You need to be holding it down. This is actually a good thing because sometimes you accidentally hit the wrong button, then you don't want the seat and everything moving without further intervention.
I agree. Thanks for your input. I went into a little more detail in my post above. If I am the only one with this, then it most likely is a problem and not caused by the update. I think it is strange that it started after the update. I mean immediately after, like on the way home from the dealership.
Appreciate 0