BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

11-24-2020, 01:18 PM   #23
patzkata
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Bmw x5

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue dragon View Post
I have the same error. Its logged, but does not affect any functionality, so I haven't tried to solve it
I noticed that it doesn't affect anything but it is annoying me, and looking for a way to get rid of it.
Does anyone knows what all the options under LCECONFIGURATION means?

I am sure that NSL refers to the rear fogs.
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2020, 01:20 PM   #24
blue dragon
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: '22 Tesla MY + '23 Tesla MY

NSL refers to rear fogs. I have not played with the variants to see what the options are. I did fix the issue on my 340 where I changed the switch as well, but have since returned it to stock
      11-24-2020, 09:40 PM   #25
maaii11
Private
Rep
Drives: Mini F54

Try to change to FF

Comment = BEL LIN variant, FF means not check of the variant id
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2021, 05:30 PM   #26
kyzrsose
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 & X3 & 325Ci

I was today years old when I realized the power of Bimmercode [Expert] mode. I have successfully coded my 2018 X5 with Rear Fogs.

Bimmercode has allowed me to do great things to my X5 to customize it, but the expert mode with the resources of the world wide web as aided me in some "dig me" items not normal to the regular bimmercode options.

My 2018 X5 50i (with the latest software update from BMWNA which locked my DME and removed by BM3 tune) has KAFAS (connected drive front cameras), Adaptive LED headlights, and other such features. I did have to purchase the Euro light switch for the rear fogs ($100 on ebay). I did not have to purchase ECE taillights to make this work. Just purchase the switch, and the rest is coding through Bimmercode Expert. I did not attempt ESYS because I'm not that smart

You do NOT have to remove/disable the VO of 8S4 or 5AP before performing the coding below in Bimmercode Expert.

Rear Fogs (must purchase Euro switch)
Body Domain Module > Expert Mode >

3064 > Mapping_Nebelschlussl_L_output: > nsl_l
3064 > Mapping_Nebelschlussl_R_output: > nsl_r

3068 > NSL_Verbaut: > verbaut
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2021, 06:18 PM   #27
CanadianLurker
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 X5 xDrive35d

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///d View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by RED_Y_ View Post
OP has 2014 so I am not 100% sure about the tail lights.
yeah I see that also. Maybe its a manufactured location thing?

US plant = need tail lights
CAN plant = dont need tail lights

I would like to try this with my 2016 but I've been hesitant because of the tail light piece. The panic lights IMO are pointless, I'd much rather have a rear fog for crappy foggy or snowy days.
Just to clarify, there's only 1 plant world-wide making the X5 and that plant is located in Spartanburg, SC. Production there covers Europe, North America, everywhere else, left-hand drive, right-hand drive and everything in between.

There's still going to be be market-specific differences but the differences will be spawned from regulations and/or costs and not because of different plants.
Appreciate 1
///d1820.00
      12-06-2021, 06:26 PM   #28
Tomcat_F15_STL
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW F15

I just ordered my switch off FleaBay...

Headlight Switch p/n 61319865813

$60

Last edited by Tomcat_F15_STL; 12-07-2021 at 08:12 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2021, 05:33 PM   #29
beats
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 911 GTS

Has anyone taken the switch apart? On my E92 I was able to re-use the factory switch with only a minor mod. Took abt 30 min.

https://www.e90post.com/forums/showt...ghlight=switch
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2021, 01:22 AM   #30
spyderdoc
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2018 X5 35d. 2016 Porsche GT4

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyzrsose View Post
I was today years old when I realized the power of Bimmercode [Expert] mode. I have successfully coded my 2018 X5 with Rear Fogs.

Bimmercode has allowed me to do great things to my X5 to customize it, but the expert mode with the resources of the world wide web as aided me in some "dig me" items not normal to the regular bimmercode options.

