BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW X5 and X6 Forum (F15/F16) > BMW X5 (F15) and BMW X6 (F16) Forum > BMW X5 and X6 (F15/F16) Forum

08-16-2018, 12:16 AM   #23
P1
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2004 3/4 ton Duramax

Sorry to hear this man. As a result of this post, I am going review my uninsured policy.
Appreciate 1
Russmov1328.00
      08-16-2018, 12:57 AM   #24
bmwx1sq
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Localbrew View Post
Okay, I've been researching sounds like I need to get a diminished value appraisal done and then hire one of these online companies to help with letters to Allstate requesting my claim.
You should be assigned a case manager. Asked them to file the claim for you and someone from that department will call you.
Appreciate 2
Russmov1328.00
Lukebe0.00
      08-16-2018, 06:20 AM   #25
RedStick
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by P1et View Post
Sorry to hear this man. As a result of this post, I am going review my uninsured policy.
Yes, I'd recommend everyone take a look at your policy for uninsured motorists. It's a fairly big deal here in Texas.

There are two parts to that within your policy I believe: the first is injury, the second is property.

Thanks to all for your suggestions and kind words.

I'm past the shocked stage and now just want to get it to the shop for repairs to begin.

Again, I appreciate it, and look forward to posting some pictures post-repair of the X5.
Appreciate 3
P111572.00
bmwx1sq145.00
      08-16-2018, 06:33 AM   #26
ianfp
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X5 40D M Sport

Really sorry to hear of your misfortune! Like someone already said, bolt on parts should do the job. The rear end is designed to absorb impacts. In the UK, BMW accident management would handle the whole thing. I hope you get a good result!
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2018, 02:11 PM   #27
aracka
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 X50i

my heart is aching reading this sorry RedStick hope she gets a speedy recovery. glad you are ok!
      08-16-2018, 02:25 PM   #28
Rox335i
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 14' 335i, 17' X6 35i

That sucks man. Only thing that matters is your not hurt. Best of luck to you.
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2018, 08:59 PM   #29
artem123
Captain
Rep
Drives: G30

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianfp View Post
Really sorry to hear of your misfortune! Like someone already said, bolt on parts should do the job. The rear end is designed to absorb impacts. In the UK, BMW accident management would handle the whole thing. I hope you get a good result!
Gee... I might be a minority here but ... to have a personal manager and accident management team?! Come on, do they wipe ones behind too? Such a nanny state. It is a car which was hit from behind. Fix it, and move on.
      08-16-2018, 10:00 PM   #30
shezi01
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMX X5 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedStick View Post
I'm so depressed!

I purchased the X5 this past Saturday, one of their demo/loaner models. Four days later, I'm part of a collision.

I'm on my way to work this morning, and living in Houston, traffic is typically heavy with stop and go traffic.

I'm stopped on I45 for a good 5 seconds and I look behind to check around and I see a Camry coming to a stop, but closing quickly. I say to myself "good", but I'm not certain the Camry came to a complete stop by the time a guy in a Jeep Liberty cleaned her clock.

The Camry driver has Geico insurance, with an expired drivers license (just last month). The Jeep Liberty driver is uninsured - dropped his coverage in July.

I can't believe it.

No airbags deployed or anything like that, but it appears I've got a decent amount of damage.

Looks as if the entire rear quarter panel will need to be replaced, as well as the tailgate (not hatch), and then the lower bumper. I'm not sure of any damage underneath (muffler seems have avoided contact) with my untrained eye.

I'll more than likely have to claim this under uninsured motorist through my insurance provider. Maybe I can obtain some diminished value since this involves a brand new vehicle (depending on true cost of repairs/damage).

Anyway, thought I'd vent. Thank you for reading!

Sorry to hear, glad you are ok. Don't be depressed, car can be fixed, make sure to get urself checked out if you already havent. I completely understand the frustration. I know it is going to be PITA but stay on top of ur case person..

