BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

12-08-2016, 12:45 AM   #23
madmax2k1
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW X5, 2018 Jaguar XE S

Here's the email I got back from BMW after I inquired about this issue:

We are currently experiencing issues with our BMW I Remote app and the ConnectedDrive Portal. The BMW I remote app is currently being phased out, and it is recommended to download the BMW Connected NA app, as we are expecting an update this week for this app to resolve the issue. If you have any further questions please contact BMW Genius at 844-443-6487 .
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2016, 01:23 PM   #24
HZX540e
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X5MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRCUR View Post
Working fine for me on iOS with the BMW Connected app. I'm not sure the old "Remote" app is meant to work anymore.

This is the new, supported app - https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/bmw-...087277146?mt=8
The new connected app was the one not working for me since 30 Nov. it was fixed a couple of days ago. The old remote app never had vehicle location. AFAIK.
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2016, 03:48 PM   #25
Almaretto
Major General
Rep
Drives: Test Vehicles

Quote:
Originally Posted by HZX540e View Post
The new connected app was the one not working for me since 30 Nov. it was fixed a couple of days ago. The old remote app never had vehicle location. AFAIK.
The Android Remote App always had reliable vehicle location. The IOS has advantage of being able to unlock vehicle without calling and may have recently added vehicle location.

I still have not gotten confirmation on whether IOS does better job of locking vehicle. For Android, it locks main doors, but neither sets alarm or secures gas flap.
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2016, 05:09 PM   #26
HZX540e
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X5MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almaretto View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by HZX540e View Post
The Android Remote App always had reliable vehicle location. The IOS has advantage of being able to unlock vehicle without calling and may have recently added vehicle location.

I still have not gotten confirmation on whether IOS does better job of locking vehicle. For Android, it locks main doors, but neither sets alarm or secures gas flap.
On my x5 the iOS app locks all doors.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2016, 09:50 AM   #27
madmax2k1
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW X5, 2018 Jaguar XE S

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmax2k1 View Post
Here's the email I got back from BMW after I inquired about this issue:

We are currently experiencing issues with our BMW I Remote app and the ConnectedDrive Portal. The BMW I remote app is currently being phased out, and it is recommended to download the BMW Connected NA app, as we are expecting an update this week for this app to resolve the issue. If you have any further questions please contact BMW Genius at 844-443-6487 .
The Connected app started working again for me; it looks like BMW resolved the portal issue.
Appreciate 0