My 2018 X5 50i (with the latest software update from BMWNA which locked my DME and removed by BM3 tune) has KAFAS (connected drive front cameras), Adaptive LED headlights, and other such features. I did have to purchase the Euro light switch for the rear fogs ($100 on ebay). I did not have to purchase ECE taillights to make this work. Just purchase the switch, and the rest is coding through Bimmercode Expert. I did not attempt ESYS because I'm not that smart

You do NOT have to remove/disable the VO of 8S4 or 5AP before performing the coding below in Bimmercode Expert.

Rear Fogs (must purchase Euro switch)

Thank you! This was awesome!!! I have a 2018 as well. I bought the euro switch a year ago and never got around to doing this. I saw your post and did this in 10 min with BimmerCode. So happy you included the line numbers.

Next up projects:
- Code VLD and anti-glare high beams, but don’t think I can do it in BimmerCode. May order ProTools or try eSys, but eSys seems a bit intimidating.

- For my night vision, I bought the euro projector spot lights that replace the US fog lights, so need to install and see if I can find the codes to activate them. Fun fun.
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2021, 01:50 AM   #31
///d
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15 35d M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyderdoc View Post
Thank you! This was awesome!!! I have a 2018 as well. I bought the euro switch a year ago and never got around to doing this. I saw your post and did this in 10 min with BimmerCode. So happy you included the line numbers.

Next up projects:
- Code VLD and anti-glare high beams, but don’t think I can do it in BimmerCode. May order ProTools or try eSys, but eSys seems a bit intimidating.

- For my night vision, I bought the euro projector spot lights that replace the US fog lights, so need to install and see if I can find the codes to activate them. Fun fun.
You can code VLD with Bimmercode. I coded mine with no issues.

I thought I saw a post where you could code anti-dazzle with Bimmercode as well, but you have to have LED headlights.

My Diesel Information Thread | My Wheels, Tires, and Fitment Thread | My Teardrop Camper Build | My F15 Suspension Lift Thread
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2021, 08:48 PM   #32
Tomcat_F15_STL
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by maaii11 View Post
Try to change to FF

Comment = BEL LIN variant, FF means not check of the variant id
I coded using E-Sys.

I also get Fault in the BDC "wrong variant installed."

where do I find the BEL LIN variant coding you mention?
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2021, 09:43 PM   #33
Tomcat_F15_STL
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomcat_F15_STL View Post
I coded using E-Sys.

I also get Fault in the BDC "wrong variant installed."

where do I find the BEL LIN variant coding you mention?
Forget it. I found LCE_BEL_LIN_VAR by searching the BDC in E-sys. I believe it lives in 3069 > .

You must choose the option that looks like your current setting, but has "_NSL" added to the end of it. That got rid of the variant error which was showing up as an ISTA BDC Fault.

Thanks to all!

Last edited by Tomcat_F15_STL; 12-13-2021 at 09:52 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2022, 08:54 AM   #34
Variante Alta
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5d M Sport Metallic Whit

2015 F15 Coding

Quote:
Originally Posted by RED_Y_ View Post
I have my own old notes, not sure if that's the one but labeled as Rear Fog

REM

REM -> Mapping_Nebelschlussl_L_output: nsl_l
REM -> Mapping_Nebelschlussl_R_output: nsl_r

FEM_BODY
3060 NSL_Verbaut: verbaut

Hey this is awesome - I purchased and installed the euro light switch months ago but hadn’t got around to coding (or replacing lights - ugh). This coding worked great on my ‘15 X5 35d M Sport (Canadian version). However, those with this vintage will not find the REM and FEM_BODY modules. Look for the BDC_BODY module in E-sys and these three codes are there (use the Search feature to locate them). I only changed the left Mapping_Nebelschlussl code as I prefer to have only the left rear fog on when using it. Worked like a charm including the dash indicator for the rear fog.

Thanks a ton for this - made my entire week!
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2022, 09:49 AM   #35
RED_Y_
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 X5 3.5d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Variante Alta View Post
Hey this is awesome - I purchased and installed the euro light switch months ago but hadn’t got around to coding (or replacing lights - ugh). This coding worked great on my ‘15 X5 35d M Sport (Canadian version). However, those with this vintage will not find the REM and FEM_BODY modules. Look for the BDC_BODY module in E-sys and these three codes are there (use the Search feature to locate them). I only changed the left Mapping_Nebelschlussl code as I prefer to have only the left rear fog on when using it. Worked like a charm including the dash indicator for the rear fog.