Last edited by shezi01; 08-16-2018 at 10:00 PM.. Reason: Correcting
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2018, 06:08 AM   #31
ianfp
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X5 40D M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by artem123 View Post
Gee... I might be a minority here but ... to have a personal manager and accident management team?! Come on, do they wipe ones behind too? Such a nanny state. It is a car which was hit from behind. Fix it, and move on.
If you are involved in an accident, this service means that you have to make just one call and BMW does everything else for you including collecting your car from the accident site and providing a loaner. They deal with your insurance company and they get all the repairs done at a BMW center. I don't understand why you think this has anything to do with a nanny state and yes, I think you are very much in a minority!
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2018, 07:27 AM   #32
Russmov
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW X5 xDrive 35i

Garage List
2015 BMW X5  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by artem123 View Post
If you are involved in an accident, this service means that you have to make just one call and BMW does everything else for you including collecting your car from the accident site and providing a loaner. They deal with your insurance company and they get all the repairs done at a BMW center. I don't understand why you think this has anything to do with a nanny state and yes, I think you are very much in a minority!
This sounds like a great service IMO. Sounds simple and straightforward. This is how it should be handled everywhere.
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2018, 07:38 AM   #33
sward
Captain
Sweden
Rep
Drives: i7 xDrive60

Garage List
2023 BMW i7  [0.00]
It happens in Sweden to. My M50d got about USD 4000 worth of damage. The shop fixed it really well and I couldn't tell it had been in an accident
Attached Images

i7 xDrive60 -23 Sold: iX -22, X5MC -20 (F95), X5M50d -19 (G05), X5M50d -17 (F15), X5M50d -14 (F15), 116d -13 (F20), X5 3.0D -10 (E70), M3 -10 (E93), 320DX -10 (E91), 320D -08 (E91), X3 30D -07 (E83), 335 -07 (E92), 325 -05 (E90), 320 -02 (E46), 318 -00 (E46), 320 -93 (E36), 318 -89 (E30)
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2018, 09:03 AM   #34
ronmexico385
Private
Rep
Drives: 2014 X5 Luxury Line

Quote:
Yes, I'd recommend everyone take a look at your policy for uninsured motorists. It's a fairly big deal here in Texas.

There are two parts to that within your policy I believe: the first is injury, the second is property.

Thanks to all for your suggestions and kind words.

I'm past the shocked stage and now just want to get it to the shop for repairs to begin.

Again, I appreciate it, and look forward to posting some pictures post-repair of the X5.
Funny how the uninsured also tend to be the worst drivers. You’d think they’d be super careful.

My wife and I have been hit 3 times between the both of us, here in Houston over the past 6 years. All 3 times the other driver had no insurance. All 3 times, our vehicle was stopped (in traffic, at a light, at a stop sign).
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2018, 08:32 PM   #35
M3Bahn
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Sounds awesome, dealing with all crap after an accident especially if they weren't insured is a nightmare. I wish they has this service in the states.
      08-18-2018, 08:35 PM   #36
M3Bahn
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M3

Sorry to hear, hope things go smoothly.
I found having a great body shop can take a lot of the stress out of things and they will fight for you.
      08-23-2018, 04:21 PM   #37
Pdubhtown
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I'm so depressed!

I purchased the X5 this past Saturday, one of their demo/loaner models. Four days later, I'm part of a collision.

I'm on my way to work this morning, and living in Houston, traffic is typically heavy with stop and go traffic.

I'm stopped on I45 for a good 5 seconds and I look behind to check around and I see a Camry coming to a stop, but closing quickly. I say to myself "good", but I'm not certain the Camry came to a complete stop by the time a guy in a Jeep Liberty cleaned her clock.

The Camry driver has Geico insurance, with an expired drivers license (just last month). The Jeep Liberty driver is uninsured - dropped his coverage in July.

I can't believe it.

No airbags deployed or anything like that, but it appears I've got a decent amount of damage.

Looks as if the entire rear quarter panel will need to be replaced, as well as the tailgate (not hatch), and then the lower bumper. I'm not sure of any damage underneath (muffler seems have avoided contact) with my untrained eye.

I'll more than likely have to claim this under uninsured motorist through my insurance provider. Maybe I can obtain some diminished value since this involves a brand new vehicle (depending on true cost of repairs/damage).

