BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

03-06-2017, 03:22 PM   #1
bobmos
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 540i, 2015 Z4 35i

Strange Beeps and HiFi Oddities...

I have had my X5 for about 4 months now. Still marvelling at the silky smooth drive.

I have one small issue that my BMW shop foreman tells me he has never heard before... When I open the door from inside or outside, there is a low volume odd sounding beep. Not the usual chirps, just this little beeep. If you close and lock and try agin... nothing... you have to wait until everything shuts down. Then unlock again and the beep is there. Even when someone exits from the front passenger seat when the doors are locked... same. Anyone ever have the same issue. I am scheduling an appointment to bring it in later this week.

Question about the HK radio. I find that when I switch off of radio or Sirius to the music on my phone, or even a cd, the volume levels don't correspond. I have to crank it up to 50% to get the output that my radio gives at 25%. Normal?

Cheers!
Appreciate 0