08-26-2013, 05:37 PM   #1
newbimmerx5
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW X5

New Order-your help.

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
So, I am almost ready to place the order in a week time with a local dealer for 2014 X5 Xdrive35i. This will be my first BMW.

My config:

xLine
Driver Assistance and Plus
Brown with Beige Leather
3rd Row
Cold Weather -- still thinking about this option..i don't like the retractable washers sitting on bumper. also, the front seats are heated.

Q1: What should i take, Premium Pkg vs Multi Contour seats?

Premium package will cost an additional 1250 for keyless entry. My budget doesn't permit both Multi Contour seats and Premium. Which is the best/must have option ? (Also resale perspective)

Q2: I see an option called rear manual shades. Should i take this option or have the glass tinted later?

Thank you.
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2013, 06:07 PM   #2
jman26
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 X5 msport active steer

Garage List
2015 F15  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by newbimmerx5 View Post
So, I am almost ready to place the order in a week time with a local dealer for 2014 X5 Xdrive35i. This will be my first BMW.

My config:

xLine
Driver Assistance and Plus
Brown with Beige Leather
3rd Row
Cold Weather -- still thinking about this option..i don't like the retractable washers sitting on bumper. also, the front seats are heated.

Q1: What should i take, Premium Pkg vs Multi Contour seats?

Premium package will cost an additional 1250 for keyless entry. My budget doesn't permit both Multi Contour seats and Premium. Which is the best/must have option ? (Also resale perspective)

Q2: I see an option called rear manual shades. Should i take this option or have the glass tinted later?

Thank you.
If budget is a concern then i always say features ocer look. I ordered an xline also. However i would tell you to order the comfort options over the $2600 appearance on xline.

Second of all the car comes w heated front seats. I believe cold weather adds heated steerimg wheel and heated rear seats along w the heated washers. I prrsonally didnt see a need for this. Just my opinion.

There is a difference in comfort seats vs regular. They are more padded and will allow a lot more in adjustments. Premium pkg is a convenience item that isnt needed but is nice. I think premium will have a better resale than cold weather. Just my opinion, i am no expert.
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2013, 07:23 PM   #3
chrisny
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 40i

While I agree the comfort seats are more useful than the cold weather package, if you live in a cold climate or climate with colder months, Cold Weather seems to be a must in terms of re-sale. I don't get it, personally (like you both said, it already has heated front seats), but my CA repeatedly tells me no-one up here in the Northeast wants cars without Cold Weather, except me... He mentioned the heated steering wheel as the reason. I think the heated wheel is great to have, I've had cars with and without, but by no means a must have.... if you can afford a BMW, you probably have a garage

Last edited by chrisny; 08-26-2013 at 09:50 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2013, 07:02 PM   #4
newbimmerx5
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisny View Post
While I agree the comfort seats are more useful than the cold weather package, if you live in a cold climate or climate with colder months, Cold Weather seems to be a must in terms of re-sale. I don't get it, personally (like you both said, it already has heated front seats), but my CA repeatedly tells me no-one up here in the Northeast wants cars without Cold Weather, except me... He mentioned the heated steering wheel as the reason. I think the heated wheel is great to have, I've had cars with and without, but by no means a must have.... if you can afford a BMW, you probably have a garage
Thank you folks. I spoke to the dealer today. He recommended to take cold weather package for the sake of steering wheel. The cold weather package would have been mandatory for cold weather had they not equipped with heated front seats as standard.

He also mentioned about the standard seats on new F15 are better than previous generation as per his sources. So, I may eliminate Multi Contour seats.

Yes, I do have a Garage
Appreciate 0