Damn bro that sucks. I live in Houston too and I just recently got an X5. I feel for you
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2018, 05:25 PM   #38
RedStick
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pdubhtown View Post
Quote:
I'm so depressed!

I can't believe it.

Damn bro that sucks. I live in Houston too and I just recently got an X5. I feel for you
Thanks.

It still stinks, but I can't control it.

The good news is that the X5 is now at the shop. Progress!

Hopefully, I'll have it back in a couple of weeks or what not.

My rental isn't great but I'm not letting that get me down.

I do know that I'm one paranoid driver now. Almost as bad as when we drove our son home from the hospital soon after his birthday...hahaha.

Stay away from I45 and Beltway 8 (north)...the roads are dangerous in HTown!

Good luck!
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2018, 10:05 PM   #39
Localbrew
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5

Quote:
Thanks.

I do know that I'm one paranoid driver now. Almost as bad as when we drove our son home from the hospital soon after his birthday...hahaha.

Good luck!
How's the repair coming along?
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2018, 10:33 PM   #40
RedStick
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Localbrew View Post
Quote:
Thanks.

Good luck!
How's the repair coming along?
Up to $8,650 in estimated damages/repair costs (had to go back and verify amounts).

Started with an initial estimate from the insurance company at an approximate $2,700.

Hopefully I'll get some feedback on how long the repairs will take now that the second estimate has been submitted.

I'm looking forward to actually driving the thing since I only drove it 3-4 times!
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2018, 05:02 PM   #41
RedStick
Rep

Got an update today. All parts ordered, some received, waiting on a couple of others. Will probably be finished up in a couple of weeks. My insurance company issued the 2nd payment to the collision center today, so we are rockin' now.

The best part - all new OEM parts.
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2018, 12:26 PM   #42
alphaod
Mmmmm…
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15

Garage List
Great to hear everything will be fixed up.

Back in 2001, we got the original X5, dealer damaged the front end enough that the windshield needed to be replaced during the first service around 3k miles. All they told us was it was in minor fender bender not that the whole front end of fixed on their dime (they didn't tell us any details and we were on vacation when it happened), only realized it might not have been small when I noticed the windshield was misaligned and not the same as it was from the factory. They finally fessed up and gave us the whole story, but they showed us they used all original parts. We drove it to about 180k miles with no problems... even then it was the usual stuff like bushings, bearings, AC compressor, etc.

Right now I'm dealing with my insurance company on getting a replacement rear glass for a Range Rover. They're only offering some third party glass which the shop I went to says it looks almost the same except it's missing a trim piece and the shop owner did me a solid says he didn't feel right putting on a piece that was slightly off spec. Hopefully I get the OEM one that has the right piece. It's been almost a month now it's ridiculous.
      08-31-2018, 08:16 PM   #43
Localbrew
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Got an update today. All parts ordered, some received, waiting on a couple of others. Will probably be finished up in a couple of weeks. My insurance company issued the 2nd payment to the collision center today, so we are rockin' now.

The best part - all new OEM parts.
Congrats Red! Can't wait to see her all done.
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2018, 08:18 PM   #44
Localbrew
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphaod View Post
Great to hear everything will be fixed up.

Back in 2001, we got the original X5, dealer damaged the front end enough that the windshield needed to be replaced during the first service around 3k miles. All they told us was it was in minor fender bender not that the whole front end of fixed on their dime (they didn't tell us any details and we were on vacation when it happened), only realized it might not have been small when I noticed the windshield was misaligned and not the same as it was from the factory. They finally fessed up and gave us the whole story, but they showed us they used all original parts. We drove it to about 180k miles with no problems... even then it was the usual stuff like bushings, bearings, AC compressor, etc.

Right now I'm dealing with my insurance company on getting a replacement rear glass for a Range Rover. They're only offering some third party glass which the shop I went to says it looks almost the same except it's missing a trim piece and the shop owner did me a solid says he didn't feel right putting on a piece that was slightly off spec. Hopefully I get the OEM one that has the right piece. It's been almost a month now it's ridiculous.
Just curious - what's the insurance company?
Appreciate 0