Glad you got it sorted out and working, pretty neat retrofit.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2022, 11:43 PM   #36
M3HNGRY
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '18 AW X5 35d Msport

Quote:

This is nice to know! Also, this light switch doesn't have the vin store correct? Reason I ask cause my e46 light switch have the vin and mileage stored within it. If plugged into a different e46 mileage will update to the highest one and tamper dot will appear on the cluster.

TIA
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2022, 06:02 AM   #37
Variante Alta
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Hi - I've never heard of VIN specific light switches. The switch I have in my F15 came from a European X5 and had no impact on the mileage in my car. You may wish to post generally in the BMW threads about this as it's news to me - I find it hard to.imagine but it sounds like you've had that experience.

Best of luck.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2022, 04:46 PM   #38
RhinoComp
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 Competition 6MT

Just a general heads up, I tried ordering the switch from a few different vendors and it seems that BMW is blocking them from being sold to the US at the moment. So for anyone looking to buy, used options may be all you can get in the near future.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2022, 08:18 PM   #39
Variante Alta
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcstevens18 View Post
Just a general heads up, I tried ordering the switch from a few different vendors and it seems that BMW is blocking them from being sold to the US at the moment. So for anyone looking to buy, used options may be all you can get in the near future.
You can often buy new on international eBay sites. Cool upgradeability is part of the reason we buy BMWs (are you listening BMW corporate lurkers? ). Let them buy what they want to buy. Only enthusiasts will be purchasing them and they are the ones who know how to use these features correctly…
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2022, 10:36 PM   #40
M3HNGRY
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Hi - I've never heard of VIN specific light switches. The switch I have in my F15 came from a European X5 and had no impact on the mileage in my car. You may wish to post generally in the BMW threads about this as it's news to me - I find it hard to.imagine but it sounds like you've had that experience.

Best of luck.
If yours was Preowned Light Switch and it works. Then I will give it a go. I'm still new to this platform and just wanted to be safe.

TIA
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2022, 04:35 PM   #41
///d
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15 35d M Sport

Can confirm this works on a 2016 X5d, production date of 02/2016.

Purchased a euro switch from FCP Euro, installed and coded with BimmerCode. No warnings, no errors.

Without rear fogs on and with rear fogs on.
(Yes I know I need tabs, just got home from overseas yesterday.)
Attached Images

My Diesel Information Thread | My Wheels, Tires, and Fitment Thread | My Teardrop Camper Build | My F15 Suspension Lift Thread
Appreciate 1
      02-01-2022, 05:17 PM   #42
M3HNGRY
Private First Class
Rep

BimmerGeeks ProTools

Rear Fog Lights
BDC Module
Expert
3068 > NSL_Verbaut: verbaut
3069 > LCE_BEL_LIN_VAR: add _NSL to the end of current configurations
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2022, 08:15 AM   #43
nickterp83
Rep
Drives: 2018 x5

Hello All,

I replaced the switch in my 2013 and 2015 5 series with plug and play no coding. I have never done the coding as many have outlined here. Could use a little advice on which program to use and the adapter required for my 2018 x5.

Also, what is the trick to pulling the switch from the console? Looks like the vent needs to come out as well.

Many thanks in advance.
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2022, 11:16 AM   #44
RED_Y_
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 X5 3.5d

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickterp83 View Post
Hello All,

I replaced the switch in my 2013 and 2015 5 series with plug and play no coding. I have never done the coding as many have outlined here. Could use a little advice on which program to use and the adapter required for my 2018 x5.

Also, what is the trick to pulling the switch from the console? Looks like the vent needs to come out as well.

Many thanks in advance.
Two coding megathreads:
https://f15.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1033991
https://f15.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1391908

You will need to remove to decorative strips on the vent and the vent itself. Once removed push down two retaining clips on the switch and take it out.
Appreciate 0